Round 1 Teams ...... It's time!

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Mar 22, 2017.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

All I told them was that you might have a slightly suspect browsing history. Whatever happened after that is out of my hands. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Correction v2. 10 walking dead.
    Likely to be down to 6 by Sunday.

Couldn't dream up this Sh!t :D

3. Tracey

Tracey Well-Known Member

Bit late but Packers team

DEFENDER
    Lachie Henderson, Matthew Buntine, Andrew McGrath, Nathan Wilson - (Marley Williams)

MIDFIELDER
    Rory Sloane, Tom SCULLY, David Mundy, Mark HUTCHINGS - (Dylan Clarke)

RUCK
    Aaron Sandilands - (Majak DAW)

FORWARD
    Brandon MATERA, Cameron McCarthy, Tom Lynch, Alexander FASOLO - (Jack Silvagni)

INTERCHANGE
    Danyle Pearce, Sam Reid

4. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@anthak I agree that the losing team should be the recipient of the Mediocrity Cup, in a great sign for both clubs the game between the Devils and Cockatoos didn’t live up to its name, with the clubs playing an entertaining, high scoring game with half of the 30 players scoring ton’s. If both teams can play football of a similar standard during 2017 the mediocrity days for both teams will indeed be a thing of a past and two new clubs will need to be found to play for Mediocrity Cup in 2018.

I have got the Cradle Mountain Devils 1,458 defeating the Gariwerd Cockatoos 1,386 by 72 points. The Devils dominated the midfield and ruck, winning these two lines combined 639 points to 478. Even with Gariwerd forward Tex Walker being a late withdrawal and replaced by Billie Smedts the Gariwerd forward line and defense combined for 742 points to outscore these two lines combined for the Cradle Mountain by 55 points. The Cockatoos interchange outscored CMD 168 to 132 with a late change by the Devils backfiring as late in forward/ruck Tom Boyd scored 39 points as interchange 2 to be the only Devil with a sub 55 score.

The Cockatoos scored more tons than the Devils, eight to seven however some brilliance from Devils captain Pendlebury and vice-captain Heppell together with a slightly more consistent team performance was enough to secure victory for the Devils. Heppell earnt the five Les W Medal votes with 152 points whilst Pendlebury scored 146 points to earn four votes. The Devils duo were ranked third and fifth in the ORFFA during the opening round of the 2017 season, behind Whitsunday Warriors forward Josh J Kennedy and Mount Beauty Uglies midfielder Dustin Martin with 174 and 159 points respectively. The Devils duo were split by Marble Bar Misfits defender Rory Laird being ranked fourth in the ORFFA for the round with 147 points. Cockatoos midfielders Nathan Jones (132), Goddard (123) and forward/midfielder Miller (117) were ranked third to fifth on the ground to receive the remaining votes in the game against the Devils. Nathan Jones may have been in the votes however his team lost to younger brother Zak’s team with the young Devils defender playing his best game for the club and scoring 95 points. Highlighting their increased depth in 2017 a dozen Devils scored at least 80 points, whilst 11 Cockatoos were in this category.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. snoz

snoz Moderator

Nice opening round win Hoppers. Commiserations Tracey to go down by a measly 11 pts..........

• Like Like x 2
  6. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Well done Len. We played you when your Giants were more like pygmies; however Murphy and Laird really shone. That is a very good sign for the misfits from the bar.

Cows supporters quite sanguine about the result. After earthquakes, floods, the PM resigning and flights to Adele's concerts being cancelled at the last moment, they were in the mood for a bit of light relief.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Thanks mate, I was lucky to get away with a couple of poor selections with your defenders falling over pre-game.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can't even tank properly.... :oops:

;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Vultured by 1 pippy. Congrats to the Bay.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tracey

Tracey Well-Known Member

I blame Len!!

I couldn't check my team on Friday after final team were named so I had a couple of players in that didn't play.:(

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I can't believe that I won my first game in Round 1 since I took over.

It's very exciting for me.

• Like Like x 4
  12. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

That's sad Tracey, perhaps Len should donate the points he stole from me to you. :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Great work Jen, the 4 points did not go unnoticed. The first win of many methinks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Len

Unlikely :p

15. snoz

snoz Moderator

Damn, sorry Trace.........(( Len, where do you want to me to send the $100 ))

;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Len

I plead complete innocence;
    Len - Babe, it's Friday, final teams were announced 10 minutes ago, have you checked your teams?
    Tracey - liuftcvnukvgbueytvb oevt ;oveav o soeubtruliXDB CCGRV URV S ok?

Len - No worries then

• Like Like x 2
  17. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

If $100 is the going rate for a win how much has @That KI Guy been paid to send the defending premier Lefties to the bottom of the ladder and who has been prepared to pay him this sort of money?????)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  18. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Good win mate, and I am now a proud owner of the mediocrity cup for 2017

19. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are you sure it wasn't more like:

Tracey - I need to check my team. Len? Len?! LEN?!?!
    Len:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3