2017 Round Review: Round One

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 26, 2017.

By walesy on Mar 26, 2017 at 8:19 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, round one is nearly complete, and the cockles of my heart have been warmed but an upset victory over the Hawks.

Slightly less warming though, was the 2000ish score that I'll be opening the season with. With a bit of luck though, I might crack 2100. Feels a little low, but I guess there have been a bunch of trash rookies and Hannebury stinking it up, so maybe that par? I dunno- can't seem to see anyone's scores anymore.

To remedy that, hit us up with your scores in the comments below! :D

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 26, 2017.

1. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      2194 so pretty happy with that. Got SPP and Butler on the field but Hampton and Barrett poor, A few under performing premiums so hopefully they step up this week.
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      Happy with 2314, including Pickett's dismal 28 which as it turns out was better than Swallow's 0.
      • Like Like x 5
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Round 2 will start with the Tiges vs Magpies on Thursday night, so once again there won't be much time to adapt to Round 2 selections before deciding whether to trade the likes of Butler, Nankervis and WHE into your team (assuming they are named on Wednesday).

Geelong, NM, Melb, Carlton, Port and Freo play Sunday so here's hoping that Stewart, Parffit, Thurlow, Turner, Simpkin, Hibberd, MacCreadie, Picket and Eddy make the 22 and don't get named on the 7 man extended benches

2nds news from the weekend for those interested
      http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-26/around-the-state-leagues
      • Like Like x 5
    4. Matty C
      Matty C
      2252 and ranked 6929, which is a reasonable start considering I was carrying Hannebery. Copped Smith's injury too (though at least not on field) and ended up trading in Cameron to loophole Butler, which saved me from Eddy's 30 but also cost me Houston's 72 worth of cash generation.

I'm considering keeping Smith and Cameron (even if they don't play) for loophole purposes considering how poorly some of these rookies are scoring. Would be handy to loophole Butler, Eddy and Pickett and also Otten, Stewart and Hampton. Won't work every week but could help gain a few points or avoid a few 30s! Good idea or will it inhibit cash generation too much?
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    5. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Happy with 2165. Slightly less than @Jason but we can only get better (perhaps).
      • Like Like x 1
    6. crossy
      crossy
      managed to get 2322, ranked 1071 at the moment, best start ive had for a while haha
      • Like Like x 1
    7. benny01
      benny01
      2153. Can't really hate on the rookies so it's only really Hannebery who let me down.
    8. TheTassieHawk
    9. Hazey1977
      Hazey1977
      I'm toying with Treloar and 200k rookie out for Gawn and cheaper rookie. Allows Nank to become F4.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    10. drlok
      drlok
      2109 with a doughnut because of Swallow and a wedding :( I did have a trade obviously and left 200k in the kitty just in case, but didnt see it until to late. An extra 100 would have seen me in the top 5000ish but now 30.000 thousand and season over. Bring on the leagues.
    11. drlok
      drlok
      I should have told her that I would marry her next weekend or on a Monday
      • Like Like x 4
    12. IPOD
      IPOD
      2043 for my team with rookies pooing it up all over the place like a kid with diarrhea
    13. warsaken
      warsaken
      .... Or in October ....
      • Like Like x 1
    14. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Season not over mate.
      A number of top 100 from last yr came from 30-40k after early rounds.
      • Like Like x 4
    15. RPritch
      RPritch
      Spot on. I was in the top 2000 after Rd 2 last year and ended up outside the top 12000, where you are in the rankings early doesn't mean much at all
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Iain
      Iain
      Last year after round one I was ranked 81,834 and finished 4,326. I made a decent amount of bad trades as well so better coaching would have seen a pretty good ranking.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Richmond v Collingwood at the MCG, Thursday March 30, at 7.20pm AEDT

RICHMOND
      In: K.Lambert, B.Lennon, J.Short
      Out: T.Hunt, S.Lloyd, K.McIntosh (omitted)
      Emg - Hunt, Maric, Miles

COLLINGWOOD
      In: T.Broomhead, J.Aish
      Out: T.Varcoe (suspended), M.Cox (omitted)
      Emg - Cox, Dunn, Daicos.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. TheTassieHawk
    19. stripey
      stripey
      When did laverde hurt himself, same ankle as last year?
    20. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk