2017 Round Review: Round 6

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 30, 2017.

By walesy on Apr 30, 2017 at 8:41 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Man, this season hey? Another week, another horror! And it's only round 6!!

Nank, Rocky, Beams, Fyfe, Captain Dangerfield- it's been a disaster!

Heck, I had Doch's 149, Yeo's 150 and WHE's 125 and still barely cracked 2k.

Man, looking around the grounds, I might have even gotten above par with that rubbish!

What is going on this season!? :D Anyone do well this week?

• Like Like x 1
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 30, 2017.

1. kram
      kram
      Got 2217 and jumped 20,000 spots to around 9500 in the rankings. Keeping faith in Ablett has paid off
      • Like Like x 1
    2. jezzafred
      jezzafred
      Losing patience with Roughie& Omera. What are thoughts on a Roughie to Higgins trade?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Went rough to franklin last week and this week plan on jaeger to pendles. I was all for higgins earlier in the year but had a couple of bad games since. Still averaging 99 and cheap enough which is why I assume you want him. Handy round 12 bye too if you have no other round 12 players!
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      As long as Higgins comes with Free Band-Aids then it seems a reasonable trade, is there anyone else around Higgins price who is more likely to play the remaining 16 games ??
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Senator96
      Senator96
      That was the worst round ive had in years. Haven't even wanted to survey the damage until now and still just want to pretend it didn't happen. To make it worse Nankervis gets a week and I have him in the rucks with no mpp and preuss at r3. Any hope of preust getting a recall this week? I suppose he could be traded out as he has made 138k but just frustrating as theres at least another 50 grand there to be had if he got a call up. And you need a rookie ruck playing as well as cant be traded up to anyone.

I'm getting super frustrated with roughhead as well, got rid of omeara a couple of weeks back and KK the week just gone. This Is why I rarely go for the mid pricers as it hardly ever seems to work out. Is Higgins still playing in the midfield? If so it might be worth considering as I'm sure I'm not the only one cash strapped with many rookies either not playing or not making any money anyway.

What are peoples thoughts on hibberd at 406k?
      • Like Like x 1
    6. benny01
      benny01
      With the players I'm moving on and the cash I have in hand I can afford to bring in any player that I want this week. (1up and 1 down)

The problem is that it's given me too many options and I have no idea where to look. Roberton/Simpson in Defence or Yeo/JJK in Attack are probably what I'm looking at right now. Or should I bring in Ablett or Martin.

I really miss those best buys that used to be here.

Anybody have any premiums that they think are a really good purchase this week?
    7. benny01
      benny01
      I think Hibberd is priced well. But I also think there's players I'd rather have in my side instead of him.
      I already have Docherty Shaw Laird and then there's guys like Simpson, Lloyd, Howe, Roberton, Williams, Shaw & Montagna who I'd prefer ahead of him.
    8. Senator96
      Senator96
      Yes I think Docherty Shaw Laird and Adams are locks so theres 4, LLoyd i def want as well howe roberton are good options are simpson and montangna slowing down? will still punch out the odd really big score as simpson did on the weekend. Vince was on my upgrade list too but hasnt exactly set the world on fire so far dont know if hes had a role change or is just playing rubbish, if so he'd fit nicely into my team :D Shaw is underpriced atm would like to grab him this week but not at the expense of a donut in the rucks. This game is so hard sometimes!
      • Like Like x 2
    9. JPK
      JPK
      I presume a few people have Nankervis, Greene, and Eddy - how are they planning on covering these three outs?
      All is ok if Eddy plays, but that's not looking overly likely right now...
    10. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Just like to toss this into the ring..........

One has to go. Who do you think has more potential upside; Marc Murphy or Dane Beams?
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 4
    11. RPritch
      RPritch
      My thoughts on Hibberd are that he's a jet and think many people should be looking at him either now or a bit later, including myself. However, it depends on your situation as he's no must have and would only trade him in if you have no better trades to do
    12. insider
      insider
      I finally pulled the pin on Vince and went sideways to Hibberd (hoping he turns keeper).
      Also lost patience with Jaeger and turned him into Clayton Oliver (see above parenthesis).

Pretty disappointed I let others talk me out of Oliver after Round 2 and then again in 3, however I believe it's been a big enough sample size to confirm a cracking year and snag him for low $500k
    13. bunza52
      bunza52
      Dead set shocker this week with 1769. Icing on top was have WHE on the pine.....oh the joys.....
    14. Kel
      Kel
      I guess there is a positive in all these scores in that if you can get it right there is plenty of opportunity to move up quickly, as a couple have indicated in their posts. Only 3 of last weeks top 20 stayed in, with some jumping 200+ spots.
    15. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      For those looking at Hibberd another to consider is Mcdonald. Yes he is 60k more but with scores of 109 and 104 back to back and his scoring history he seems good value too! We all need unlimited trades haha
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Providing both are named:
      UP: Parsons Cheaper and more consisitant
      Down: Black Ability to go big and missing!
      • Like Like x 7
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    17. benny01
      benny01
      Beams out aswell! min 2 weeks
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    18. stripey
      stripey
      The icing on the donut for me and many I expect...
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Hoppers
      Hoppers
      Where is Best Buys this year??
    20. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate,
      I remember reading a response to this question already that basically said the people who have done the weekly articles in the past - best buys and captains choice - are not available to write them this year.
      Walesy asked in a comment a few weeks ago if anyone wanted to step up and take on the best buys for this season, but it seems that nobody has put up their hand as yet.