2017 Round Review: Round 9

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 21, 2017.

By walesy on May 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, I broke 2200 this week, for the first time in ages. Still looks under par though!

Big scores from certain captain options looks to have secured big scores all round!

Still will be interesting to see which way I've gone. How'd you all go this week?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 21, 2017.

1. Senator96
      Senator96
      Yes im thinking hibberd this week even though he will miss the following with the bye, is that pointless? That low score against the hawks goes out of his cycle now and as someone else pointed out he did still get a lot of possessions even in that one. I have hampton marchbank and otten ready to cull and stewart pretty close as well. Cash generation seems to be harder this year so need to get a bargain here and there.

Should we start considering michael walters? Not normally someone i would think about but i just had a look at the salary predicator 3 tons in a row including a big one on the weekend breakeven -13 and i understand hes playing in the midfield now?

Also is there any word on balic or pickett? They cant stay on my bench forever and the crunch of the byes is only a week away. Im fearing they will both need to be traded but it makes stuff all money especially pickett but i dont even see his name mentioned in the reserves writeups
      • Like Like x 1
    2. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      Only 2162 this week. Kept plenty of trades and keep on bringing in more premiums, but scores don't improve.
    3. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      My likely trades at this point are Marchbank to Hibberd and Pickett to Greenwood.

Although there's talk that Otten could be dropped for Jenkins which would make me rethink.
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Personally I would need convincing that Walters will play mostly midfield for the next 13 games, with Ross you never know

I had read somewhere Balic might be back playing in a month, whether that means WAFL or the ones in round 12 or 14 I don't know. I don't see Pickett coming back in and doing well so see no issues with moving both on for the next generation of rookies. others might view them differently.
    5. bunza52
      bunza52
      PB for the year of 2287. Have jumped nearly 20k spots, (still way back at 22K) in the last couple of weeks, as I slid very badly a few weeks ago after back to back sub 2000, so hopefully I am back on track. No trades last week, which was good. Was looking at Butler and Beams to Myers and Yeo. Glad I slept in (im in Europe) and missed the Butler trade, which meant I didnt have the cash to get Yeo.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. St
      St
      For anyone still with Hampton
      ADELAIDE midfielder Curtly Hampton’s ankle injury is worse than initially thought and he faces three weeks on the sidelines after an impressive start to the season
      • Like Like x 2
    7. TheTassieHawk
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Anyone with access, could someone please post the top10 most popular defenders at present, in order?
      It will help me make a decision this week..
    9. Jason
      Jason
      I picked Greenwood too.

Always go the early Crow!
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Managed four-of-a-kind this week with 2222 :D, not a bad poker hand but not good enough for SC apart from finally moving me up inside the top 20k and netting 6/8 league wins
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Capture.JPG
      • Like Like x 2
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate, I appreciate it. It's good to see sometimes. Lots of rookies on there, I am surprised to see Otten still so high, but he'll probably drop now, and I expect Hibberd will be on there soon.
    13. stowie
      stowie
      Sandi being rested this week...

• Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks for the headsup.

I wonder if Strnadica will get a run? lol
      • Like Like x 2
    15. stowie
      stowie
      I need Darcy Cameron to stop being a myth!
      • Like Like x 1
    16. insider
      insider
      Requesting very early trade advice TS family.

Andrew McGrath being cashed in for Fraser McInnes this week. Question is, do I improve mids or do I improve defense with the second trade. Both trades are dollar driven - i.e. one is to stop losing money and sell high, one is to avoid paying more later and buying low.

Thumbs up: Zak Jones to Jarrod Harbrow - had Jones since the start, he has made you $150k, don't be greedy and expect him to be a defensive keeper. At $470k and averaging about the 8th best defender, Harbrow is a solid and dependable choice whose bye is done.
      Thumbs down: Sam Powell Pepper to Dustin Martin - Despite Powell-Peppers bye being over with, he isn't going to continue to generate cash, whereas Martin likely wont be this cheap for the rest of the year.

Points to note: Bye coverage should be fine either way. Prior to completing any trades, I am comfortable with 5 keepers in defence (if you include Z Jones in that) and 5 mids (6 if you count Dayne Beams but he's a question mark).

Please and thank you for your advice.
      • Dislike Dislike x 4
    17. Bucko
      Bucko
      I'm in the same boat with both Otten and McGrath on the chopping block. Berry in the mids allows me to bring in Mid or Def premo.
      I heard on a particular podcast this morning talk about Harbrow, but there was concern about Steven May coming back in and having an impact on his scoring. I'm not really considering Harbrow, so I haven't looked into it further.

McInnes I did look into pretty heavily, but similar to Harbrow I'm concerned with players coming back from injury ie: Petrie. The Eagles have been playing around with their ruck lineup quite a bit, with Vardy seemingly being no 1, Giles is on the outer and now McInnes has stepped in. I don't think I can go past him if he is named again this week though, especially with his DPP. Fortunately they play Saturday so we will know for sure if he survives.

So, my current (subject to teams) trades are: Otten -> McInnes, McGrath -> Dusty/Pendles (via Berry DPP)
    18. choppers
      choppers
      @insider
      My first bit of advice is to consider Petrie back in probably this week and Lycett probably week after bye. Will this hamper McInnes's JS. I'm not sure.
      My first trade this week was to bring Harbrow in (I needed a RD12 player or Port/Suns player)......then thought about it a bit more and reversed it and brought Rance in, also considered Tuohy. My concern with Harbrow is his reliability, injury wise. He's already missed 3 and never averaged more than 85 in his 9 seasons before this one. And Hanley (not May as mentioned in an earlier post) returns in the NEAFL this week, so will his return to the seniors, curtail Harbrows output. Just some more things to consider.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      He is 4th out of 4 on the depth chart and despite strong NEAFL form his best chance is via a more injuries so he can sneak the 2nd ruck spot. I reckon if he is impressive enough the Swans could trade one of their rucks to another team to strengthen a weakness elsewhere.
    20. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Sandy to Ryder feels like the right trade for me. Can keep Ryder at R1 until Stef Martin has had his bye and then slot him into F6 when bringing Stef in.

It also means I can more easily bring in Lloyd this week if I judge him as the best downgrade option.
      • Like Like x 1