2017 Round Review: Round 9

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 21, 2017.

By walesy on May 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, I broke 2200 this week, for the first time in ages. Still looks under par though!

Big scores from certain captain options looks to have secured big scores all round!

Still will be interesting to see which way I've gone. How'd you all go this week?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 21, 2017.

1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Cunico 123_9k fwd/mid named for the Cats, could be a perfectly timed Rd 13 downgrade.

As the prospectus is very a brief have aby cats fans or vfl watcgers got any guess on how he might go and likely JS in the next month ?
    2. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      I'd imagine he's in while Cockatoo is out for a couple of weeks with a hamstring.
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Apparently they want him to end up being a rebounding defender.
    4. Bucko
      Bucko
      Looking for a mid upgrade this week, disregard what bye round they have, who will score more from here until the end of the season ?

:1: Dusty
      :2: Pendles
      :3: Murphy
      :4: Merret
      :5: Selwood

Quick note on Murphy, take out his round 5 & 6 scores where he had the meniscus issue - his average jumps to 128...
      Last edited: May 25, 2017
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 6
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    5. Owen
    6. insider
      insider
    7. choppers
      choppers
      Stats from his last VFL game against Footscray.

Jordan Cunico – Had 24 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles, 4 inside 50’s and kicked 1.2.
    8. stripey
      stripey
      on that note, what is Greenwood's job security like..... I hadn't heard of him till he smashed out that ton on debut
    9. anthak
      anthak
      He was touted as a potential NBA draftee during his American college hoops career, but didnt get drafted and then was signed by the Perth Wildcats in the NBL. There was still talk of him making the NBA at some point but then he shocked the Aussie basketball world by breaking his NBL contract to sign with the Crows.
      He was apparently one of the top junior footy players in the country before he stopped playing at 15 to focus on basketball.

I dont know much about his JS at crows this year, but it was an excellent debut with a game-high 9 tackles! He kicked 3 goals early when the game was sorta still in the balance.

I hope they give him a good run at it. I would think they would yeah?

It is probably worth waiting a week as there are other rookies on the bubble this week anyway.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Owen
      Owen
      HAHAHA, weird, it worked fine for me! And I'm not a subscriber. So, yeah, weird.

Anyway article synopsis, saints might rest Riewoldt a few times during the year, especially in lead up to finals. So this week (if rumours are true) and maybe another one or two times are a possibility. It's almost enough to wish I had of traded him earlier in the year when he missed a couple of games.
      • Like Like x 2
    11. benny01
      benny01
      He's always been highly regarded by the cats. I think he had a few injuries early on and I hadn't heard much about him after that until now. Whenever he is fit you tend to hear that he's one of our best VFL players. Think he's been close to a debut before but it hasn't happened for him.
      Early on they were saying he was quite skinny and would need to add size.
      Was drafted as a half back flank/utility. Think he's agile/quick and a decent kick.

Can't really say much on scoring potential and job security right now.
      We have a need for speed with most of our quick young players out injured so maybe that's why he's in the side.
      • Like Like x 1