2015 Round Review: Round 2

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 12, 2015.

By walesy on Apr 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

STATS ARE UP! LET THE SERVER HAMMERING COMMENCE!

Your captain knocks up a 142, your other team doesn't crumble in the second half and salutes by two points and you don't need to ask yourself 'What to do with Ablett' due to not owning him.

Sometime this footy caper can give up some good weeks. :)

(Unless of course, you had Ablett as captain and support the Hawks, then you get my sympathies :D)

As the final game rolls to a close, let us know how you've gone! Bench Goodes for Oxley? Get on in time to ditch Cripps? Enjoyed a blinder from Martin after last weeks debacle? Let us know!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 12, 2015.

1. PHIL
      PHIL
      Fair dinkum he looked like he had never played the game before. When forward, Goldstein's body work on him left him a spectator 5 mts away from the play every time. He hasn't played much footy last couple of years and it showed.
    2. Bucko
      Bucko
      I'm in exactly the same boat and considering the same two trades.

My only concern is bonts tying up a midfield spot when he could be forward. Are you thinking of moving bonts into the forward line down the track ?
    3. Bucko
      Bucko
      There's a lot of hype around Bonts and I'm trying not to get too caught up in it. Big test against the Hawks in Tassie this week, but his B/E almost means it's now or never to bring him in. I'm always very cautious of picking premium players from not so good teams (Although doggies have done well so far)

Up: Must get Bonts in this week
      Dn: wait and see how he goes against Hawks and cop the 40-50k price rise if he does well again
    4. DannyG
      DannyG
      Especially, when one of your players is lining up for goal.........haha.
    5. Nick
      Nick
      So are people jumping off Cripps because he's officially injured? Or just slow start and missed a game? I thought he had a sore back but was due back this week?

Does anyone have better mail?

6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      'Lambert, who was subbed out of the game in the third quarter, will miss six to eight weeks with a shoulder injury'

If this is true he could be back around the time that we are looking to complete out teams and could be ideal as a dirt cheap M11/F8 with the bonus of being able to swing between F/M as a Floatign Donut where required

7. Bucko
      Bucko
      I think people are being a bit trigger happy due to Van Berlos good start and the similar price. Is it worth burning a trade though ??
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      if Cripps had scored a ton in Rd1 then missed a game then most people would be keeping him IMO

for me if he misses again or can be upgraded to a premium i can defintely see the value in trading him

sideways to NVB may payoff but i wont just make the trade in order to use a trade. i am sure I will need them more later in the year.
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Well, I guess this is a decision made.

Breaking. I'm hearing Gaz's had a shoulder setback and will be ruled out indefinitely. More @couriermail.com.au-sport and @superfooty
    10. Nick
      Nick
    11. yoss
      yoss
      I was considering exactly that move, but ultimately decided it was too early in the season for moves like that for the sake of a league win. Still lost my league game 2262 to 2279.
    12. jp
      jp
      GAJ out indefinitely now, makes the choice easy.

Bonts to the forward line is a must! Although will wait for a round or two

13. jp
      jp
      of course, that all depends on him getting named this week :)
    14. jp
      jp
      Think I'll hold Cripps.

Carlton look like arse this year so would think that they'll continue to play the young uns. Only a matter of time before cripps finds himself at the coal face
    15. JPK
      JPK
      You never like to see someone injured, but its a shame this didn't happen next week, after he'd already lost the best part of $100k.
    16. Bucko
      Bucko
      Have done the following for now after quote a lot of number crunching.

I figure the two trades this week should be used to get rid of the players that will leak the most cash, and get in the players that will gain the most.

Ablett -> Van Berlo
      Bellchambers -> Bontompelli

Bellchambers just wont cut the mustard sitting in the forward line given the vast premium options. He is only looking at around a $12k increase if he hits his avg, so I think he is the one to go. Have to roll the dice that Goldy and Nic Nat hold up.

Leaves $422k in the kitty for hopefully Cripps -> Sloane next week
    17. Bucko
      Bucko
      Anyone know whats happening with Tom Lamb ? Dropped last week and not even named as EMG. Has me concerned we wont see him again...
    18. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      no game at all last weekend as their Reserves had a week off, I think he could be a chance to be brought back into the 25 at least although the Eagles big win might make that tougher
    19. stripey
      stripey
      not sure mate, i note his WAFL team had the bye on the weekend so he didnt play...
    20. stripey
      stripey
      Currently thinking I will probably move Touk Miller....

TU: Rich will outscore NVB
      TD: NVB

I am also shifting Goodes to Oxley which nets a bit of cash. I would be fielding either Rich or NVB and havent seen either play yet this year so would appreciate peoples thoughts. I not Rich has scored really well in losses while NVB has scored well in emphatic wins.