2017 Round Review: Round 14

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 25, 2017.

By walesy on Jun 25, 2017 at 8:38 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Man oh man, I nearly had a huge week this week, if it wasn't for the Fyfe shaped donut leaving me with a 2306.

No bad at all.

Loved Greenwood coming in for the again-missing Steele. And Danger coming out from his injury cloud to put up a 145 was just delightful.

How'd you all do?

?

How many trades does your SC side have left after Rd 14 ??

Poll closed Jun 29, 2017.
  1. 1 or 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 4

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. 5

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  6. 7

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. 8

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  8. 9

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. 10

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  10. 11

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  11. 12

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 13

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 14

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  14. 15

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 16 or 17

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  16. 18 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 25, 2017.

1. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks man. I finished ranked about 193rd once before, but never been this high. Had a lot of luck. Still a long way to go, so I hope I can keep it going. Only 125 pts from 10th ;)
      • Like Like x 3
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are up.
      • Like Like x 5
    3. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      2249. Would have been my best week if it wasn't for Beams' 12 and Selwood's 3. One blow after another this season!
    4. stripey
      stripey
      2227 saw me drop 89 places....spotfires everywhere to be fixed and not enough trades methinks....
    5. warsaken
      warsaken
      I copped beams in SC but most upset about Ducky costing me in my DT cash draft league. Lost by 12 pts

On a side note.... Tour De France starts next weekend. I've set up a fantasy league for anyone interested.
      http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/tdf-2017.89931/
      • Like Like x 2
    6. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      2368. first (and prob last) decent score all year.
      so far out of contention its not funny.
      Grats to @anthak, tear it up lad.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      Recovered with 2334 winning 7/8 leagues and 5842 overall. The league I lost was really unlucky. Final scores had me winning by one point, but when adjustments came through I lost by one point. :(
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    8. St
      St
      2344 hers so pretty happy. Won 10/10 leagues and missed most of the big outs/injuries apart from Fyfe but that got me Greenwoods score so all good. Murphy, Rocky and Nank dragging the chain and think Nank has to go. Was going to do it this week but held tight with all the carnage. Gawn looked good so still hoping for a close to straight swap from Witts in 2 weeks.
    9. Smarch
      Smarch
      2170, won my league game but copped, Sloan, Laird, Murphy, Heppell & Nank. Danger Captain and Laird being my worst defensive score is not all that bad really, but hope those Mid scores don't continue, they area concern.
      Got enough trades to fix some concerns but not enough if I cop some injuries, way out of contention though so only going for a league win and reach a decent final ranking.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Smarch
      Smarch
      Also, congrats Anthak, keep up the good work, forgot to mention that.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Bucko
      Bucko
      Beams 3-4 weeks with an AC joint.
      Costs $6k to upgrade to Bont.
      Or for those with patience... In 2 weeks J.Selwood will be around the $480k mark... I've got Greenwood for cover, just not sure I can wait.
    12. The Pivotonian
      The Pivotonian
      Playing for league, but posted a solid 2399 and into the top 1,000 overall.
      Sitting second in my league with 11 trades left and only one upgrade to go (assuming I hold the Nank - not a certainty at this stage), so feeling like I'm in a solid position.
      Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
      • Like Like x 4
    13. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Dropping back 1300 positions in 2 weeks.

This is fine

[​IMG]
      • Like Like x 1
    14. bunza52
      bunza52
      Thought I was set for a big one after bring in Zerrett and put the VC on him. Then the Bris vs GWS game started, Zorko disappointing for a change, Shaw disappointing is becoming BAU and Beams should have known to steer clear of Mummy....Buddy disappointing again, if they big guy could kick straight he would be at 120 every week. Nank also stinking up for me, so ended up with only 2204. Got $364k in the bank, so looking at a 1 up 1 down this week, followed by a double up. Guessing a lot will be looking at C Brown, but anyone looking at a different colour? That being Matty White? Does love getting injured but at 198k and M/F, sure is something to consider??
    15. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks bud :) appreciate it...
      Also, @bosco too is in the top100, not much between us at present.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Definitely worth considering. You'll need to consider how you're going with cash and benches etc.

Even with $365k in the bank, you might struggle to do 3 upgrades in the next 2 weeks. Depends who you're cashing in.

And also, do you want someone worth so much to sit on your bench? Fair enough with Scooter I reckon, but even though White had a good game on the weekend, he isn't so reliable. Do you already have someone covering those m/f lines like High Greenwood? If so, someone cheap may be better.

But, if you're doing well with $$ and you think he'll end up a good M9/F7, then go for it, he could be an excellent choice.
    17. Owen
      Owen
      I think if you're thinking Matty White, you've got to consider his JS. Whilst he had a good game against the pies, the Power were missing Polec and Broadbent. With white being a late replacement for Broadbent. Both Broadbent and Polec would be in the best 22 I would imagine.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Trading time. Gonna boost my defence and replace Beams in the midfield.

Looking at Laird or Roberton in the defence.

Which mid do people think will score higher from here on?
      1 - Bont
      2 - Sloane
      3 - Neale
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 6
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 4
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I am hoping its option 3 because i picked Neale over Bont last week ;)
    20. bunza52
      bunza52
      Good point, i did not consider Ports injury list, so looks like ill will not be pushing brown out over white.