ORFFA ROUND 11 REVIEW

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Courtesy of @JC

Round 11 Review – Winter Solstice Round

I’ll celebrate the shortest day of the year with my shortest review of the year.

Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1049 def Lovely Banks Lilacs 701

Bandit’s attempts to tank were once again thwarted, this time by Len’s inability to pick a decent team for someone else in 3 minutes or less. Honestly, Len, what were you thinking? And Bandit, if you want to tank successfully you should probably trade Zerrett (141) and the Bont (139) – preferably to me.

Whitsunday Warriors 1185 def Wineglass Bay Packers 1016
    Still no ruck for TIB but the Warriors forwards had a day out as Patton (156), Cameron (133) and Lambert (117) made sure it was a tough day at the office for the Packers. Billy Stretch (109) was one of the few highlights for the Packers.

Foul Bay Chickens 1105 def by Gundagai Grasshoppers 1282
    Selwood’s early departure and epic score of 3 may well have made ChiefRussell weep as Mills (104), Cripps (134), Billings (130), Stringer (118) and the rest of Snoz’s upstarts were too good for the Foul Bay Dangerfields – well it wasn’t quite a lone hand from Danger (145), but it was close.

Iron Knob Codpieces 1357 def Nunawading Nuffers 977
    An easy day out for the Codpieces. Gray (146), Burgoyne (123) and friends were obviously in no mood to take it easy on the undermanned Nuffers. JPK (127) and Wood (106) battled manfully but playing two down against an in form Iron Knob was always going to be a big ask.

Darraweit Guim Dirrigibles 1190 def by Venus Bay Vultures 1451
    Another week, another 1400+ plus for the Vultures – and that’s despite Beams putting in little more than a cameo. Rance (115) defended the onslaught as best as he could for the Blimps, but even he couldn’t stop a lazy five Vultures from knocking out 120+.

Marble Bar Misfits 1089 def Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 917
    The highlight of this one was in the pre-game when That KI Guy, fresh from the Clayton Oliver School of Unlikely Explanations, tried to convince us that he was even remotely concerned about being able to field a full complement of 15. Lol. Oh yeah - Ward (116) and Whitfield (111) were the Misfits best while Weller (114) clearly isn’t on board with the message from the Lefties coach.

Gariwerd Cockatoos 1246 def by Birdsville Battlers 1256
    I wasn’t watching the scores but I suspect Ant and his Cockatoos were done in by Tom McDonald’s game winner. CD’s propensity for scaling the living shite out such events would easily account for the 10 point margin I imagine. Tommy Mac (139) was the main man for Birdsville while Greenwood (127) looks like being a great pick up for the Cockies.

Wagga Wagga Wombats 1214 def by Mount Beauty Uglies 1267
    The Uglies did just enough to get past the Wombats and sneak into the 8. The Wombats got plenty from Shiel (143) & co in the midfield but Bama’s boys were just a little better across the board, led by Viney (127), Sidebottom (125) and Dusty (121). I’m sure the return of big Maxy in the ruck was a sight for sore eyes as well.

Cradle Mountain Devils 1173 def by Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles 1332
    A down day for the Devils as the Incorrigibles continued on their merry way to sit equal top at 10-1. Menegola (123) & McGovern (119) were the standouts but Graeme’s boys gave him an even contribution. Disappointing days from Zorko (51) and Heppell (54) put paid to the Devil’s chances.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Love your work @JC

TheBont™ and Zerrett™ are both certainly up for negotiation if you have enough body parts and quality players to convince me to hand them over :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Was thinking more along the lines of a balaclava and a sawn off shottie Banditto; an approach you are probably familiar with. Alternatively, how about a conviction for the use of ™ without owning the trademark - the sort of approach they used to convict that well known former bandit Al Capone.

Top work JC, brief and focussed.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I am more the Toby Mitchell (Titch's unspoken cousin) type than Al Capone my friend, so the sawn off shottie is a better fit

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Great work @JC
    Rest assured our acting skills are far more contrived and transparent than most Demon midfielders.
    That said, 900s are almost on the verge of threatening when compared to the putrid 700s of weeks gone by.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Nice.

Tracey was very unlucky. No ruck and the mids barely passed wind.

• Like Like x 2
  7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Good writeup and good win JC.
    So close, it was definitely the late game heroics of McDonald that got the Battlers over the line. What a game!

• Like Like x 1