2017 Round Review: Round 15

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 2, 2017.

By walesy on Jul 2, 2017 at 5:35 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Big win for Captain Danger this week.

Small loss for those of us that benched Nank for the Greenwood score

Huge loss for those who held onto Sandilands.

Where did you rate this week?

?

What score did your SC team achieve in Round 15 ??

Poll closed Jul 6, 2017.
  1. 2100 or below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2101 to 2150

2.6%
  3. 2151 to 2200

10.5%
  4. 2201 to 2250

2.6%
  5. 2251 to 2300

21.1%
  6. 2301 to 2350

23.7%
  7. 2351 to 2400

21.1%
  8. 2401 to 2450

15.8%
  9. 2451 to 2500

2.6%
  10. 2501 or above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. bosco
      bosco
      Nice work @anthak ....that's fantastic!!!

I managed to move up 36 spots to 57. Pretty chuffed with that. Never been so high and excited just to be thereabouts.
      • Like Like x 10
    2. anthak
      anthak
      Good one mate, congrats so far. Hope we can keep it going :)
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Not sure mate, still about 600 points from 1st which is tough to make up, but only 80 pts from 10th now :cool:
      • Like Like x 3
    4. Len
      Len
      Awesome work mate
      • Like Like x 3
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Gawn dropped about $15k more than expected, and Witts didn't go up by about $5k as much as expected. So I've got just enough for the trade, thanks for the heads up TTH.
      Anyway, I've turned my attention to a different trade option this week now, still considering it all.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Mick
      Mick
      2426 was good for 8/8 league wins and moved me up a huge 92 spots into #200 overall! At this rate I'll win it easily haha.

But seriously, you & @bosco are real chances this year! Go you good TS warriors!! ;)

If Pendles and Adams produced scores even close to what we expected today it would've been 2500+ but I guess most up top would own those 2.

I've been fairly tight lipped about my POD's so far because I wanted to keep them that way but it's probably now safe to reveal one - I made the genius move of S Selwood -> R Gray last week for his immaculately timed BOG 146! The SC gods then swiftly dealt me his massive 45 this week to even the score. I don't think many (if any) will be too keen to jump on board with me to ride the Robbie Gray roller coaster now! I still think he'll provide some big scores on the run home though.

Gonna be an exciting finish to the season!
      • Like Like x 6
    7. Mick
      Mick
      He's clearly injured / very sore / lacking confidence in the stability of his shoulder. Rocky at his best is a ferocious ball hunting and tackling beast. He's been a shadow of that for the last month.

I've been a regular Rocky owner in previous seasons but have stayed away this year. I was at the game today and he just doesn't look right.

I'm amazed you've been holding him this whole time and your still steadily moving up at the pointy end of the rankings.

I'm assuming you started the year with him? Or did you get him in just after his bye?

Either way, if you'd ditched him as soon as he busted his shoulder or grabbed another premium mid over Rocky you'd be right there mate!

Your call but I'd cut my losses now and flick him for whichever mid you don't have that you think will finish off the season the best.

Cheers
      • Like Like x 1
    8. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      I jumped on Robbie too, was thinking how awesome to get him so cheap and now 190 over 2...rats. What's with pricing this round? Gawn, rocky, sloane and co all dropped by a sh!t ton more than expected?? But Robbie went up to the dollar. Joel selwood will be tasty in a few weeks if there has been a late change to the magic number.
    9. Mick
      Mick
      Haha. Shows you how underpriced he was relative to the scores he was pumping out when he can drop a 45 bomb and stil go up in price!

Robbie was my best scoring player last week and my worst this week = Definition of a roller coaster!

Despite Port naming him on the ball the last few weeks he's playing as an undersized FF this season so I'm expecting much more of the same.

Started the season with Joel so his early KO score and late out this week has been a massive disadvantage to me
    10. anthak
      anthak
      I actually brought him in in the leadup to round 5, when he was almost his most expensive all season at $626k.
      He scored a 100 on debut for me and then had the two 140s but got injured and i decided to hold him.

Im inclined to continue to hold him. He is a POD for me at present and if he goes back to scoring 140s and 170s that would be a big advantage for me. His ceiling is too high to consider dropping him i reckon.

Thanks for the insights though.

I plan to bring in Ducky in a couple of weeks so maybe Rocky could be the one to use for that. At this stage it'll be Scooter unless i have bigger issues at that time (like Rocky haha)
    11. anthak
      anthak
      I think its just that too many players needed to go up more than expected and the $$ had to come from somewhere.
    12. walesy
      walesy
      stats are up

gogogo ant! :D
      • Like Like x 4
    13. RPritch
      RPritch
      As a very happy and quite biased Richmond supporter, I must say that Gray played against the best back six in the league. Grimes has now demolished Betts, Garlett and Gray, as well as doing some other decent jobs. Expect Gray to bounce back vs West Coast and North over the next two weeks
      • Like Like x 1
    14. IPOD
      IPOD
      Well 2451 for me with 2/2 league wins and weekly top score in my league. Had a little bit of luck in who i fielded this week or how i managed to field them. Moved Strnadica (who became my Capt after VC Danger tore up 196) on field while GC game was happening as Lynch was tearing it up so i got his 126 forced me to move Ryder to the rucks. With that Ryder scores 125 and i have a toss up whether on the Sunday to play Sandi or Grundy....i play Grundy and its happy days especially that i won by 53 and Sandi would have cost me the win and the 2400+
      • Like Like x 4
    15. anthak
      anthak
      Well played.
      Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    16. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Awesome mate!
      • Like Like x 1
    17. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      2200 this week and dropped 1498 places to 7340 overall. Lucky to avoid more heartache as I swapped Sandi for Martin. Won 6/8 leagues which is OK with such a low score.
    18. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Forgot I was loopholing Tom Lynch so lost 67 points on the bench and a chance to score over 2400. Bugger!
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
    20. Len
      Len
      Very
      Very likely he plays for us this year, our injury list just wont quit..
      • Like Like x 1