NBA finals round two

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Mar 14, 2015.

By Steve on Mar 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

The grand finalists in each league have now been determined. Please join us over the break for the review of week 2 of the finals.

Premier League

Team Stowie 1840 defeated TS Heaver 1414

Games played were 46-45 in favour of Stowie

The Cinderalla run continues for Stowie. Since being promoted from Div One last year he has taken all before him and has now reached the grand final after getting the win over Heaver. Stowie had 10 players crack the ton this round and Oladipo led the charge with (216/3), next best were the Beard (216/4) and Tyreke (180/4). For Heaver, it was another consistent season but his team was hit hard by injuries towards the end. The leading scorers for Heaver were DeRozan (200/4), followed by Gallinari (162/4) and Horford (141/3).

Ruddy's Cavaliers 1720 defeated King of Karlos 1474

Games played were 47-43 in favour of Karlos

Ruddy has once again made it to the grand final which is a great effort. He was too good in this matchup against Karlos and will now take on Stowie for the championship. The best players for Ruddy this round were Westbrook (302/4), Gay (211/4) and Favors (170/4). Karlos started off slow this season but came home strong . The leading scorers for Karlos were CP3 (203/3), Leonard (164/3) and Hayward (184/4).

Walesy and Jet both won their minor round finals. They will go up against each other this week and the winner will stay in the Premier League and the loser will be relegated.

Fez has now joined Owen on the relegation list.

Division One
    Hall of Famers - 1604 def Biggest Losers - 1429

Top Scorers: FAME - S Curry -212, BL - K Love - 179
    Games Played: FAME - 44, BL - 51

The very balanced performance of the Famers was too much for the Losers this week, with the Famers progressing to the Finals. With 9 players scoring over 100 points for the week the Famers just had too many options. GM Brett T has done a great job progressing from Div 2 last year to Div 1, and with promotion to the Premier League next season already guaranteed he will be looking to add a championship trophy to his wall of accolades. After an indifferent season GM Pearce was happy to make the semi-finals and will be hoping to make the next step next season.

The Real MVP - 1842 def Ant Hak - 1262

Top Scorers: L6 - A Davis - 244, AH - C Paul - 203
    Games Played: L6 - 42, AH - 44

The Brow (and every other player for that matter) was just too good in this game, with the Real MVP smashing Ant Hak by a mammoth 580 points! This was by far the biggest upset of the season (closely followed by the game when CK Nicks had their surprise win over the Losers) and would be a disappointing end to the season for GM Hack. But on a brighter note Ant Hak have been promoted to the Premier League for next season. If The Real MVP can beat the Hall of Famers in the Championship game they too will be promoted. It's going to be an epic game between two great teams.

There were two other games of interest in the consolation finals involving the two teams (CK Nicks and Adelaide Maggots) who could avoid relegation if they kept their winning streak alive. They were:

CK Nicks - 1743 def Jasmines Mob - 1435

The Nicks continue to win and will stay in Div 1 if they can beat Broady Broncos in week 3 of the playoffs.
    Broady Broncos - 1507 def Adelaide Maggots - 1324

The Maggots go down and unfortunately will be relegated to Div 2 next season.

Divison Two

Two relatively straight forward semi finals leaves the top 2 seeds fighting outh the Div 2 Grand Final. After last weeks upset, #6 Travys Boys hoped to achieve the same feat against #2 Wafty Boxes. Wafty has been smashed by injury and was definitely vulnerable. Fortunately for Wafty Marc Gasol 178/4 and Tony Parker 155/3 were able to step up. Kris Middleton 141/3 and LaMarcus Aldridge 104/3 were the only players to crack the ton for Travy and his boys.

The other semi final was higher scoring but still a relatively comfortable win for number 1 seed Nahla Vs Lil Dee. The Brow 244/4 returned and led the way ably assisted by Draymond Green 220/4 and Ty Lawson 175/4. XYZ ElBonz as always tried hard but Harden 216/4 and Mo Williams 204/4 were just no match.

The Grand Final match up will now be between the number 1 and 2 seeds although Wafty did have the 3rd best record for the season. Anthony Davis will be key to NVLDs success whereas Wafty needs to hope for KD and/or Griffin to return from injury asap. If they don't come back then some sort of prayer and sacrifice of small animals to several gods may be appropriate.

Consolation finals

#5 Nettin Blatche 1863 d #3 Paky Ballers 1236

#7 Enter Team Name Here 1453 d #10 Cyril33s Crushers 1323

#8 Peg's Men Lethal 1401 d 12 Doobia Dominators 1237

#9 Smokinjoe Misiti 1370 d #11 Laino's Nuggets 1049

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Steve
      Steve
      Good luck to all the grand finalists

It has been great watching the college games today. So many close finishes

2. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      He is going to do it Crossy - CK Nicks is going to remain in Div 1!!! Cant wait for next season already!
      Well done L6 (and Steve), sensational win in Div 1 mate!
    3. headmandude
      headmandude
      Congrats in advance to Nahla Vs Lil Dee in Div 2 on his comprehensive victory over me. I just couldn't compete with no Durant, Griffin and a few others getting rested at just the wrong time. All in all, having the league MVP - Mr Monobrow put you in the best position to have the best record and ultimitely, win the Championship. Well done!

On a side note, if you had to draft today and there would be no injuries, who would be your top 5?

Mine would be:
      1. A Davis
      2. Durant
      3 Harden
      4. LBJ
      5 Westbrook

Obviously leaving out top players like Curry who have been nothing short of exceptional all season. And would Westbrook pump out the numbers with KD next to him.
      Anyone else got thoughts?
    4. Steve
      Steve
      I must admit it is pretty easy when you have Monobrow in your team. You can just sit back and enjoy the ride!

I am sure L6 will be stoked with the news that he moves up to Premier League next season.

Congrats on a good season BGT, good to see you move up as well.
    5. Steve
      Steve
      I reckon Durant could fall a few places next year.

Will be intersesting to see where Gobert ends up in the draft. I am thinking top 20 based on what he has done this season.

6. bgt2110
      bgt2110
      Well done to L6 for winning div 1, i look like scoring around 1650 but was no match for his 1800 + score. A well deserved win.

Thanks everyone for a really enjoyable season.

I would have Curry top 5 but having him this season has been a touch frustrating because the Warriors more often than not are blowing the opposition away and his 40 point half would result in a 60 score after he wasn't needed late in the game.

7. stowie
      stowie
      So The Brow won in Div 1 and 2?

Thanks to Ruddy for a top finals matchup, both of us copped our share of rested players, but I was lucky in the end with Kyrie turning it on over the last few.
    8. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Wow! Wasnt expecting that from AD on the final day... he could of at least scored me a QD to finish the season!

Thanks Steve for taking the reigns over the last two weeks.

Bad luck Ant and HoF, both your teams were super strong all season and I guess due to a few lucky trades my team peaked at the right time.

And thanks to all that competed in Div 1 this season. The banter and competitiveness has made this season thoroughly enjoyable. Best of luck next season lads
    9. Steve
      Steve
      Congrats on winning the Premier League

Great effort after your promotion from Div One last season.
    10. Steve
      Steve
      Congrats L6.

I did not have to do much. Just a few little moves here and there but overall your team was very strong.

11. Ruddy
      Ruddy
      Congrats mate! Your team was far better over the year, and it was a well deserved win.

I knew i was in a bit of trouble with Westbrook coming back to earth :p
    12. crossy
      crossy
      Congrats on your huge win mate! Talk about peaking at the right time! Steam rolled everyone in the finals! Good to have ck nicks live another day in div 1 too ha ha! Also very happy to have Rudy the Jazz man as a free agent pickup in my keeper league :)
    13. crossy
      crossy
      Ha ha can't wait for the awesome rematch next year between you two pearcey! The question is, who has terrence jones? Ha ha
    14. anthak
      anthak
      congrats to the winners :)
      Thanks for a great season everyone
    15. yumcha
      yumcha
      well done everyone on a great season.
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Also, we still need 8 more for our super coach league.
      TS NBA crew, league code:,765490
    17. costak
      costak
      Hi Pearcey how you going bud :)
    18. stowie
      stowie
      Yeah, only one triple double this past week for Westy was disappointing haha
    19. crossy