2017 Round Review: Round 17

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 16, 2017.

By walesy on Jul 16, 2017 at 5:09 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Another week of coasting into the finals, and another week of living vicariously thorough Ant!

Think I'll be coasting for a good few more weeks though. Gunna sit on the trades I've got to go hard at the finals.

Ant, hope you're climbing against this week mate! :D

• Like Like x 2
?

What score did your SC team achieve in Round 17 ??

Poll closed Jul 20, 2017.
  1. 2150 or below

6.9%
  2. 2151 to 2200

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2201 to 2250

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2251 to 2300

24.1%
  5. 2301 to 2350

41.4%
  6. 2351 to 2400

6.9%
  7. 2401 to 2450

13.8%
  8. 2451 to 2500

6.9%
  9. 2501 or above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Mick
      Mick
      2276 for me in a nasty week that saw me still win 6/8 leagues but slide back 64 spots to #232. The beginning of a slow descent I think.

Aggressive trading is catching up with me now as was always the risk. Got to deal with Pendles now (unless I run with Greenwood at M8 :confused:) which leaves me super thin in the trade department.

Witts -> Gawn is looking like one of my worst trades of the year at this stage! It was supposed to be an upgrade FFS but has cost me 58 points in the first 2 weeks :mad: Note to self that I'll probably ignore in future seasons - Don't "fix" what ain't broken!...
      My killer Ruck combo of Gawn and Goldstein combined for 119 points this week - that's right - combined! :spew:

Had a similar thing happen to you guys when I loopholed Tom Lynch's :poop: on the bench but it still found it's way back on to the park in Yeo's absence. That pretty much summed up my round
      • Like Like x 3
    2. bosco
      bosco
      Hey @Mick thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully your slip is a 1 off as I hope mine is. I dunno how aggressive your aggressive trading has been but, similarly, I have what I consider not many trades left (4 now). Getting the urge to trade more than I can afford to every week and just having to sit on my hands. Bad luck about the witts -> gawn trade. I held back on that 1 cause of scarcity of trades but it was a pretty logical move. Hopefully a turn for the better this week for you (and me). Good luck!
    3. Bucko
      Bucko
      $220k in the bank and 6 trades. I want the creme dela creme !
      Pendles to:
      :1: Ablett
      :2: Dusty
      :3: Mitchell
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 6
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Interesting that Pendles might only be out 1 week...
      • Like Like x 1
    5. shaggs
      shaggs
      Thanks for welcome people, and thanks anthak , watching with interest good luck and well done in moving up ,keep it going.
      • Like Like x 3
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      Nice work again @anthak, love seeing you climb the ladder!
      2350 for me. Can not believe what Zorko dished up, but based on recent history, looks like he will bang out two big tuns, before throwing in another 50 in 3 weeks....my excel spreadsheet say that I could trade Berry to Titch last week, but found out that I was 5k short...was looking at Ducky, but his BE was too high, so put Berry on the field over Witherden (as I had Witherden over Berry last week), so a few points missed there. Can get any mid with one trade (apart from Gaz, Gibbs and Kelly). Ducky is super cheap, Fyfe looks to have found form again, so options a plenty. It is also shaping up like a super exciting round, with Danger, Pendles, Sloane all out, potentially Ryder, so hopefully Ant you have plenty of depth in your mid and the guys above you are very low on trades, could see you shoot up a bit more this week
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate. A lot will depend on teams being named. Im sweating on Yeo actually, if he doesnt play I'll have far less options available.
      Also good that Geelong play Friday night so we'll know for sure if Danger is in or out fairly early.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. TheTassieHawk
    9. JPK
      JPK
    10. bunza52
      bunza52
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    11. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Both Danger and Pendles potentially out. Going to be tough to preserve trades this week, and with only two trades left I may think I'm going to have to wear both on the chin unfortunately.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Hopefully they're both 1-weekers for you
    13. drlok
      drlok
      @ Anthak - Of Course I'm playing you in our final match of the year to see if I can make top 4 in our league :duck::(
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Anything can happen mate, should be a good game
      • Like Like x 1