2018 Completed Trades

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by insider, Sep 3, 2017.

1. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

confirmed in what will be known as the 'hyphen exchange'

a win win trade imo

• Like Like x 2
  2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I finally found the trade where 76 went to Staghorn Fl. it just wasn't updated in the OP.

3. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Updated trade details;
    Serengeti send Pittard + PSD pick 17 + PSD pick 90 to Gisborne
    in exchange for
    Christensen + PSD pick 12 + PSD pick 22

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Always keen to give aging players a final crack, King Island have offered a lifeline to veteran Bernie Vince. Ararat have rewarded Bernie's loyal service by facilitating the move in return for a late pick.

Ararat send Vince to King Island for PSD#82

• Like Like x 1
  5. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

A trade has been done to cater for the lack of high quality mids at Pearcedale, and to build up the defence of Serengeti.

Pearcedale has sent Kade Kolodjashnij and pick 8 to Serengeti for Josh P Kennedy and pick 29.

@wrightbrendan to confirm

• Like Like x 3
  6. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

good to see a flurry of trades late in the piece, @wrightbrendan has made some significant moves and he is now the one to watch this season again

7. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Confirmed

Apologies for the delay in replying to any trade offers so far tonight, was at the Victory game. Back online for any offers now!

8. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

In some last minute juggling King Island send Dunkley + PSD#28 to Korumburra for Goddard, Picken, Fisher + PSD#48

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Confirmed

10. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Veto.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

I think it's worth noting that Fisher and Picken were due to be delisted and had received not one single bid when put up for auction

• Like Like x 1
  12. choppers

That has a lot to do with the timing of the Auction, as most coaches had reduced their squad to 24 and to bring in another player would mean de-listing one that wasn't in their original thoughts to de-list. Hence no bids....and no -one else knew they were to be de-listed...sorry but it doesn't wash with me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. choppers

I agree with YAD, it's an unfair trade, but I have never vetoed a trade and I won't start now...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

No need to bang on the cage @Tylo

These “gentlemen” regularly attempt to veto my trades. Even if it’s weighted towards the other team! Laughable

15. choppers

And it's too late for me right now to go checking rules about vetoes, but this just might put the PSD back a bit...

16. choppers

I don't know if I'm one of the "gentlemen" you refer to, but I have never attempted to veto one of your trades. And as far as I'm concerned, this trade is not in the spirit that I thought ORFFU was about........but I'm not even going to concern myself with it, I'm going to head back outside and try and enjoy my time with family..
    Happy New Year..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

As a family man myself, I find it particularly insulting that you insinuate that I’m interfering with your family life @choppers - by trading and delisting up until the deadline which you have set!

Here’s a crazy idea - if these time frames and rules that we are all working within - that you guys have decided upon, aren’t working for you - then change them! eg. set the delistment cut off at 7pm AEST it that suits you better.

Or is it possible that you just like to bitch and moan!? I thought we set up a specific thread for that?...

On top of all that, as @Tylo pointed out - I was waiting for him and he was waiting for someone else before the last trade was finalised.

No rules have been broken here. Just a couple of coaches agreeing on a trade that they think will improve their teams.

18. choppers

I'm not bitching and moaning. In my opinion it's an unfair trade but I won't veto it cause that's not what I do. However others might.
    And as far as changing the times, it wouldn't matter if it was 7pm 1pm 6am, you'd still wait til the very last minute to do anything, as you have already stated "I’m a last minute kinda guy"

And if you're insulted that I'd prefer to spend time with my family, that wasn't my intention, but if you are, then that's your problem, not mine.

So maybe we just need to agree to disagree.....

19. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

That Mick still needed to de-list 4 players was information that was available to everyone. It doesn't take much to put 2 and 2 together and assume the players he's offered for auction are a chance to be cut.

You're right it was awkward to bring them in so late, I had no intentions 3 hours ago of delisting either Menadue or Rosa (who I would think are fairly comparable players to Fisher and Picken). Logically I can only deduce that most, if not all, other coaches decided they didn't have room in their squads for these guys. When Fisher was offered up with pick 42, no coach with a pick in the 30s decided it was worth dropping back a few spots to get him. Even the coach who had 41, whoever that is, wasn't prepared to drop 1 spot to get him. Likewise with Picken. If a coach is forced to cut players surely he has a right to get something for them rather than let them go for nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

I believe it’s only 48 hours from first veto to get (or not get) the 5 required votes to nullify, so I don’t think that should delay things? Up to you and jpk though mate.

(e) Teams will have roughly 48 hours to veto a trade proposed