2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Senator96
      Senator96
      Thanks for kicking things off!

Plenty of nice picks there and a few interesting ones. Not sure on savage he's been around a while now and has never looked like being up there in the elite imho. And he's not really a cheapie either. Is there better options for the money? Zorko copped the odd tag last year and he seemed to struggle with it a bit like Sloane and based on that I could see him getting more this year.

Ive had martin in the ruck before year before last I think it was and it was awful. Scores really well solo but when he does that time share thing hes lucky to get a 50. Are you wanting to take the risk that they wont play him and smith in the same team? Ive toyed with the idea of not picking Dangerfield as going a coniglio instead frees up about 300k which can be used to upgrade other positions. I haven't decided on my 2nd ruck yet. Ryders bye put me off but with Cameron likely to play every week now Naismith is out for the year brings him back into the picture
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Len
      Len
      Interesting side mate, I wouldn't do Savage myself, always seems to be going to get better one too many times for me.
      Finlayson keep an eye on, that spot isn't his by a long shot, though he is in the frame for it, Cumming and Keefe at a minimum also up for it along with HH and Mohr to a lesser extent, then Buntine gets back and comes straight in, probably before he has made you any money. Backline for the giants is a hot mess.
      Assuming Andrew not Angus of the Brayshaws the mids have a similar look to mine though I don't think I can shell out for Dusty, knowing if I don't it will probably cost me anyway :confused:
      My ruck line looks the same though I am carrying PAddy through the bye instead of Martin.
      The fwd line looks like you ran out of cash or just decided to roll a buttload of dice. I like Smith and Petracca and can see value in the Christiansen pick (he has probably burnt me too many time to go there but I am tempted) but I don't have a single one of the rookies so one of us likely to be dissapointed, I nominate you :p
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Len
      Len
      This is the structure I want and most of the premiums are locked in, rookies are preferred options but standard caveat there.
      upload_2018-3-9_15-5-58.png
      upload_2018-3-9_15-7-5.png
    4. warsaken
      warsaken
      I think Cameron may be one of the most picked now. Will probably increase Ryders numbers now too.
      Will age weary Simpson? I don't subscribe to the fact the he will get more of Docherty's pie, will probably get closer attention from opposing teams. Fyfe/Cripps/Coniglio i like (see below ;))

Here is about my 5th iteration...

upload_2018-3-9_19-49-15.png
      • Like Like x 1
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Does anyone have current ownership %s and want to share them ?

It would be interesting to see how the numbers look down to 5% in each position - last season as a non SC Gold subscriber I could see them until Round 1 locked out but this year I can't
    6. Len
      Len
      It appears they've made changes to their interface to prevernt C&P, I can see them but I can't copy them and I'm not typing them. Happy to provide any you are curious on though mate
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Len
      Len
      Very similar setup to mine, I think Marchbank gets some of the new points in the blues backline, thus the MP there.
      I wish /i had the confience to run with Christiansen, we shall see, Barlow is iinteresting and likely to be very popular
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1
    8. Penske file
      Penske file
    9. Penske file
      Penske file
      Actually I don't mind this team at all, a nice spread of possibilities. I applaud your originality. Lambert, Savage and Walters are starting to bob up in a few sides, Heeney is losing ground, whether he is still not 100% I don't know, I have been looking at other options even considered Papley.
    10. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Thanks for the feedback Senator,
      yeah i've had Savage in my side for a while as a pod but his JLT form has probably killed his PODish nature. He's a risk, and as you allude, not a cheap one. Has a reasonable formline and has been playing that role for a couple of years now and seems that will continue. Top six defenders look to be a wide field this year with Doc and Williams out of the picture. I'm sure Laird and Hurley will be up there but how many $500k+ defs do you start with?
      Zorko another POD that i'm prepared to gamble on with a fit Robbo, Bundy and Beams to take some heat. Could be a make or break pick.
      The ruck line is still a head scratcher. I'm tempted by Ryder and have had him in and out a fair bit. Will Cameron play every week or at least be there for cover in round 10? Not convinced.
      Is a pricey R3 like Lycett/Simpson worth the coin to give some cover and make maybe $100K? Maybe.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. walesy
      walesy
      I'm finding the forward line to be the hardest! I've got Heeney there at the moment, but mostly cause I can't figure any better options up there
      • Like Like x 2
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      My Forward shortlist at the moment is Heeney, Gray, Billings, Barlow, Smith, McClean, Curnow, Petracca, Sicily (def), Christensen (mid-price).

All the rookies look like they're going to be in the forward line too. So tough, may go 3-1-4 or 3-0-5 structure depending.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Senator96
      Senator96
      Structure wise I'm thinking of gambling and only going in with just 2 premium defenders this year (Laird and Yeo) the reason for this is there appear to be much better rookie options down back than up forward from what I can see and that's the line the early season upgrades will come. I was going to load up more in the midfield as well but there are also good rookie options in there so will probably do a 5/5 split there plus Armitage as the midpricer. At this stage I have filled the forward line with 6 premiums ands that's assuming petracca and devon smith get to that level. I am tired of the rollercoaster that the key forwards like buddy and kennedy provide so am just going to stick with the mid/fwd options like heeney and billings.

Is it too risky to go for premiums like rockliff and beams given they haven't played a jlt game? Or at least as far as I know they haven't. I believe they are both right for round 1 and may have been around long enough to just turn it on once the season proper rolls around.
    14. Len
      Len
      Risk vs reward I guess mate, I am staying away from both at themoment on the basis that given thechoice between a fit and an unfit player I'll go the fit one everytime, they can't be matchfit or would have played.
    15. Penske file
      Penske file
    16. Penske file
      Penske file
      This looks almost identical to my short list, however I think champagne Charlie might now be for the jump and
      sicily is just a tease, liking Mclean tho.
    17. anthak
      anthak
      Nice team
      I love the selection of Lambert. I’ve been considering him all preseason but not sure I can pick him.
      You’ve gone a lot of risky selections which may pay off but may not.
      I reckon Savage is looking good.
      Main problem I see in this team is that you don’t have Dangerfield. I’d prob downgrade a midpricer like Petracca and upgrade Brayshaw to Danger - I haven’t worked out if you’ll have enough $ but you’ll be close I think.
    18. JC
      JC
      The only reason Beams isn't playing today is that his father passed away recently.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Len
      Len
      Cheers mate, I haven't read much news for a few weeks, saw he wasn't playing and assumed he was injured again. He's a solid choice when fit, but has only played 21 games twice in 9 years so still has risk.
      Last edited: Mar 11, 2018