2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. JC
      JC
      Yeah, I won't be starting with him.
    2. JC
      JC
      I think I only got the heat maps last year after I bought the Live Pass? That was regular season though - I struggle to remember back to last year's preseason!
    3. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Wow, now he becomes a POD! I think if you're not selecting him you'd have to have Titch and Dusty. I don't think there's any other prems that are close.

Nice of Bundy and Hanley to lock themselves into my team today.
    4. anthak
      anthak
      I currently have all 3!
      Not sure what to do with Danger now. I think I’ll prep 2 potential starting teams and keep an eye on news about Danger. The injury might not be anything worth worrying about, but it could be. Even if he started round 1 not fully fit, it could be a chance for his price to drop... there might be too many question marks about him now to start him.
    5. Penske file
      Penske file
      Is Bundy Christensen ?
      • Like Like x 1
    6. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      Was thinking the same thing lol
    7. Jason
      Jason
      As in Bundy and Coke. With the latter not being the liquid version.
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Thanks for starting the thread this year. :thumbsu:
      My 2 cents on your team:
      You have almost half a player worth of cash in hand. Seems a lot.
      Mid-heavy structure is the way to go for me also this year.
      Your non-rookie FWD and DEF players look dodgy to me. I'm not going anywhere near the 4 DEFs that you have chosen and I only like Petracca of your FWD choices. Not that there are a whole lot of "pick-me" FWD or DEF options this year though.

Should I be concerned that none of the 3 GWS players in my team are in yours? :eek:
      We appear to have settled on very similar structures although I have an extra DEF rookie and you have an extra MID rookie.
      I think Marchbank will be a tease and although tempted, will be resisting selecting him to start.
      Are you sure you want to spend all that money on DEF players? I find it hard to see upside in your first 4 choices and Angus Brayshaw might be a slow burn this year.
      Other lines seem pretty good, with exception of Barlow at F2. Don't like that choice much.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Here's my current lineup:
      Capture.JPG
      Might end up downgrading LDU if a cheaper MID option presents between now and R1. Cripps might then become Bontempelli. Currently happy enough with Cripps though, despite my inherent red-white-and-blue bias.
    10. Len
      Len
      Finlayson is definitely ahead of Cumming at the moment, and whilst neither will play 22 Finlayson will play more all things being equal (and is in my rejigged squad).
      Keeffe has to play well enough to keep a returning Buntine out (as early as R3), possible but risky.
      Whifield looks like a great choice, and a very good chance to blow through 110, if I didn't have JKelly and Cogs I'd have him.
      Neale is a great POD at 2.7% ownership.
      As you say a very similar structure to mine, so I like a lot more about it than dislike :)
      • Like Like x 1
    11. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Players that would be handy are the 24 sub $203kers that played 2 JLT games and averaged 49 or better
      DEF - T Doedee, L Murphy, N Coffield, J Finlayson, A Naughton, Z Guthrie, T Cole
      MID - H Clark, A Brayshaw, B Banfield, D Barry, W Brodie, N Holman, N Shipley, C Constable, T Kelly
      FWD - D Fogarty, C Rayner, J Stephenson, L Keeffe, Z Langdon, B Fritsch, G Miers, J Waterman

Also it would be worth adding a few of the cheaper rucks - D Cameron, T English, M Pittonet and any likely to play Round 1 high draft picks and mature agers like Dow, LDU, O'Shea, S Murray and L Ryan.

Cheers TTH
      • Like Like x 3
    12. anthak
      anthak
      I personally don’t mind the idea of starting with a bit of cash in reserve.

Even though I suggested that you spend your $ on Danger, @That KI Guy , I started last season with about $200k in the bank, and I’d ideally like to do it again this year.

Last year it worked really well because it opened up so many more options for my early season trades. I’d spent it all by round 5 or so, by bringing in Taylor Adams and Tom Rockliff early. It was good to be able to jump on the good performers early without stuffing my starting team too much.

I think having the extra rookie helped with overall cash generation too
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I reckon that teams that don't start Danger in Round 1 are going to need $200-$250k or so in the bank unless they take a punt on not bringing him in to around Round 6-8 or are willing to spend 3-4 trades (or trade out a premium plus a midpricer) getting him into the side for Rounds 3-4.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    14. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Looks pretty solid mate.
      Lloyd could be a nice POD with an under the radar JLT.
      Marchbank seems pretty risky (not that taking a punt is a bad thing). Did ok last year as +1 but if not in that gig then his scores suffered. Has smacked it out of the park in JLT so might be a genius selection.
      Doggies mids still seem a mystery. The likes of Bont, Libba, Dahl and McLean all look ok picks at their price point but which one will really standout?
      • Like Like x 1
    15. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I think if your leaving more than $100k on the table then you're wasting it. That could be the difference in upgrading a mid pricer to a less riskier premium, or upgrading a cheap premium to an elite one.

Anyway apologies for the curse on AC and Hanley. I talk them up and one gets injured and the other goes awol.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. warsaken
      warsaken
      I must say, they are the 2 positions i have already changed since posting.Ive brought in Wingard for Barlow and brought in Coffield/Naughton in DEF which allowed me to upgrade JPK to Titch.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Len
      Len
      DEF -
      T Doedee - 46.7, L Murphy - 6.3, N Coffield - 20.3, J Finlayson - 23.3, A Naughton - 18.4, Z Guthrie - 3.4, T Cole - 0.9

MID -
      H Clark - 6.1, A Brayshaw - 28.4, B Banfield - 12.6, D Barry - 32.9, W Brodie - 7.5, N Holman - 29.7, N Shipley - 0.7, C Constable - 2.4, T Kelly - 42.1

FWD -
      D Fogarty - 16.4, C Rayner - 28.3, J Stephenson - 15.2, L Keeffe - 18.7, Z Langdon - 3.3, B Fritsch - 29.6, G Miers - 1.4, J Waterman - 1.4

Will do the rest a bit later on :)
      • Like Like x 5
    18. warsaken
      warsaken
      Al Bundy from Married with Children
      • Like Like x 1
    19. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Defence rookies seem to have settled. Naughton or Coffield plus Doedee, Murray and Finlayson. Adelaide's Murphy as back up or if only going with 3 prems.
    20. anthak
      anthak
      I think I'll be picking O'Shea if selected in round 1.

Also, whats the story with Alex Morgan from the roos? Anyone know if he is in the frame for round 1?
      • Like Like x 1