2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Thanks Len. Finlayson now locked and loaded.

I keep trying to juggle my team around and am often 100k short of the structure that I would like. Then it dawned on me that Marchbank is actually the solution to my problem. So having dissed him yesterday, you have convinced me to take another look. Plus he solves my current cash problem :)

Having spent far too much of the past day or so researching, I must say that I fully agree with this analysis. Team rejig has occurred, and I now have both Naughton and Coffield but with Coffield on the MID line.

The problem is actually finding decent FWD rookies. Fristch did the best from JLT, but does he break into a Melbourne team if every older player is fit and available? The two from West Coast (Waterman and Ryan) both look likely to play a couple of early games but with Kennedy to return by R3 their long-term prospects don't look flash. Keeffe is a bit iffy and so is Hanrahan. Fogarty would be lucky to break into R1, but looked good in JLT2.

I've spent some more on my FWD line because the rookies down there seem to be the weakest.
      Capture.JPG
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Jason
      Jason
      This is a neat spreadsheet courtesy of Supercoach Saint via twitter.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    3. anthak
      anthak
      That is awesome, its just what I was looking for!
      Does anyone know how to easily add data to it, specifically 2017 tog for each player
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Thanks to @Len for providing SC ownership figures for the following table of players sub $203k who played both JLT matches and averaged > 49ppg, red figures denote Prospectus page references for 2018 and 2017 and (r.) = rookie listed player

Players have been sorted by position, and by order of round 1 games and then by average JLT SC score. JLT stats are games played, SC Avg, TOG Ave, SC per 100% TOG. Please let me know if there are any errors.

TSgrid.png
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
      • Like Like x 3
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate, you’re a legend.
      What are the 4 columns under JLT representing?
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    6. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      They are mentioned in the big red font on the original post!
      • Like Like x 1
    7. warsaken
      warsaken
      Which was edited 2 minutes after ant asked ;)
      • Like Like x 2
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks for pointing this out Grizzles :) The red writing wasnt there earlier ;)
    9. anthak
      anthak
      I was quite happy with my team and now that I’m trading out Danger I don’t know what to do with all the cash!
    10. walesy
      walesy
      All I know, is if you type Bundy into the player search, it comes up with Christensen :D

Been a while since I updated the nickname list though- but it's for this exact reason!

Also, any thoughts

Attached Files:

11. walesy
      walesy
      first thought- the hell did I do to the resolution/blurry of that image!
    12. benny01
      benny01
      Are you prepared to ride the up and down season that Heath Shaw will undoubtedly bring? Lachie Whitfield has played very well loose off half back in the pre-season matches so I'm not sure Shaw will get much more opportunity to roam free than last year. I think Shaw will still have some great games but I think he will have more ordinary games of 50odd than previous years.

Other than that I like your side and I love the selection of Crouch.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. benny01
      benny01
      I'm having the same issue. I was close to settled and I'm reluctant to spend that cash for now until Dangerfield isn't named in the round 1 side.
      • Like Like x 3
    14. Jason
      Jason
      I'm going to hope that my eyes have been deceived by the blurry picture and you don't actually have Goldstein as your R1.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Hey boss, like most sides I can see a fair bit of logic in the individual players picked and while there are a few missing who are likely to be popular you can't have them all and I particularly like the disciplined rookie price structure.

My question is structural - ie Midpriced (and value premiums) vs Guns and Rookies. If you were to bring in another sub $200k rookie and replace one of the $310-$440k players how could you use the $220k-$450k to bring in more rolled gold premiums in to backup M1-M4 ??

Last year a midpriced strategy seemed both popular and proven to be successful (I just picked the wrong player X vs Player Y midpricer decisions) and I think part of the reason was a poor batch of rookies. This years batch certainly haven't collectively smashed it in the JLT so it may well be the way to go again, but the other aspect is that this years super premiums may perform to expectations far more than in 2017.
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      When did having a mid price strategy pay off last year?
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Can only think of this guy:
      [​IMG]
    18. anthak
      anthak
      Yep, Clayton Oliver :spoton:
      Marc Murphy was also a good one, starting at around $430k
      And his mate, Kruezer at <$400k
      Apart from that, Tuohy was ok but almost $450k for a def.
      Nank was good at <$400k
      Not much else
      I haven't checked but there'd have to be a handful each year that do ok

But its often difficult to pick which ones. There were a lot of popular MP selections last year that failed. Jaeger and Swallow were two! :spew:
      • Like Like x 1
    19. walesy
      walesy
      ha, I like Goldi- reckon he's gunna bounce back a bit this year.

Rucks are tough this year.
      - Jacobs is probably the safest
      - Kreuze is a sneeze away from injury (despite the last 2 strong years)
      - Paddy is a guaranteed donut in his bye.
      - Lycett for value, particularly with Vardy out- but man, it would take some stones!
      • Like Like x 2
    20. walesy
      walesy
      The mid-pricers peppering my F/D line is because I hate the prems in both lines. (Though Shaw>Laird is gunna happen)

Then the age old question, Conig + Arma vs Kelly + scrub

Coniglio: 105 + Armitage: 90 - adds 195 a week, and about 35ppw in value
      Kelly: 120, and my 3rd rookie mid comes onto the field. I'd need to average 75 from him to break even. Not sure if I can.

Second option makes a little more $$, but the points are hard to earn back.

Now, trading Marchbank down to move Armi up, that works I reckon.
      • Like Like x 1