2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Owen
      Owen
      Picking a second ruck after Gawn has been the hardest part about this year for me. In previous years I much prefer to pick a cheapy that increases in value who I then trade to whatever ruck suddenly averages 10 more points for the season, however there isn't a clear answer for who this is for me. Guys that could fill this role:
      - Lycett? Perhaps the obvious choice here with Vardy out, but with Nic Nat coming back does Lycett play every week?
      - Sandilands, not exactly cheap but priced cheap for his potential average, but could possibly get rested every now and then for Darcy?
      - Simpson, not a huge amount of security with Rory Lobb likely to take lead ruck when fit
      - Mason Cox, can Cox push his average up 10 to 15 points to 65 to 70?
      Any pros of starting with Gawn, Cox, and Lycett? Or is Cameron a must have with Sinclair the only ruck at the swans.
      It's doing my head in.
    2. anthak
      anthak
      I just keep swapping between Goldy and NicNat and even that is doing my head in :)
    3. walesy
      walesy
      NitNat is underdone. Lycett plays every week if fit (At least while Vardy is out). That's still a big if though! Dude is made of tissue paper
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Penske file
      Penske file
      Nank not on anyone's radar, until Ryder has his bye,?
    5. Jason
      Jason
      16/30 of your players are the same as my players. 17 if you have ditched Shaw for Laird.
      Doesn't look like there is going to be a heck of a lot of variation between who we all choose as rookies this year.
    6. Owen
      Owen
      Pricey rental if you're going to bring in Ryder at round 11, but I see the appeal. He could go up a level and be a keeper even.
    7. benny01
      benny01
      I've had just about everyone and currently renting out to Martin.
    8. churchboy
      churchboy
      Why O'Shea anthak? you think he's a definite for round 1?
    9. churchboy
      churchboy
      Bloody danger... he's in, he's out, he's in ... where's my damn crystal ball
      • Like Like x 2
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Not a definite. I said I’d probably pick him *if* he is selected round 1... but I’m having second thoughts about it now anyway, only because of his price, but it’ll depend which rookies are selected for round 1.
    11. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      Hi Anthak, here is an idea. Whenever Sandi gets rested, swing in Cox. I intend to upgrade Sandi into Ryder after Ryder's bye.
      I expect Sandi to last at least half a season :rolleyes:

upload_2018-3-13_20-15-41.png
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Len
      Len
      Wouldn't it be simpler to just start with Ryder and switch Cox in for one game?
      I've played with this idea plenty for mine, but I am not 100% on Cox as a starting fwd tbh
      • Like Like x 4
    13. churchboy
      churchboy
      looks like you've already done a pretty good self critique KI, lots of mid-prices which means heaps of risk. some will pay off, most won't. the problem with picking mid-pricers is its super hard to get the right ones.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. churchboy
      churchboy
      ok peeps, let me know what you think ... hopefully it comes through as a super HD image ;) upload_2018-3-14_11-41-26.png
      • Like Like x 1
    15. anthak
      anthak
      Hi mate, I like this team a lot.
      Only concerns are the scoring potential of those fwd rookies and the risks on marchbank and Brayshaw in def. also obvious questions on Danger.

A lot will depend on final teams for round 1, but I’m currently thinking to go with just 3 rookies in the fwd line, so just 1 onfield. The options there just don’t inspire me much. I’m still not sold on Christensen either but he might end up my M5.

I can see why you’d select Marchbank and Brayshaw, and I’m not going to suggest not doing it, but it might be worth considering another def rookie and a more solid option instead - not that there are many solid options this year! Lol
      It’s just that it seems there are heaps of good def rookie options this year.

But these are not big concerns at all, I reckon your team is great. Just gotta decide what to do about Danger if not selected for round 1
      • Like Like x 1
    16. benny01
      benny01
      I'm not convinced on Angus Brayshaw, especially when accompanied by Marchbank. Angus has struggled to play out the last few years with his concussion issues. I'd recommend downgrading him to Naughton and upgrading someone like Christensen with the cash.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. churchboy
      churchboy
      thanks mate, all valid feedback. will do some adjusting i think
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Len
      Len
      I've had Marchbank in my side for ages, can anyone lead me into why Wietering outscored him so comprehensively last game? I haven't seen any footy for a couple of weeks and am directly lining these two up..
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I ended up bringing in Matt Crouch for Danger, but now that Danger is a chance to play I’ve brought him back in but I’ve become attached to MCrouch, so I’m currently running with Fyfe at M5, & Coniglio & Libba! So my mids are stacked now.... but it’s bound to change again
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Great question I'm tossing up having Weitering instead but don't have the gonads ?
      • Like Like x 1