2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      Hi All. haven't given much feedback as yet (sorry) so please don't feel obligated to comment.

However, I have posted my team for a couple of discussion points/thoughts - rucks & forwards & Dangerfield

I think Ryder will be a POD this year and I think the forwards are a dice roll.
      Most teams I have seen appear to be taking a risk with the assumption the rucks don't need a backup.
      Buckley appears to have switched Moore to the backline and I think he has decided to give Cox a run as a key forward. I think Cox has a good as chance as any midpricer as improving (being a tall takes a bit longer to mature).I think the risk that Cox doesn't perform (or not play) is less than having to scamble if the rucks don't pan out or injuires occur.

Other assumptions.
      1. Dangerfield will not match last year's output. Calf last year & Hamstring this year - age catching up?, Ablett returning, Duncan & Menegola & possibly Kelly taking points. Risky.
      2. I expect Waterman will play until Kennedy comes back. Depending on how he goes will determine his JS (50/50 at the moment). This may be a corrective trade tp a better rookie.
      3. Freo is still looking for a solid forward line and I expect Fyfe & Mundy to spend more time there. This will open up spots for Brayshaw & Banfield.
      4. Menegola is also under consideration - just don't feel confident with a replacement. Maybe Buddy.

Just a bit of left field thinking from one who does so/so. (2017 rank - 13539, 2016 - 8981)

Good luck to all this year.

For Len - after your comment I realised I had the cash so I did upgrade Sandi to Ryder. Thanks.

$32K left in the bank

upload_2018-3-18_21-21-48.png

Bye Structure
      upload_2018-3-18_21-51-26.png
    2. Len
      Len
      The selection of Mundy doesn't make any sense to me, esp given your thought he will play more fwd, was he picked to fit a budget?
      Menegola feels like too much money for a guy who isn't fully fit and Crozier is a SC dud.

Structure is fine, mostly the players fit the bill also, but a couple of names that don't feel right for my money
      • Like Like x 1
    3. IPOD
      IPOD
      I dont trust sicily one week 120+ next week 35. I liken him to Jeremy Mcgovern can rip it apart for a 2-3 week period then go missing for 2-3 just my opinion.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. IPOD
      IPOD
      Not sure about Cox in the fwd line unless the delivery from the pies improves into the f50 (im a pies fan) i cant see him being relevent. I know he is 6'10" but if the delivery is poor and shallow entryies im not sure he will make the ball drop, also if he cant clunk it then he is poor in chase tackle and picking up below his knees. For 300k may as well pick up a rookie like a stephenson and use the 120k spare elsewhere
    5. churchboy
      churchboy
      I think you're a more ballsy SC player than me boulder! Lamber, Crozier and Cox all in your foward line i see as big risk choices. Similar with Weitering in def and mundy in mids. I'm primarily trying for a guns/rooky strategy, so i guess you can take what i say with a grain of salt so to speak, but i'd recommend dropping some of those mid prices for rookies and upgrading others to $400K+ players where possible. Keep in mind that Mundy is an ageing player now, so not sure he's going to return to form or just be an on field presence to support the younger guys. Don't forget that Ryder will miss a week (round 10 bye, as Port play overseas week prior), so he's a POD, but a POD because a lot of people are worried about copping a 0 for that week and I'm one of those people lol.

About to post my team (version 2), happy to get feedback in return!
    6. churchboy
      churchboy
      Ok guys, so would love any feedback at all, but I'm really keen to hear about rookies you ACTUALLY think will play vs those that are just hyped up from preseason (ie Dow ... is he going to play? I'm doubting, love to hear from blues fans). I'm worried about my def and having so many rookies, anyone else going with 4 on field rookies in DEF? Do we really think these defender rookies are going to play enough games to have cover?
      upload_2018-3-19_11-30-36.png
    7. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Hey church, I have seen a lot of teams running a 2-6 defense and there’s some merit given the potential rookie depth there. However a 1-1-5 is super risky. I see the value in what you’ve done in grabbing another mid premo and it’s not a bad move if the mid rooks don’t show themselves for rnd 1.
      We’re all in the dark on which ones will play and js. Certainly word from clubs to be taken with grain of salt but the likes of Coffield, Doedee, Brayshaw, Murray, Naughton have done to right things and have some good club press on their chances. Stephenson and Fogarty getting some beat up of late but js is prob shaky. Will be yelling for our sides as to whether any of Kelly, Holman or Barry get the nod.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. IPOD
      IPOD
      Here goes my 1st real crack at a full scale draft of my team all feedback is appreciated
      Backs - Laird, Howe, Mills, Brayshaw (melb), Murray, Coffield (Finlayson Doedee)
      Mids - Dusty, TMitch, Zorko, Libba, Cripps, Brayshaw(Freo), T.Kelly (GWS), Holman (LDU, Fogarty,Barry)
      Rucks - Ryder, Gawn (Cameron)
      Fwds - Buddy, Walters, Greene, Petracca, Stephenson, LRyan (Higgins Fritsch)

Am flexible with rookies in my team subject to selection also 180k left
    9. JC
      JC
      This is pretty close to my line up, so I like most of it. We have some different rookies, no Danger for me, and I have Hibberd in the backline where you have Coniglio in the mids. That's mainly because 1 prem plus Sicily is a bit light for me for my liking down back - it just feels like there's no margin for error there. I think there is depth in the backline rookies this year, but I don't think I'm willing to start 4 on field. I've seen plenty of others who are though, but not many with the somewhat speculative Sicily pick at D2.

R2 has been my other bone of contention. I've had all of Goldstein, Ryder and Martin at different stages and still not sure I've decided on my preferred option. I've also been switching between Sicily and Mills at D3.
      • Like Like x 2
    10. IPOD
      IPOD
      Any feedback would be much appreciated
      Backs - Laird Mills Howe Brayshaw Murray Coffield (Doedee Finlayson)
      Mids - Dusty TMitch Cripps Libba Zorko Brayshaw T.Kelly Holman (LDU Fogarty Barry)
      Rucks - Ryder Gawn (Cameron)
      Forwards - Buddy Greene Walters Petracca Stephenson L Ryan (Fritsch J Higgins).
      Still have 180k and I am open to all thoughts especially with the rookies. Will depend a lot on selection for round 1
      Thanks in advance
    11. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Freo's Brayshaw and Banfield are set to debut and you couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces!
      >> bit.ly/2pp7jnF #foreverfreo

2 mids conformed :thumbsu::thumbsu:
      • Like Like x 7
    12. IPOD
      IPOD
      I need to ask is there some reason that nobody has had a comment on my team?? I come here every year and comment on peoples team with what i consider constructive criticism and people reciprocate. This year i do the same and nobody returns in kind. Did i miss the memo or is this still the place to get some great advice for your team.....?
    13. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate, nothing personal against you! I’m sure someone would’ve soon enough...

FWIW, I think you’ve got a fairly good structure, except a lot will depend on which rookies are named for round 1, as you say.

Outside of rookies, I can’t really fault your picks as all offer good enough upside for their price.

You’ve gone with some picks that I wouldn’t but it’s all personal preference and you haven’t got any glaring mistakes or problems. Except maybe starting Ryder who has a guaranteed zero in round 10, but lots of people are doing that.

In terms of rookies, wait for teams but be prepared to juggle it, because I think Higgins is unlikely to play round 1, and I don’t think there are many fwd rookies worthy of starting onfield.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Nick
      Nick
      Solid structure and similar to mine and most I've seen around to make use of rookie availability
      Greene and Walters in one team and one line spells danger for me...Walters so injury prone and Green suspension prone. Never again for Green for me, I'd de risk your team by replacing one. No Devon Smith is almost a POD!
      Love the Zorko pick, love how he plays but he never can make it into my team ahead of others.
      Howe is another interesting choice and definitely a POD - why do you think he will improve his average from last year?
      Rookies are solid except maybe Higgins.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Iain
      Iain
      Probably just the timing mate, most people have their team pretty well sorted now and won't be looking at RMT as much as maybe last week.

Only real comment I have about your side is be wary of Brayshaw (MEL).

(Nick already mentioned Walters above)

I had him locked into my side early on but I just can't see the upside any more. He's played 15 games in the last 2 years at an average of 67.3, last year he only played 5 games and averaged 72 but only had one game over 90 (a 91) and looking at his salary calcs if he scores 90 every game before his bye this year he will only have gained ~$140k. Best case scenario from my perspective is he becomes your worst "premium" by seasons end, worst case he gets KO'd after scoring 4SC every 3 weeks until his season ends.
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Len
      Len
      I don't like Howe or Melb brayshaw down back, other than that a solid team, rookies are a box of chocolates until we see team or club announcements, FWIW I don't think Higgins plays, I wouldn't name LDU then have him on the bench and if you can keep ryan offfield that appears to be for the best, low scorer on exposed evidence
    17. anthak
      anthak
      Yep, this is why I was asking about Tex
    18. anthak
      anthak
      here's my team at present, still subject to change of course. rookies especially and hence structure may change a lot depending on teams announcements.

D: Laird, Tuohy, Sicily, Naughton, O'Shea, Murray, Doedee, Finlayson
      M: Danger, Martin, Mitchell, Fyfe, Coniglio, Armitage, Brayshaw (freo), Banfield, Kelly, Barry, Holman
      R: Goldstein, Gawn, Olango
      F: Heeney, Billings, Walters, Smith, Christensen, Fogarty, Fritsch, Ryan

Still have $33k in the bank.

Im pretty happy with it, but does anyone have any suggestions?
    19. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Not sure I can legitimately critique the guy who came 15th last year, but I'll have a stab.

On first glance, 4 mid pricers and Bundy seems on the risky side.
      If I was to lose one it would probably be Armo. Just really awkward price and has only really gone 95+ once.
      Have been turned off Walters with the knock that his scores in losses are significantly lower.
      Still strong mail based on Scott's inferences, that Danger gets named but late out.
      Like tuohy pod. Would be interested to know his ownership, seems to have flown under the radar (til now;)).
      I'm seriously considering guys like Neale, Dixon and Zorko just to sit left of centre.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate, I appreciate your feedback.
      The amount of midpricers in my team has varied greatly over the last few weeks, but Im thinking ive settled on this number. However, I agree Armitage is the most likely to drop out, however Id be happy if he just averaged 90+ at his price, but Im hoping he averages 110!

Yeah Tuohy is only 7% ownership. I havent seen or heard his name mentioned much at all, but I like him as a solid def option at his price.
      Thanks for the news about Walters, I wasnt aware of that... Freo might win a few more games this year anyway, but its something to consider for sure. I just like his upside!
      Not sure what I'd do if Danger is a late out; probably swap him for a Sydney mid like Parker...