2015 ORFFL Premiership Season: IT BEGINS!

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tAdmin, Apr 1, 2015.

By tAdmin on Apr 1, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Wellity. Wellity. Well. The 2015 ORFFL Premiership Season is upon and order has been restored to the realm of fantasy football (just in time I might add). Coaches have (largely) full lists to choose from with the infidels being unable to comfortably satisfy the fantasy Gods, the aforementioned Gods preferring the time-honoured tradition of sacrificing the lesser, goat-like standard of players in messers Crowley, Keefe and Thomas (sorry J). And perhaps a few others :)WINK:).
    So it is with this ceremonial ritual (please let this be an annual thing) that we open the 2015 ORFFL Premiership Season. I trust that we all remember the rules? 4 DEF, 4 MID, 1 RUC, 4 FWD, 2 IC (any play). 4 EMG, so 1 line misses out. Given it is a Thursday night game that means the loophole is in effect, but remember you must have a full team of 15 players on the park by the beginning of the first game on Saturday. <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Meaning: if you're going to loophole with the EMG you can't leave any blanks spaces on the field[/b]. So make sure you have some players who aren't named this week in your squad if you're trying it on. Otherwise you'll get a zero for that blank spot(s)[span style='font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; background-color: transparent; font-family: inherit;].
    <strong style='font-size: 14px;]HORNSY'S MOST WATCHABLE BESIDES YOUR OWN GAME OF THE ROUND[/b]
    [​IMG]
    <strong style='font-size: 14px;]BUNDALONG BULLFROGS VS SMITHS BEACH SEAGULLS[/b]
    Everyone wants to see how the new kid on the block goes in his first encounter. I haven't taken a straw pole or anything, I'm basically just Projecting my own desires on to the rest of you. But back to the competition n00b5 and I'm of the opinion that they'll acquit themselves quite well here. Will they win? I haven't thefoggiest. But for a team(former) that finished dead last in 2014, I look at their list and it whispers seductively 'middle tier brah, i'm in the middle tier brah'.
    <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Rance[/b], <strong style='font-size: 14px;]McGovern[/b], <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Haynes[/b] and <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Hampton[/b] (selections permitting) is a pretty fair DEF line, while a FWD line of <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Martin[/b], <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Edwards[/b], <strong style='font-size: 14px;]JRoo[/b] and <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Hoskin-Elliott[/b] (who looks set to prove me wrong and become an ORFFL standard player) is nothing to sneeze at. Historically (heh), it's been the MIDs that have always been the Bullfrog's problem, yet here in lies the beauty of their drafting this year. Picking up <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Newton[/b], <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Miller[/b] and <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Bastinac[/b] in the middle rounds of the PSD was canny drafting as all are chances to get games early and hit the scoring tarmac running. They'd need to gain around a 50 ppt improvement out of the MID and IC lines to challenge for a finals spot and I actually don't see that as insurmountable.
    I could echo similar thoughts about their opponent Smith's Beach Seagulls finals aspirations this year. To put it bluntly, they're a much better team than the position they finished at the end of last year. I think even at this early stage Smith's Beach is going to make it on to this blog a lot this year. Simply, I just want to watch <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Nakia Coackatoo[/b] play. He's the next <strong style='font-size: 14px;]Dangerfield[/b] (who SBS also have), but a better kicking version.
    Still have doubts about the pick in terms of list management, but in terms of brand promotion and ticket sales it is already a resounding success. And isn't that what this game is all about?

2015 ORFFL PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND ONE

Jimcumbilly Jackrabbits vs Mililkapati Snakes
    Bundalong Bullfrogs vs Smith's Beach Seagulls (Battle of the relative n00bs)
    Poowong Potoroos vs Warburton Wanderers
    Sarah Island Savages vs Queenstown Quolls (Abel Tasmanius Cup)
    Humpty Doo Hammerheads vs Tarwin Lower Pigs
    Bonnie Doon Bandits vs Glenrowan Gunslingers (Stashhouse Shootout0
    Popanyinning Pyrite vs Coulta Couldabeens
    Purnululu Bungle Rangers vs Malacoota Magicians
    Mount Buggery Disappointments vs Defending Champion Woy Woy Wizards

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tAdmin, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Well this sucks - seems the team selection page is not tablet friendly.
      Can't drag n drop players at all!!!
    2. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      I'm actually Karl Rove but I can understand your confusion.
    3. Tino
      Tino
      Was trying my best to interpret the EMG explanation above, then realised I don't have any Carlton or Richmond players. Fail.
    4. snoz
      snoz
      Place sitter, seat filler, making up the numbers guy is in.........please do note lads, that even though I'm an appendix, I am not a mute :)

You don't want to lose to a guy who hasn't seen a live game since the majestic 1990 Granny !!!
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Would be handy if we could use mobile phones too ;)

Doesn't have to be drag/drop. Maybe we could select a player and then select where we want them. 2 clicks/presses
    6. stripey
      stripey
      Well, before the season begins I just want to say good luck everyone, just sat down and cobbled together the Bullfrogs team for Round 1 and after thinking 26 players seemed like plenty to choose from, a few injuries here, a few non-selections there (how is Vickery going to prove Browny wrong if he doesnt get picked?) and things start to get a bit lean....
    7. Jason
      Jason
      I hear ya. Several Potoroos sitting on the injury bench already and Josh Thomas AWOL.
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, tablet friendly is definitely not its strong point.

If you wanna email me your squad, I can bung it in for you.
    9. Jason
      Jason
      Or you could just say thank you for sending the files. The shields are already uploaded in the Image Manager thingy anyway, but I'm sure you already knew that right?

Not my fault if you couldn't stay online for another 5 minutes just after you made 4 posts in a row.
    10. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      I'm here and have been paying attention, just been super busy since I have returned. Team is locked in and looking forward to the battle of the n00bs!
    11. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      Thank you for sending me the SBS logo.

Fuck you for your lack of patience and intransigence while I tend to a spasming back.

All good now?
    12. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      Thank you for sending me the SBS logo.

Fuck you for your lack of patience and intransigence while I tend to a spasming back.

All good now?
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Not really, you can sit and rotate for as long as you need in your own time at any time.

All I did was stick in the two logos at the point that you left blank for christ's sake.
    14. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      If I say I'm going to add the matchup image, I will. So don't edit my posts.

I don't edit your posts.
    15. Jason
      Jason
      Think you need to take a chill pill, the world didn't end. You are way out of line and acting like a tool.
    16. Lenny120
      Lenny120
      I think you guys are taking this way tooserious.
    17. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Spasming back H? I feel for ya mate........it really sucks.
      That said..........welcome to my daily life for the past 9 years :(
    18. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      Remember 2 years ago when I edited a post of yours and you cracked the sads and I then apologised unreservedly, yanno without telling you to take a chill pill, that you're out of line or acting like a tool?

Yeah? Nah?

Don't talk to me about lines when you haven't the first idea about how to draw one.
    19. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      Totally agree.

Probably not going to take that advice though. :)
    20. Gumby
      Gumby
      Good luck everyone!