2018 Round Review: Round 7

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 6, 2018.

By walesy on May 6, 2018 at 6:02 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Another week rolls by, and again I'm gunna get done in the second-to-last game of the weekend for my cash league.

Gunna need some heroics from Murray to snag a chance (Needs to match Hibberds 96)- If only his SC score was matching his DT!

Anyways, how have you all gone this weekend?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 6, 2018.

1. Bucko
      Bucko
      Traded in Sicily and ended up with a 2,273.
      Pretty good week
      • Like Like x 3
    2. stowie
      stowie
      Nic Nat cops a week :mad:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    3. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Need the Swans to debut Darcy Cameron now.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. pollypies
      pollypies
      The week prior to Swans game on the weekend Cameron had something like 27 disposals, 3 goals and 9 tackles and still didn't get a game. Has the form but they must think a second ruck doesn't fit their structure.
    5. St
      St
      2,182 so a slight drop, Villians being Petracca, Pendles and anyone wearing a Giants jumper, Captain Gawn solid and heroes Sicily, Fyfe and Hogan
    6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I assumed that NicNat may have been rested at some point. Is anyone going to trade him to Gawn or one of the other better averaging rucks ?

It will be interesting to see who WCE plays in the ruck in NN's absence as well as whether English, Crossley and McInerney hold their spot or Cameron can get brought in this week to give coaches some coverage options.
    7. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      WCE can appeal and will. Under appeal, the suspension should be dropped
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I had thought that @stowie's comment meant that NN had accepted the ban. I will await the outcome if he does appeal.
    9. JPK
      JPK
      Must say that in my own absence, I'm quite happy with how my team is ticking over. Have had very minimal time recently, but managed to loophole VC Macrae this week, on my way to 2,440 points. Can't complain too much about that!
      • Like Like x 8
    10. Owen
      Owen
      I'm looking forward to the best buys this week, seems to be quite a few tasty options.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. mobya
      mobya
      The Devil loves you!
      • Like Like x 2
    12. TheTassieHawk
    13. Owen
      Owen
      I've read somewhere that Gallucci is out for two weeks, here's hoping the crows bring back Murphy
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    14. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Is anybody going to trade NicNat if his ban is upheld?

I note that many top ranked teams (including the Top 3) have Nicnat and will probably sit on him and cop a donut.
      Those teams fielding two rucks this weekend could gain a real advantage.

Nicnat to Grundy maybe?
      Last edited: May 9, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Penske file
      Penske file
      Just read of a possibility Nank will be rested this week, if so not a good week for ruckmen especially with Orlango on the bench.
    16. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      They barely play 1 Ruck, Sinclair is your typical Ruck/Fwd - they said a year ago they're not so worried about winning the taps. Same with Hawthorn; they value getting movement out of their ruckman over elite restart work. Cameron does seem to fit that prototype too, but realistically he isn't getting a look unless Sinclair is injured.
    17. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      I've got $417k in the bank - NicNat on field but English on bench in case of emergency.

Started the season in the top 1% but tailed off since; some of my trades in (Gray, Merrett) seemed like the right thing to do, but haven't scored big.

Of greater concern is my upgrades. I think it's time now to move on Riley Bonner, he lost $ this week and isn't the hidden gem we hoped for - wondered if he might score better with Hartlett out but was no real different.
      Garlett seems to have now peaked. Same for Mitch Crowden.
      But Petracca is now maybe my biggest worry - I'd hoped he would be a top 8 forward and candidate to be the final player I upgrade to a premo. But here I am sitting with losing cash and a breakeven of 128 that he likely won't even reach half of.

Is it more important to upgrade both Bonner and Petracca than worry about English playing Ruck for a week?

And who are the premo Defenders? I don't trust Yeo, Hurn or Seedsman! I've already got Laird and Hurley. I've got Savage too and I don't even trust him!
    18. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      I think the only way Cameron plays is if Franklin is still out and they move Sinclair forward and Cameron into the ruck. But apparently Aliir Aliir is ahead of Cameron in the pecking order anyway.
      With Franklin now likely to play, Cameron's chances look shot :(
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I think English is fine as a fill-in, so you should focus on other areas imo.
      Also, Yeo looks to be really good and should be a top5 def this year
    20. anthak
      anthak
      Petracca’s BE is 115. Not sure if that makes any difference for you, but I’m considering keeping him a little longer in my TG team.