2018 Round Review: Round 9

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 20, 2018.

By walesy on May 20, 2018 at 8:04 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Like the Bombers, it's been a rough year for my team this year. Also though, like the Bombers, we got ourselves a much needed win this weekend!!

Unlike the Bombers however, we were helped by an un-observant opposition who left a Macrae 177 VC as their VC. mwhahahaha. :D

How have you all gone?

?

How many trades do you have LEFT after Round 9 ?

Poll closed May 25, 2018.
  1. 14

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 15

9.1%
  3. 16

15.9%
  4. 17

13.6%
  5. 18

29.5%
  6. 19

13.6%
  7. 20

9.1%
  8. 21

2.3%
  9. 22

2.3%
  10. 23

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 24

4.5%
  12. 25 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 20, 2018.

1. Jason
      Jason
      I believe that is only for R12, R13 and R14
      • Like Like x 5
    2. JoshyC
      JoshyC

Any thoughts on the BEs mate-see my post from earlier this morning on page 1
    3. TheTassieHawk
    4. walesy
      walesy
      It usually needs a few tweaks along the way, depending on what's been happening.Definitely looks about 10% under though, doesn't it. I'll kick it when I get home tonight.

Really need to automate that calc one of these days.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      I wondered that too but according to the help under point scoring it only applies to rounds 12,13 &14.
      CLUB BYES AND 'BEST 18' SCORING IN 2018
      • There will be three rounds (12, 13 & 14) in 2018 where four, six & six teams respectively will have a bye in each round.
      • To better-reflect the actual competition, you'll score from your best 18 players only (therefore your Best 18 scores) in any position, from your selected, on-field Starting 22. You'll still need to ensure that your best available players are in your starting 22 line-up.
      • During these three rounds, you'll simply need to manage your team as you normally would - select, trade and set your Starting 22 with as many 'non-bye' players as possible in your starting 22 line-up. Remember, it's the Best 18 from your Starting 22,and does not include your bench as per any other week.
      • If you have further available players in any position during these multi-bye rounds, you may set Emergencies for those positions as usual. Emergencies will continue to replace non-starting players in your Starting 22 with the usual rules, in the same position (including any 'bye' player that you may have left in your Starting 22) and their score will only count if it is in your Best 18.
      • Set a Captain (and Vice Captain) as you normally would for double points. If your Captain's doubled score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, then their points will not count - you simply get your Best 18 scores only. Similarly, if your Captain's doubled-score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, you do NOT automatically receive double points from your Vice Captain - your Vice Captain only receives double points as per any other round, if your Captain does not play for any reason.
      • You'll not receive any points from players whose team/s have a bye, and don't play in any of the multi-bye rounds.
      • Like Like x 3
    6. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Yeah I have Joshy C re. BEs, Doedee stood out to me this week as well. On the other hand SC Gold seem to have them spot on, can't say I have done extensive research but certainly Danger and Doedee were right on the money.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Ugh, Billings has been dire this year - even worse in reality than his SC score suggests; Saints fans been urging for him to get dropped, the problem being our list is so poor there's not really enough others deserving of a game.
      I switched him out just before season started, downgraded him to Gresham and used the cash to start with Fyfe. Although it cost me a trade anyway to get Gresham out, I'm glad I didn't lose the cash or have the high blood pressure with Billings. Just think, his dip in cost pretty much lost what Doedee or Murray gained....
      • Like Like x 2
    8. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      I pulled out 2 wins that looked like losses - as the Sunday games finished on the live gameday tracker I was losing by 15 and 24 points respectively. But I didn't realise it doesn't pull through the emergency points until after the match scores are confirmed - Langdon-Giles in one matchup replacing Higgins on-field and Coffield replacing Hurley bumped me up to 2272 and wins in all 3 of my leagues.

Glad I brought in Macrae this week - I'd been going to do it the previous week but I gambled that Spargo was better to grab in round 8 as I reckoned he'd rise more than Macrae so thought overall it made economic sense - stupid to chase cash.

Have burned too many trades though, only got 17 left and this week have 3 Port starters and Holman on bench... I don't really want to trade any of them out, and Hurley injured and Higgins being dropped is a nightmare for me.

Got rid of Mason Cox early for Westhoff, then Hunter Clark for Liam Ryan as he was the one rookie I missed; then he needed replacing as I couldn't go multiple rounds with him and ZGL both injured as fwd bench cover. Armitage was a bad gamble and once he was dropped from Saints I had to switch him out (but did so for O'Meara :mad:) then Buddy and Hartlett got injured same week (Hartlett hurt me as had been a good POD).
      I then probably started upgrade season a little early, but because there were so many good rookies in round 1, it always meant a lot would peak before the byes - have gone O'Meara to ZMerrett, Petracca & Bonner to Spargo & Sicily, Banfield & Garlett to Keeffe & Macrae.

Laird / Hurley / Savage
      Doedee / Murray / Finlayson // Richards / Coffield

Macrae / TMitchell / Martin / Fyfe
      Cripps / ZMerrett / Kelly / Brayshaw // Holman / Crowden / Spargo

Gawn / NicNat // English

Gray / Westhoff / Boak
      Sicily / Fritsch / Higgins // Zac Giles-Langdon / Keeffe

I can switch Spargo into the forward line and actually get a full 22 out, but really I think I need to find a way to bring in Heeney and swing Sicily to defence.
    9. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      My 10 cents on Macrae is that he has a beakeven of 79 per the TS Stats page so if teams want to get him in before his bye it will better for it to be Round 10.

Even if his form drops off he isn't appearing likely to be below $700k again for quite some time with a Round 15 price range of $680k (avg 110) to $753k (avg 140) per the TS stats page.

I'll be looking for a 80-100 to deflate his price but even then I reckon he will be a post byes injury upgrade target as my team nears completion.
      • Like Like x 3
    10. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      He has been stinking it up since round 2, I was rapt after the first round when he was on the ball, but since then bubkas and -200k. You can see his heat map attached from R1... I am swapping him to McLean after the dogs bye regardless...would be Walters or buddy but all 3 of them have the same bye. And never picking him again...ever

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    11. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      His SC Gold BE is 106 fwiw and that appears to be accurate based on a couple of recent examples identified in this thread.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      Legend
      • Like Like x 1
    13. mobya
      mobya
      Well observed 666, its lucky we have someone that spent the extra cash on getting SC Gold to keep us informed :)
    14. walesy
      walesy
      ok, I've tweaked the BE's and fixed the ORFFByes. Let me know if you spot anything else!
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Owen
      Owen
      If it's alright with you Walesy, I'm going to attribute my fall down the rankings since round 3 to the slightly incorrect break evens. It couldn't possibly be my fault for not selecting Macrae and/or keeping Hibberd for 4 weeks too long. Cheers.
      • Like Like x 3
    16. walesy
      walesy
      If fixing it corresponds with an uptick in your ranking, I'll wear it :D
      • Like Like x 3
    17. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      I'm jumping on this train too...but replace hibberd with billings lol
      • Like Like x 1
    18. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      The BEs look spot on now!!! Top job boss
    19. anthak
      anthak
      How do you know until they’ve played? :D
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Penske file
      Penske file
      Is it just me or is anyone else becoming frustrated by low scoring "premiums", I'm still waiting for the week they all come to the party. It has been very much a case of 1 up 1 down. I'm almost afraid to make trades I seem to automatically hex everyone I bring in.
      • Like Like x 2