2018 Round Review: Round 9

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 20, 2018.

By walesy on May 20, 2018 at 8:04 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Like the Bombers, it's been a rough year for my team this year. Also though, like the Bombers, we got ourselves a much needed win this weekend!!

Unlike the Bombers however, we were helped by an un-observant opposition who left a Macrae 177 VC as their VC. mwhahahaha. :D

How have you all gone?

?

How many trades do you have LEFT after Round 9 ?

Poll closed May 25, 2018.
  1. 14

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 15

9.1%
  3. 16

15.9%
  4. 17

13.6%
  5. 18

29.5%
  6. 19

13.6%
  7. 20

9.1%
  8. 21

2.3%
  9. 22

2.3%
  10. 23

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 24

4.5%
  12. 25 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 20, 2018.

1. Kanga18
      Kanga18
      I'm with you Penske, very, very frustrated. Hence I've found myself looking for someone super consistent...It looks as though I cant get Danger this week, then Gray and Westhoff the week after. However if instead of Danger this week I Went either Duckwood or Gaff, I should be able to squeeze the 3 upgrades in quick smart, as required.
      I've consulted the ticker and the finals draw, but still cant split them, so this one is over to the community. Duckwood, or Gaff?
    2. anthak
      anthak
      tough question!
      Probably Gaff the way he's going this year, and with the uncertainty around the Geelong midfielders roles
      • Like Like x 3
    3. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      I'm staying away from anybody Geelong due to their competition for points.

Parfitt returning soon to add to Danger, Selwood, Ablett, Menegola, Duncan, Tuohy and T Kelly.

They can't all be premiums!
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Owen
      Owen
      Fellow Tim English holders, with news of an injury that will keep him out at least a month, it could see him fit to return just after his week 12 bye. As such, are you:
      :thumbsu:Keeping for bye coverage
      :thumbsd:Booting for cash and upgrades
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    5. Senator96
      Senator96
      Didn't know about the injury until then. If he's out for a month wont that mean he wont be available for bye coverage anyway? Doesn't seem much point in keeping him as I needed him for the Melbourne and north Melbourne bye as have gawn and Goldstein both out in the same week. Having said there still needs to be someone to trade him out for and the mcinerny and crossley ships have sailed. As far as I know there aren't any other cheapies coming through unless ive missed someone? Cameron seems as far away as anyone. Hes pretty much a straight swap for shaun mckernan who is also ruck/fwd who has scored well anyone tempted on him. Low BE this week. I never thought id be tempted by mckernan though!

Anyone thinking of picking up rockliff after his bye this week? Very cheap and seems to be over the injuries that saw is price plummet and has a midfield role by the looks of it. An omeara to rockliff trade for example actually makes money
    6. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      I didn't mate, they are readily available elsewhere.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    7. Owen
      Owen
      If he's out for 4 weeks, that's round 10, 11, 12, and his bye in round 13. So could be back for round 14 and 15. Also it is a yes to Rockliff, too cheap to ignore for what he can do if fit, plus he's had another week off to get even more fit. Best case he becomes starter worthy, medium case he averages 100 and becomes a M9, worst case is he fails and averages around 75 or so from now on (well worst case is he gets injured I guess). All things considered worth the risk, and provides coverage through all byes too.
      • Like Like x 2
    8. insider
      insider
      Anyone care to offer thoughts of Jake Lloyd as a trade-in? I had him last year and wasn’t super excited to get him back in. “Everyone” is telling me to jump on board but could it maybe be points chasing? Two big scores in two weeks but about 6 stinkers prior... I’m more inclined to do the jimmy Webster upgrade I was too sack-less to do two weeks ago.
      Thumbs up: Lloyd always good, has turned it around and can bank 100+ per week for the rest of the season
      Thumbs down: points chasing for Lloyd as two weeks doesn’t prove much. Webster has consistent form with minimal fluctuations, jump on
    9. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Don't the Dogs have the Round 12 bye with the other bye rounds being 13 and 14 ?
    10. Owen
      Owen
      Yeah maybe, in that case he might miss one bye, hell it's even been reported that the injury is at least a month, so he could miss them all.
    11. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      I haven't seen a best buys for this round but here's my 2 cents.

S Coniglio - Has now bottomed out under 500k and averaging 106. Is consistently getting 25-30 touches per game. Only had 1 bad game where he still got plenty of the ball but made 10 clangers, doubt that will happen again. Query on the impact of Kelly's return.
      D Martin - Under 500k for the reigning Brownlow medallist!? Has been in a slump but is likely to turn that around against the woeful Saints.

Next week check out S Pendlebury. He could be priced under 500k which would be the cheapest he's been since 2009! (except for his injury-effected end to last year). Pendlebury is Mr Consistent when it comes to SC, so expect a rebound now that he's recovered from injury.

I think the boat has sailed on Macrae, Darling and Zorko. If you have them, well done, if not, don't go chasing.
      S McKernan is a gamblers choice, but not for me.
      Last edited: May 24, 2018
      • Like Like x 6
    12. anthak
      anthak
      I did a thumbs down for this but I just took it away cause I’m not sure anymore. Lloyd is still quite cheap and players who can get 40 disposals and/or score 170 don’t come around too often.
      Tough choice!
    13. IPOD
      IPOD
      Surprise! Team selection thwart decisions made earlier in the week. was just going to d/g Stephenson for Ed Phillips via Spargo dpp, then Murray and Keefe are dropped with Naughton still rotting on the bench and Liam Murphy on the extended bench my backline is in all sorts. Having said that i am still keen on Phillips in for Stephenson but Murray dropped hurts. Need to decide where to roll
      TU - Murray - Lloyd/Howe/McDonald/Webster/Seedsman (hope Murphy plays)
      TD - Murray & Naughton - Ridley and all above mentioned def (meaning keeping Stephenson and miss Phillips)
    14. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Yup - seems the best thing to do this season was start with NO premiums, take a loss weeks 3-5 but then starting 2-3 rounds ago trade in Titch, Laird, Martin, Danger, Rocky, Menegola etc all for less than start price.
      • Like Like x 1