2018 ORFFF Rep Footy - Team East

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 24, 2018.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

2. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

DEF: TMac, Crisp, Savage, Seedsman, McVeigh. Last slot is a toss up really, but I'd back in the kid Witherden.

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Curnow, Danger, Treloar, Bont, Selwood. Even though we have Dangerwood picking Duncan or Ablett in the last slot vs Calton looks good, personal bias towards Ablett :)...can we tell Curnow not to tag any of them?

FWD: McLean, Heeney, Caddy, Robinson, Gunston. Last pick is really difficult, maybe Walters since he was tracking pretty well before his injury?

RUC: Grundy and Martin/Sinclair, funnily enough they play each other so happy with either

• Like Like x 2
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Pretty much this for me

4. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

For what it is worth this is what I think

Defence
    I would stay away from Witherden - averaging mid 60's in his last 3. I would suggest we include Scharenberg (Average 86, Last3 100) who would be just ahead of Bailey Williams (Ave: 85, Last3: 86) & Luke Brown (Ave:85, Last3: 83) in my opinion for that last spot.

Midfield
    Out of Duncan & Ablett I would go Duncan for the last spot, but Cotchin is also worth a look (Ave: 104, Last3:116) and in my opinion gives Treloar a run for his money given his low score last week.

Rucks
    I think Grundy & Martin are the best options

Forwards
    I would go with de Goey (Ave: 88, Last3: 109) for that last spot in the forward line over Walters who hasn't been great since early in the season, and would also suggest Robinson isn't a clear cut selection with Riewoldt or Lambert at least worth a look.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TheTassieHawk

cheers all, I think we are close, my latest thoughts

Def - pick 1 of Witherden, williams and scharanberg, and put another as E. The latter 2 play Friday night and the opposition have forward line troubles at times which may help them be more offensive.

Mid - let's put the E on Pendles to ease the pain of dropping him after he made both the 2016 and 2017 teams. It's a toss up between Gazza and Cotchin for who makes M8 and makes their Team East debut. Gazza's trade to Geelong was clearly about gettiing picked in this game, but my head says Cotchin deserves his chance to line up alongside Rutherglen team-mate Macrae in the guts.

Forward - I am comfortable with De Goey over Walters but don't expect him to kick 6 sausage rolls this week. Either of the Tiges might be worth considering against the Sainters, personally I am OK with Robbo staying in but in reality all these options are a gamble. I think we need 2 onfield and 1 E out of those 5 ?

Rucks - lock in Grundy and Martin 100% - let Sinclair earn his spot next year if he can maintain the rage - I sure hope he can.

• Like Like x 4
  6. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Agree De Goey over Walters
    Not confident in any of the defenders mentioned, true pot luck!
    Agree Ablett not deserving of a spot, however could tear Carlton a new one all the same. My man Scott De Pendlebury = stiff! Cotchin however in fine form
    Rucks - agree

7. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 1