2018 Round Review: Round 10

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, May 27, 2018.

By TheTassieHawk on May 27, 2018 at 5:39 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The Pies, Tiges, Swans, Cats, Bombers and Eagles have won, the Dees are smashing the Crows and the Roos are narrowly leading the Dockers in the 2nd quarter.

SC has thrown up its usual challenges but also some high scores. My plodders managed 2299, with a last minute choice of Gawn as C over Fyfe costing me 2 league matches. How has your team fared ??

As for the poll question - once lockout is over add up your best 22 players season averages and then double your captains score to see what your team should be scoring on a weekly basis
    - ie
    Def = 110, 106, 104, 91, 84, 79 = 574....Mid = 125, 122, 117, 111, 107, 103, 90, 85 = 860
    Ruck = 129, 99 = 228 plus 129C = 357....Fwd = 105, 94, 82, 70, 67, 65 = 483
    TOTAL = 2274

Last edited: May 27, 2018
?

Post round 10 where does your SC team average for best 22 including captains score *2 now fall ??

Poll closed Jun 1, 2018.
  1. less than 2200

5.0%
  2. 2200 to 2249

10.0%
  3. 2250 to 2299

15.0%
  4. 2300 to 2349

15.0%
  5. 2350 to 2399

20.0%
  6. 2400 to 2449

25.0%
  7. 2450 to 2499

5.0%
  8. 2500 plus

5.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, May 27, 2018.

1. Nick
      Nick
      2407, could've been much higher with if went Fyfe captain instead of Titch!

Rolled the dice and kept Henry and Kelly against the Blues - Henry paid off, Kelly didn't.

I think Kelly > Danger this week looks the way to go.
      Although Fritsch is playing well still, Tim Smith needs to come in with that huge negative BE.
    2. Nick
      Nick
      Are we sure Rocky is back to his piglet days? I know he's coming off an average of 100ppg last 2 pages, but he was putrid in the first month.
      Anything that secures him in the Port midfield?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. pollypies
      pollypies
      Does anyone know how many teams make finals in the 10 team leagues?
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I seem to remember it was 8.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Senator96
      Senator96
      I hope no one fell for Deledio temptation when he was smashing it for a few weeks as out for another 10 now according to afl site.

I’m satisfied enough to bring him in nick at that price. Yes he was bad early but he must have been playing injured and looks to be in the midfield again now. It was only a low DE that kept him from getting a really big score against the suns
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Len
      Len
      Other than the Giants you mean :mad::mad::(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::spew:
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Penske file
      Penske file
      No I didn't fall for Deledio, however I am in quite a quandary over Rocky, is he worth a trade to use over bye period make money and upgrade him, or hold off and make better trade of proven premo eg Cripps,Selwood or Macrae if he drops in price a bit. What ???
    8. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'm going Kelly to Danger too. Keeping Fritsch, but I have Stephenson who I'm offloading to Tim Smith
      • Like Like x 1
    9. TheTassieHawk
    10. benny01
      benny01
      Congrats to Sheedy on becoming an AFL Legend
      • Like Like x 3
    11. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Scored 1978, absolutely horrific.
      I was heavy on Port forwards (Gray, Westhoff and Boak) and Hurley at the back out injured with no bench cover in def or fwds so I wore 2 donuts. Even with that its a low score - my best is still a ~2450 in round 1!

My average score should be 2338, think I've only hit that twice.
    12. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      I am going to drop Murray for Smith, swing Sicily to the defence until Hurley is fit again (anyone got info on that?).

And I think it's time for Kelly to go - but I have options here. I was planning to create a space in the Fwds to bring in Heeney, Caddy or McDonald. But I could easily work it so that the vacancy is in the midfield if Danger or Rockliff were worth it.
      Danger seems unlikely to massively burst his BE this week so won't rise that much. Rocky I figure makes cash and doesn't have a bye week to cover for. Any of Heeney/Caddy/McDonald fill a 'best 6' slot most likely.
      Going Rocky still leaves me $330k in the bank to upgrade someone else next week.

Lloyd / Laird / Hurley
      Savage / Doedee / Richards // Murray / Coffield

Macrae / Fyfe / Cripps / TMitchell
      Martin / Merrett / Kelly / Phillips // Higgins / Holman / Brayshaw

Gawn / NicNat // English

Gray / Sicily / Boak
      Westhoff / Fritsch / Spargo // Giles-Langdon / Keeffe
      Last edited: May 30, 2018
    13. anthak
      anthak
      You’ve got a pretty decent team. Spuing you had 4 out in round 10, that wasn’t very good planning really, but hopefully you can make up ground through the byes.

Murray for Smith is a good move. I think Hurley might be back this week, but it still opens up your D/F switch with Keefe/Sicily, so go for it.

Either Rocky or Danger would be a good option for Kelly.

How are you looking for the bye rounds? It seems with so many Port players you might be alright already, so I’d probably grab Danger if you can.

I’m bringing in a fwd and a mid myself, but I’m bringinging in Walters and Rocky. My head tells me not to because it’s too risky, especially with Walters under an injury cloud, and a waste of a trade given I’m downgrading Zerrett to Rocky, but my gut says go for it. I made the trades Sunday night straight after the TS Stats were up and I usually like to back in my first instinct.

It means I pass up on Tim Smith which is a bit of a concern, but I think I’ll still have enough dollars to upgrade my team anyway.

And I already have Danger.

Tim Smith is a good option for you because you’ve still got several more upgrades to go so that Tim Smith cash generation could be really beneficial for you.

Rocky and Danger, it’s tough to decide. As you say, Rocky is cheap and will go up in value quickly, whereas Danger will stay steady in price but will probably net you more points. Go with your gut.
    14. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      I had McDonald in there on Monday. Changed it to Rockliff on Friday. Currently projected to lose all 3 league games by less than the ~100 points this decision cost me... and McDonald's price is going through the roof so won't be able to get him in now at all!