2018 Round Review: Round 11

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Jun 3, 2018.

By TheTassieHawk on Jun 3, 2018 at 8:51 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Tim Kelly bounced back, the other Tim underwhelmed a lot of coaches who brought him in.

Quite a bit of carnage heading into Byes, but those who avoided it could be getting some handy ranking boosts.

Let us know how you went, and how you are placed with the byes now upon us.

?

What is your 2018 overall ranking after Round 11

Poll closed Jun 8, 2018.
  1. Top 500

12.0%
  2. Top 2,000

20.0%
  3. Top 5,000

4.0%
  4. Top 10,000

12.0%
  5. Top 15,000

12.0%
  6. Top 20,000

24.0%
  7. Top 30,000

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Top 40,000

8.0%
  9. 40k plus

8.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Jun 3, 2018.

1. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Fyfe out, Robinson out, Laird and Coniglio under a cloud and 4 teams on bye...not ideal.

Robinson's injury means I'll likely give him the boot and keep Fritsch through the byes instead.
      Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Senator96
      Senator96
      So last week I scored over 2500 and then this week under 2000! I traded out Kelly and Fritsch for Rockliff and Tim smith. That sums it up.

This should have been the easiest of the 3 byes but with injury bullets flying everywhere, poor form from rookies (and many premiums) this could be a nervous Thursday night teams coming up.

Who is jumping on Austin this week? I don’t watch the saints play unless I absolutely have to so not sure what his role is or if this scoring is likely to continue? It is not a good bye to have either but I have Mirra who I never when is going to play so thinking of biting then bullet and cashing him even though he still has a negative break even when he next plays. Ahern and Mihocek look likely pickups well and I think they won’t be play their 3rd games until after their byes.
    3. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      From what I've read, Austin is likely to lose his spot when N Brown and/or Carlisle come back. That could be next week sadly. Furthermore, key defenders rarely score so well, but the ball is in the Saints backline a lot.

Personally I like Mirra in the team, but Hawks injury list is so short right now that there's not much room for rookies. He's probably fighting with Morrison who's got more upside.

Jacob Heron is another on the bubble and has already had his bye. However I don't think his job security is very good either.

Liam Ryan could be back next week as another rookie option.
    4. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Did exactly the same, but lost 2/3 leagues by less than 45 points. With $330k in the bank I could have gone for Danger instead... but most irritating - on the Monday I had swung Boak into midfield to bring in McDonald in the forward line, opening up the swap with Sicily in Defence. But through the week got obsessed with the potential value in Rocky - who now looks like being 2 trades wasted.
    5. stripey
      stripey
      SEN just reported rumours that dusty will not play this weekend.. :confused:
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    6. JC
      JC
      Yeah, there were some tweets doing the rounds yesterday that a big name Tiger wouldn't be travelling this weekend.
    7. Penske file
      Penske file
      • Like Like x 1
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Man, I loaded up players playing the first bye, so that I wouldn't have to trade this week! This is carnage!
      • Like Like x 3
    9. Owen
      Owen
      Sames, I might trade in Westhoff as a result - but I'm not entirely sure I want him. Argh Dusty, Fyfe, Laird, and Cog.
    10. benny01
      benny01
      I only have 5 players with the bye this week but after teams dropped I'm down to 17 fit players
    11. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      15 players available including 6 rookies before trading! 5 premiums that could play out injured. Even bloody Spillings can't keep his spot until Saints bye.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. stripey
      stripey
      upload_2018-6-7_20-35-37.png
      Just saw this and yes I am one of the 8709 poor souls.....
      • Like Like x 4
    13. IPOD
      IPOD
      Smith and Ridley dropped Dusty out with Laird and Fyfe suspended along with byes went from 19 to 13 (14 if Guelfi is selected) take the hit this week nothing to see and move on
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      can one of the admins please post a round 12 teams thread - i won't get to it until late Friday at this rate !
    15. anthak
      anthak
      Omg, I’ve not seen carnage like this before. I’m down to 14 players, so even with 3 trades I’ve got a donut!
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Ditto! #OneOfUs
    17. anthak
      anthak
      Me too
    18. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Me too, plus I'm missing Mitch Robinson too.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1