2015 Round Review: Round 22.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Aug 30, 2015.

By walesy on Aug 30, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, who won a grand final?
    Second question, next week still applies to the overall ranking right? :D

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. jamhead
      jamhead
      Pre-scaling I got home in GF by 14 points (I'm dreading the scaling, have refreshed about 68 times so far).
      Massive thanks to all involved here at TS and everyone who commented and contributed through the year.
      Crappy overall for me this year, but plan to be back bigger and better next year!
      Have a top off season all!
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are up.

Congrats to all the ORRF* grand finalists!!!
    3. tAdmin
    4. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Thanks Chief.
      After battling for the timber-ware over the last three seasons, the Lefties are jumpin about making the GF.

7th vs 8th in the ORFFA Granny!
    5. Hazey1977
      Hazey1977
      Won 1, Lost 2 (1 by 1pt).... Damn you Alex Pearce.

Pretty shocking year and only score 2164 this week.

Would be interesting to see if there was a bigger standard deviation in scores this year? It just felt like everyone was a little more inconsistent.
    6. Owen
      Owen
      Won my main cash league even though I had Selwood, Buddy, Gibson, Griffen all get below 68. I had resigned to the fact I was going to lose but Captain Rockliff versus Captain Goldstein saved the day.
    7. TopHeavy
      TopHeavy
      2/2 in my finals this week
      Happy with Lumumba and Fyfe --------> Burgoyne and Barlow paying off nicely
    8. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Didn't make my chashy grand final, but won all 7 of the grand finals I was in so pretty happy with that 2399 for the round. Bring on next year!!
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Tell you who doesn't need to win another Jar. :D
    10. graeme
      graeme
      Interesting point Hazey, it seemed as though there were more monster scores this years. Given that the 3300 points per game is a constant that suggests more putrid scores than previously also.

The evidence might only occur in an analysis of the standard deviation of each individual player's scores round by round as opposed to individual player's average scores for the years. Which requires a bit more effort to extract. If you have you the data (a minimum of three years) I probably have the time to crunch the numbers.
    11. Lucas
      Lucas
      Relton is ordering the snags and the beers for Mad Monday as we speak. We offer an invitation for Sarah Island members to travel north for a big week of celebration regardless of the result.
    12. TheTassieHawk
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      3 out of 5 grand finals were won, and 2 lost by 17 and 29 points after poor VC and Captaincy scores from Goldy and Priddis

Cant complain though after taking out the Div1 Title with Div 1 ranked in the top 70 leagues as the lowest qualifier of the 18 coaches. We will end up as clear #2 in the Leageu rankings behinf Div 4 which is ranked 44 !!

I also snagged a 2nd win in 5 seasons in the Yahoo Too Serious League which is normally ranked in the top 80-120 leagues, helped by Ling's Bling throwing a hail Mary or 2 for the $50k in recent weeks.

After smashing it in recent weeks my ranking dropped by around 100 spots this week, and I may fall outside the top 2000 next week with plenty of my players being mentioned as outs.

Happy Days !!

14. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      not to mention one of the boys is 13th overall in divi4.. Lings Bling well done..