2018 FA MSD Trade/Draft Discussion and Banter Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Yup up until 26th

• Like Like x 2
  2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

woo hoo. List vandalism here we come.

• Like Like x 3
  3. chris88

As per usual, I have ended up one MSD pick short of what I would like (despite missing out by "this much" - a very small amount - on drafting that Irish defender I was after).

So, to that end, anyone that has picks left in the draft but isn't keen on using them, I'm putting Aliir Aliir up for trade.

If you have a spot on your list for Aliir, or reckon he's got more potential than what is left in the MSD/free agent pool, let me know and we'll see if we can come to an arrangement.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Len

5. Len

TTH let me know earlier he would probably struggle to get on before 8.30 tonight at least to pick, so not a good time to bait breath :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Hey ORFFANs, not trade related but just thought I'd let you know that Dylan and his wife, Francesca, had a baby boy, Wyatt, on Tuesday night. He's our first grandchild - we are now officially old farts. Young Wyatt has had a tough start but we had some good news today. After a six hour heart operation this morning, he is doing well and is functioning under his own steam without the aid of any medical machinery. Have a great trade period and thanks to TTH for looking after the Nuffers.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Len

Congrats mate :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Len

9. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Great news Andy, look forward to seeing Wyatt become the #1 Nuffers ticket holder

• Like Like x 1
  10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

"A tough start" - still the master of the understatement andy. :) Have something medicinal for me amigo.

11. Len

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

Young Wyatt Earp - welcome young man !!

13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Five picks to go; not too early to thank Len for another well organised draft - you rock my man.

• Like Like x 6
  14. chris88

Excellent! Welcome Wyatt and lots of good thoughts headed your way.

15. Len

16. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

With the MSD over the Nuffers will continue to makeover their squad if we can reach agreement with the other coaches. We are still keen to move on one or more youngsters with Jack Petrucelle (2018 PSD Pick 56, 1 AFL game) and triple banger project ruckman Callum Coleman-Jones up for discussion.

We don't expect many of our depth players to be of much interest to the other teams. We may be open to trading out some key players if we can negotiate a trade giving us more players capable of averaging 80 plus in exchange, or a package of high draft picks with dud players as makeweight.
    @Fitzy - Guelfi will be traded for your 2019 PSD 1st and 2nd Rounders and your worst player back, pm me so we can complete the deal this weekend :) .
    2019 PSD = 1st (Nuffers), 2nd (Nuffers), 4th (Devils), 4th (Dirigibles)

It will take a heck of a deal to shift our 2019 PSD 1st and 2nd Rounders out but I expect that to change in the 2019 pre-season draft period when the PSD draft order has been established and more precise deals can be made. Similarly for the 2019 MSD 1st Rounder.

I will respond to pm's when I can however I may need to prioritise the ORFFF draft in the early stages of the trade period.

Cheers TTH

• Like Like x 1
  17. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I’m up for trading too.

I’m keen to improve my fwds.

If anyone has a decent fwd they will trade in exchange for a decent mid, PM me.

18. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I didn't have any pms over the weekend discussing Nuffers players but I am interested in testing the current worth of one Kade Simpson who I assume will appeal most to teams chasing the 2018 and 2019 flags rather than cellar dwellars.

I would prefer packages of a player plus one or more 2019 PSD picks, clearly the better the player offered the crapper the draft pick's can be and I am willing to take on a dud player if the draft pick component is decent enough and vice versa. If nothing outstanding is offered privately I may put him up for auction later in the week where I would I will package him with the Devils 2019 4th Round PSD, or else try again in the 2019 pre-season.

Cheers TTH

19. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Wowee, there's a massive name on the table

20. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I’d been enquiring about Kade Simpson both before and after @melbandy resigned, and was prepared to offer quite a bit, but now that I’ve traded for Rory Laird instead, I don’t think I’ll get involved.

Even thought they’re all injured at present, I’m fairly happy with my backline