2018 Mid Season Trades

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Jun 3, 2018.

1. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

confirmed :)

2. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Huzzah!! Crossing several weeks, countless pm’s, three countries and a lot of alcohol, Coolgardie have agreed to terms with Ararat.

The Prospectors send MSD pick 9 and Zac Bailey to the Armadillos for Trent Dumont, Ararat’s PSD R1 and MSD R2 (2019).

The locals are said to be split on the agreement as it is quite a large price to pay and favourite son Dumont leaves us, however the Dillos list management team was frustrated with several other deals falling by the wayside and wanted to get something done.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Trade confirmed.
    The Prospectors are saddened to see young prospect Zac Bailey leave the Goldfields, but we're more than happy to have established mid Trent Dumont join the side. While giving up MSD9 negatively effects our current draft strategy, the future options will be very useful.
    Thanks to Ararat and the list management team for entertaining the trade negotiations. There's no point in getting a trade completed in the first hour - what are you going to do for the next couple of weeks?

• Like Like x 3
  4. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Christmas Island and Coolgardie have agreed to a pick swap which sees @JPK send MSD27 to the Smugglers in exchange for MSD R2 (2019).

• Like Like x 1
  5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Confirmed.

6. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

The Barracudas send MSD 21 to the Prairie Dogs for MSD Rnd 2 (2019) @Batfink

7. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

Trade confirmed.

8. YAD69

The Barracudas send MSD 36 to the Armadillos MSD Rnd 3 (2019) @insider

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Korumburra and Pearcedale have come to terms on a trade which sees the Panthers MSD pick 14 exchanged for the Blowflys PSD Round 4 pick

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  10. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

11. insider

Officially my first ever trade veto.
    Normally I think a coaches trades are his own business, however you can’t have a sook about people missing an arbitrary delist cutoff on one hand, then profit from it on the other.
    Ridiculous double standard and profiteering.

V E T O

12. YAD69

Veto

13. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Veto

14. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

Veto

15. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I have to veto this as well. I’ve never vetoed a trade before but this is just too lop sided. I generally rate a 1st rnd MSD as similar to a 2nd rnd PSD so the trade as it currently stands is way outside of this; if it had been more equitable then I wouldn’t have an issue.

With regards to the trading of non-live picks, maybe we need to follow the AFL and only take into the draft the same number of picks as list spaces. There should be no issue trading the picks before lists are finalised but once delistments are complete and number of selections are known the non-live picks should be binned and removed from trade conversations. If however you trade a live pick during the draft and there are no other picks from the same draft involved then your replacement selection should be in the first round after all live picks have been used.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Veto

17. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

18. insider

Yep. Per the rules only 5 are needed.

@tyze1 youre up. Last pick is void

19. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

I'll try and keep this brief but that will be difficult in this situation.

So on 1. As far as I was aware there is no rule in place that says we can't trade picks we are unable to use. As @ddsaints mentioned - I'm not spending hours trawling through old posts.

Can we have a clear ruling on this ASAP. If there is no clear rule against this than neither I nor @TigersTooTough have broken any rules by making this trade.

If there is no clarity on this we will have to vote and look to make a change at the end of the season - as far as I'm aware we all agreed to NOT CHANGE RULES DURING THE SEASON

For clarity on how this trade came about - I thought of the idea after @YAD69 made the folllowing trades with @Batfink and @insider

The Barracudas send MSD 21 to the Prairie Dogs for MSD Rnd 2 (2019)

The Barracudas send MSD 36 to the Armadillos MSD Rnd 3 (2019)

Both of these trades happened after the delistment deadline once @YAD69 realised he couldn't use those picks and found another way tp get some value out of them - by trading them for future picks.

I couldn't remember this sutuation coming up previously but assumed that it was a perfectly legal option after both of these trades went through, nothing was said and multiple thumbs up were given.

Are myself and @ddsaints the only ones who notice something very wrong here!?

20. YAD69

There are 2 major differences here:
    1. The Barracuda trades were fair and equitable not loop sided and there no veto’s were issue by any coach; and
    2. The Barracuda trades were completed prior to the MSD 2018 starting.

Regardless of if a draft pick is no longer owned once delistment cut off has passed is really a secondary point because the trade is now vetoed.