2018 Mid Season Draft

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Pick 14. Void / pick not available

@tyze1

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2018
  4. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to make a call that the draft gets paused here waiting for an outcome or clearance for the trade effecting the next pick.

I don't want to hold this up for too long (and this was always my concern with trading during the draft) - so anyone who has issue (of which there are currently two coaches) please post asap, otherwise the trade will be ratified and the draft will continue.

5. JPK

...and just noticed that Mick was posting the same time I was.

...and now there's 3 vetos.

HOLD STILL STANDS

6. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Sorry Gents, have remained silent on all this today given I was next cab off the rank. That, kids soccer and friends over for dinner means busy days. I digress.

Pick 15 - Mason Redman joins the Bulls

@Mick

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. JPK

I'm fine with that.
    Sorry for my absence - refer to other post...

9. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

I’m too pissed off to put real life aside and spend any more time and thought into picking a new player right now.

Likewise for adding any more to the discussions around this situation.

@tyze1 has made things more difficult by selecting the player that I had previously picked (Mason Redman) and obviously would’ve quickly selected with my next pick - the very next pick instead.

Shit form but you’re perfectly within “the rules” and “the spirit of this competition” by doing so.

Thanks to all the good blokes with the messages of support, talking common sense - publicly and privately.

The phrase “fucked over” has been used repeatedly by many and I have to agree that that pretty much sums up this situation.

The arsehole faction must be like pigs in shit right now - literally. Enjoy your moment “gentlemen”. This couldn’t have worked out better if you’d planned it.

I’ll choose my new player in due course and post when required to - all within the rules of course.

10. JPK

Have sent Mick a PM, but will post here for openness.
    Korumburra have until 18:44 Melbourne time to use MSD pick 16, otherwise they will automatically get Richmond midfielder Anthony Miles (as the highest averaging free agent prior to the start of the draft).

Edit: had 16:44 but its actually 18:44 Melbourne time.
    My mistake with timestamps.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  11. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Pick 16 - Ed Phillips

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

13. JPK

Gentlemen, we're going to need to hurry this along now, please.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Sam Murray

@JPK

15. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Sorry Mick, @Mick I was quite happy to stay silent on the trade veto discussion as I was next pick in the draft order so I didn't want to have seen to be having any agenda had I made any comments good bad or indifferent - fully knowing who I would have taken with my next pick. So I gave you the respect by staying out of it.

However I won't stay silent whilst your having a direct swipe at me and I refer to your 'shit form' comments.

Its very simple to me - In no way shape or form should I compromise (further compromise this draft in some eyes) who I decide to draft at pick 15 all because you feel aggrieved that 7 (or thereabouts) coaches vetoed your trade hence making it null & void and removing your rights to pick 14. Rightly or wrongly the rules are the rules and enough coaches felt strongly enough on that trade to veto and that is their prerogative to do so.

In fact I didn't know who had next pick in the draft until in the process of posting looked at who was next in the queue which happened to be you. Again this is irrelevant and I ask - At what point should Redman been left on the table? Until your next pick - No. The answer to that is whichever coach deemed him to be the next best prospect for their team and at pick 15 the Bulls believed him to be the man. As a bombers man I hope this boy is a 150 gamer!

All I can do is commend you on choice of draftee as Redman and Phillips are both seemingly excellent pick ups at this point in the draft.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Fair enough @tyze1 - you weren’t part of the V7 - you had no influence on what happened other than taking the player I had already selected at pick 14 who was now suddenly available again (at pick 15) - and that you were the only coach in a position to do it (because I was already holding pick 16).

From my angle It felt like kicking a man when he was down. From your angle, like I said, you were perfectly within your rights to do so. You don’t owe me anything and you’ve got every right to pick who you think is the best available player.

It just hurts double as a Bombers man myself obviously and if I was in your position I would’ve thought that this blokes been “fucked over” enough and I’ll at least let him get the player he wanted with the very next pick as some sort of consolation. I reckon that decision would’ve been roundly applauded and would’ve gone some way towards immediately righting this ship back in the direction of what I’d always hoped is “the true spirit of this competition”.

Geez that all sounds ridiculously over the top! Wasn’t this whole thing just supposed to be a bunch of blokes having some fun with a fantasy footy keeper league!?

Cheers for the kudos on the picks anyway - it obviously would’ve been nicer to have Redman and Phillips added to my squad but I guess in a way your saying it was always one or the other.

Hopefully both players go on to become guns

• Like Like x 2
  17. JPK

With pick 18, and completing our squad for the rest of the season, Coolgardie will take Fremantle forward (and hopefully ruckman when Sandilands retires at the end of this season), Michael Apeness.

Its your crack at the cherry @martyg

• Like Like x 3
  18. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  19. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  20. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3