2018 FA MSD Trade/Draft Discussion and Banter Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 3, 2018.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

A decent forward > Dixon (who has a 77avg, was 90avg last year), hardly a massive ask in my book.

If @anthak was turning down bids for low to mid 80s forwards that might be a fair call @Bandit - perhaps he has privately but I am fairly shocked he wasn't at least getting lowball offers in the auction. Things seem much quieter post MSD, I guess most are happy with their list and are looking to scrape into the 8 then win 3 in a row when it counts.

• Like Like x 1
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

This.

3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

"Things seem much quieter post MSD, I guess most are happy with their list and are looking to scrape into the 8 then win 3 in a row when it counts."

I suggest you missed a two words out TTH - "hope to"; as in "Things seem much quieter post MSD, I guess most are happy with their list and are looking to scrape into the 8 then hope to win 3 in a row when it counts.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

As far as this year goes injuries have killed my chances in two leagues and left me with a joke of a team in the third.
    As a result I am only interested in deals that improve me next year, given the positional gods have to be considered I have little idea what that statement looks like, so no bold squad moves until December for me.

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I almost bid. I would've liked to have plonked in an offer because another mid in 2019 would be really handy.

But right now I seem to have a whole heap of backs and forwards who are mids ... the forwards I'd perhaps consider trading (not necessarily in this deal, as they might not meet reserve) would include Newnes and WHE ... but they are both mid only right now.

And trading away a current forward could leave me short there for the remainder of the season.

A trade like this might be something to consider later in the year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

I also want to be clear that I’m not getting rid of Polec because I don’t want him. He’s only on the table because I thought he has good value. He’s currently got the best season average of all my mids and he’s still got so much upside given his age etc.

He’s an original Cocky too, I drafted him in our inaugural draft, so he holds a special place on our list.

Not that that makes him sacrosanct, the only other players I’ve still got on my list from that inaugural draft are: Shannon Hurn, Mitch Wallis and Chris Masten, so I’m clearly able to move them on, but they do still mean something special to me :)

7. TheTassieHawk

@chris88 and for anyone else who may be interested

For those of you who are semi interested in Jared Polec of the Cockatoos but are worried about trading out a forward for a mid unbalancing your team in 2018 or beyond then consider whether a 3 party deal might work for you

3rd Party - trades out an 80s avg Forward to the Cockies, an 80s average Mid and a PSD pick inside #42 to the Nuffers
    - trades in Polec (from the Cockatoos) and Charlie Dixon (from the Nuffers), gaining in the mids but losing slightly in the forwards

Cockatoos - trades out Polec and receives an 80s average forward

Nuffers - trades out Dixon and receives an 80s average Mid and a PSD pick inside #42

While it's difficult to get these types of deals to work just putting it out there to see if it stirs up some interest in the next 2 or 3 hours.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. anthak

I’m happy to work out something along these lines if there’s another party interested

9. TheTassieHawk

Spot on @graeme

10. anthak

20 minutes left of the trade period.

I’m still open to offers for me to gain a fwd in exchange for one of my mids.

I’m happy to include my 3rd round PSD and/or my 1st round MSD if the player is right.