ORFFA Round 13 - Teams & Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Jul 5, 2018.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, reading these two comments I realise I may have still misunderstood you @snoz

Yeah, if Selwood hadve scored poorly, I probably would’ve put Masten in my 15 on the interchange and Ryan Griffen as mid emergency.
    I still had time to make a decision because Selwood played Thursday night.

• Like Like x 1
  2. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hahahaha I’m so dumb!! Can you tell I don’t loop! Selwood is locked but Birch wasn’t. Finally I get it !! Thanks Ant & TTH for trying to get it into my thick skull !!

I don’t like the loop but it is legal so fair play. Tabled to end of year discussions......

• Like Like x 4
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Complete parallel on the injury front for the Misfits and the Giants continues apace:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. anthak

@graeme I'm sorry, I feel that I overreacted in my response to what seems to be just a simple misunderstanding...

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Despite Birdsville's coach's claims to the contrary, it was going to take a fair effort to beat his talented team, especially when 7 of them were playing either Carlton or Gold Coast (fantasy points galore).

Six of the seven scored at or above season average. Most well above, and that was the difference.

Congrats Battlers. I wish Richmond had the chance to play Carlton again ....

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

I think you smashed me @Len !!
    I havent added it all up, but looking through the teams lots of your players did well and lots of mine didnt haha, which should result in a fairly easy win for your mob :)

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I never track the other team tbh, I managed around 1420, would have been better if I'd played Tomlinson, and suspect Fantasia outscores Caleb's 72

• Like Like x 2
  8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Why didn't you loophole Tomlinson? :D

• Like Like x 5
  9. snoz

snoz Moderator

Phew, fell over the line agst the Lilacs - limping thru thru the rest of the season.

10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Very gracious @anthak - no dramas at this end. You know I enjoy the banter as much as the next person.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thanks, @chris88 . I'm away visiting family so I haven't paid much attention to this stuff in the past week, so I didn't notice which teams my lot were playing. Genuinely surprised with the result, though, given I have 3 playing mids and one reliable forward (I don't think anyone saw a 130 from Hipwood coming!) but match ups obviously helped me, as did your unfortunate donut in the ruck.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

This is the sort of bullshit that I'm referring to... if you are loopholing then fine, it's part of the rules, but don't say it wasn't intentional at the start.

I wouldn't do it even if I was in Fitzy's spot. Not saying you shouldn't etc, because it is within the rules, I just choose not to. I name what I believe is my best 15, week in week out. they may not be very good, but I believe they are my best 15. Note that I didn't take offence to the comment... the emoji's made me realise it was tongue in cheek

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Haha, not sure if that was a subtle dig or if it’s unintentionally ironic as I do in fact loophole. Didn’t realise there was a debate about it, it’s within the rules and helps you score as much as possible so I can’t see why not. I had K.Jack emg Thursday night and with a first quarter injury I was happy to not have to let that touch the field :).

Didn’t even realise there were protesters... fair bump, play on.

On another note, boy I’d love Toby Greene back ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

i reckon if Eric did that every week it wouldn't be a bad Hipwood @JC . I'm a bit jealous, I asked questions over the summer... I reckon he might be something special if he can get some meat on the bones

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. chris88

Agree Bandit. strong hands and a very good set shot kick.

16. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yep, for sure mate. He was getting into the habit of looking for the ball over the back, but since the bye he's been leading hard at the ball and got his hands out in front to mark it. He's averaging six shots at goal per game since the bye so hopefully the penny has dropped.

• Like Like x 3
  17. anthak

the whole point i was trying to make was that im always telling the truth, but that i think sometimes it might not look that way. You can believe it or not. There have only been two occasions where Ive ended up loopholing a player when I hadnt put the player as emergency for that purpose initially (one was this week in the ORFFF, the other was earlier this year with Jenkins in the ORFFA). Every other time, I've been out and proud and unashamed. I've never hid anything or told lies about it... what would be the point.
    Anyway, I keep saying the same thing over and over again in different ways trying to explain the first comment I made regarding this, and Im not sure Im getting anywhere....

Im glad you didnt take offence and saw it as it was intended :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I am enjoying watching the young Lions develop. Yeah, I've got a couple but that's not the only reason. Clearly, Hodge has been influential in organising the defenders. I also see Zorko and Robinson talking to the forwards after good and bad plays, and the young guys reactions are so positive. Then you see in the rooms afterwards the respect they have for Fagan and the way they take in what he's saying. Terrific stuff, the progress the team and the club has made this year is a lesson I hope the other lower ranked teams are absorbing.

• Like Like x 3
  19. chris88

Fagan appears to be a very very good fit for that team. A lot of potential at Brisbane and they seem to be going about it the right way.

• Like Like x 2