Round 19 Review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Jul 29, 2018.

By TheTassieHawk on Jul 29, 2018 at 7:06 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

SC League home and away is done and dusted. Only 4 weeks to go for those focusing on overall finish instead.

My team won 4 out of 5 but lost in my main league so I have missed finals in all leagues, so with only 1 trade left it is gong to be a pretty boring finish to the year for me.

How did your team go?

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Jul 29, 2018.

1. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      2458 and 3/3 wins - very pleased the gamble paid off (I used my last 2 trades)

In one league I'd been 8th and level with people in 5th through 9th so a loss risked missing finals - and I was projected to lose by 14. I traded in Macrae and won, jumped from 8th to 4th so now also have a safety net next week (although given I'm in good injury shape now I would rather the GF was imminent!).

Also that score was with some poor performances - 3 defenders in the 70s (Savage, Hurley and Crisp) and all of my forwards being rather underwhelming - Westhoff (85) Heeney (91) McLean (80) Gray (65) Darling (62) and Boak (80), of those only Heeney and Boak scored around what I expect them to.
      If a handful more start picking up their consistency I ought to be hitting 2600 and that's with Higgins and Ahern on the bench - although both are consistently performing better than Rockliff and Darling right now...
      • Like Like x 3
    2. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      No trades for me this week.

The only two I would like to bring in (Macrae and Danger) I can't afford.

I will back my current team against any other available players. Eg Franklin or McLean are just as likely to go big as Hawkins or Breust.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. walesy
      walesy
      Looks like Higgins is out for a week
    4. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      How many trades Steve? I have 4.
    5. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      2 left.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. TheTassieHawk
    7. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Ryan (WC), T. Smith (MEL) named. Holy crap. Saved my bacon if they play.

Savage out sucks.
    8. Owen
      Owen
      If Ryan plays it ruins my loop holing, if both are named I would say it would ruin quite a few people's loop hole plans.
    9. IPOD
      IPOD
      Ruins your loophole? No Olango? Espicially with Gawn having a 3.20 sunday game too
    10. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Not those of us who brought in Brander :p
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Looking at a Howe replacement:

:thumbsu: McGovern
      :thumbsd: Brayshaw
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    12. Owen
      Owen
      Ruins my forward emergency loophole. Captains loophole is fine with bench ruck. I'm assuming most people have a decent bench player that they emergency loop in on a couple of lines. I mean if people still have Ahern he's at least worth looking at.
    13. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      And risk a late withdrawal?
      Not the way I'd like to lose a final.
    14. IPOD
      IPOD
      I still have bad memories of trying to get Mihoceks 101 the other week and getting keefe on and he then being a late in and copping his 25
    15. anthak
      anthak
      It helps a lot to have a non player on each line, or donuts you can DPP around to loophole multiple lines.
      Last year I used it all very well, but this year almost all of my players are playing every week :(
    16. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Don't see a new thread.
      So how's everybody going?

I'm 1537/13 including TMitch's C score.

Lucky I didn't trade out Buddy.