ORFFA 2018 Finals Weeks 1 & 2

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by JC, Aug 8, 2018.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@Len Huge LOL. "I typically have 20 fat players....." Keep thinking of the Suns - their coach could drop a pound or two as well.

Cradle Mountain. As BT says, Wowee.

• Like Like x 4
  2. snoz

snoz Moderator

Squashed flat !!! Congrats @jimbowan !!!!

• Like Like x 3
  3. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

BL @snoz not quite sure where that big score came from, singing Jack definitely helped the cause. Lets see if we can keep this fairy tale going a little longer, seems like it could be anyone's premiership this year.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

These be the outcomes for week 1

upload_2018-8-13_10-35-17.png

• Like Like x 2
  5. TerryinBangkok

Anyone do a write-up and can we post the draw for this week on here?

6. Len

@That KI Guy should have the review managed, the Plate draw is done per precedent.

Pretty sure @graeme just need to let @JC know whom his choice of opponent is and then we can post it.
    Happy to change this to be a finals week 1 and 2 mate :)

7. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah don’t have any formal review roster for finals.
    If anyone wants to stick their hand up to review last weekend or coming weeks then wave it knowingly in here.

8. TerryinBangkok

Regrettably, think we have lost the momentum a bit for last round - happy to do the Granny Wrap if no one wants it.
    Perhaps we could include finals in the roster next year?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yep, have already contacted @graeme , who will get back to me at his earliest inconvenience.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I can't do this weeks review sorry... started new job today!

11. TerryinBangkok

POQ. You just concentrate on getting Kelly up for this week. Typical of the fruit tingles to have a maggot sniper as their captain. Man has a history and should cop a few.

• Like Like x 2
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's only Monday arvo so I'm not sure how much momentum has been lost - we rarely see a review posted by now. I'm getting concerned about your attention span, Terry. Either that or you're suffering from G.O.M.S.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TerryinBangkok

Anyone with a half decent attention span would note that I always do my reviews after walesy posts results on Sunday night (being 3 hours behind helps). Not that they necessarily get posted on TS on the Sunday night, or even Monday morning. I am guessing, but think people tend to look at all footy results first thing Monday am then move on to the hum drum.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TerryinBangkok

PS. I would have offered but honestly, the finals system for the big boys confuses me (having never been there) and I would have stuffed it up. Kind of amazed that R2 you still get to select your opponent. Anyway, another time........

• Like Like x 2
  15. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So Grumpy Old Man Syndrome it is? :p

• Like Like x 4
  16. TerryinBangkok

Easy enough for you mystery people. I have an avatar to live up to.

• Like Like x 2
  17. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Commiserations on the loss @Fitzy, the Vultures had some bad luck with Gaff’s suspension, Kruezer’s late withdrawal and the Devils playing their best game of the season. I hope Venus Bay are dealt a much better hand at the business end of the 2019 season regarding injuries and suspensions.

@graeme now has the choice of the Devils or the Misfits for the Cows preliminary final opponent. For much of the season you could have written your own ticket on this scenario unfolding as during the 2018 ORFFA home and away season the only time that the Devils and Misfits were both in the eight was after the final round. The previous time before Round 17 that either side was in the eight was Round 2 for the Devils and Round 6 for the Misfits

The Devils highest ladder position was fifth straight out of the blocks after Round 1 and the Misfits highest ladder position was seventh after Round 4. From Round 13 to Round 16 the Devils and Misfits were in 9th and 10th position respectively, both won in the final round, had some results go their way and snuck into seventh and eighth position respectively.

Cradle Mountain were kicking with a gale in the first quarter of their final against Venus Bay with seven players in action in the Friday night game, CMD are going to have the use of a gale in the opening quarter of their prelim as well, albeit the gale will be marginally down on speed compared to their first final, with six Devils likely to feature in the Friday night battle of the sashes match comprised of four Bombers and two Tigers - five of these players rank in the CMD top 10 for 2018 average with the outlier being AMT who kicked a career-best five goals against Venus Bay.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Len

I believe CMD to be a better team for this week if Kelly misses, if he plays it's more line ball with the Misfits possibly slightly in front.
    Like the Giants the Misfits have ridden an injury cursed chariot this year, it should not surprise if that proves to be our undoing :)

CMD would would be very worthy grand finalists

19. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I’m fairly sure that in previous years, the top ranked team in 2nd week could choose any of the other three teams as their opponent. So Iron Knob should be in with a shot as well.

20. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I dont know the rule for sure but surely this makes sense that @graeme can pick any of the remaining teams he chooses?