ORFFA Franchise Change

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

As you all know we have had to say goodbye to @chris88 though only in so far as his coaching role, as he will no doubt be a frequent visitor.

Chris has made a wonderful contribution to this league over the last 7 years and he will definitely be missed, though @Jen 's ongoing involvement will mean we won't get rid of him altogether :)

With this opening up a coach slot I was, as on the last two occasions, keen for a coach new to the ORFF to take over the team if possible, new blood brings meaningful and ongoing fresh involvement for the site that is highly desirable.

My brother has agreed to come on board and is keen to get involved in the keeper league world.
    Fortunately as a committed Sainter he won't be stealing my oranges, big tick imho.
    As stated when this was round tabled before proceeding, I will be as reluctant to trade with him as I am with Tracey, just to keep everything above board..

@DaveH has decided to name the team the "Nowhere Else Wanderers" and will get a thread up an running soonish..

He will no doubt get plenty of bullshit advice from me, so may need to lean on the less shady of you lot for actual helpful advice :p

• Like Like x 5
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Welcome @DaveH ... good to see you don't support orange, not so good that you support the Saints, but I can't be too choosy I guess!

• Like Like x 1
  3. snoz

snoz Moderator

Welcome aboard @DaveH - some free advice, I’m the best coach to trade with and everyone else sucks........o_O

• Like Like x 5
  4. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the mad house @DaveH , my advice would be if someone tells you to go get stuffed, don't take it to seriously as its reasonably frequent around here. Oh and also never, never, never trade a playing ruckman.

• Like Like x 3
  5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Best of luck @DaveH - with Messers May and Adams looking to move clubs you might have a much changed and improved defensive mix in 2019.

The spirit of the Blimps will be with you (or at least, all the hot air will be with you). good luck, find a ruckman and a midfielder and hope that the wonderful Shane Edwards continues to provide stellar service.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DaveH

DaveH Member

Thanks for the welcome guys, steep learning curve, all comments related to the Saints completely justified. Happy to take on board
    all shady advice and will happily "get stuffed" when required! Looking forward to holding up the long standing St Kilda tradition of
    losing in style. Cheers.

• Like Like x 7
  7. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Welcome @DaveH, great to have you on board. Ignore the advice above - the cows are the only side to trade with; we have a history of fair play and paying overs! :p A Saints man huh, well I suggest you pop over to the auction thread and get excited!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

*cough* :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Len, let it go. I did not want to sell Jamie Elliott, but you insisted. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  10. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Hideho @DaveH
    Great to have u aboard.
    Feel free to send a hearty get stuffed to all these back handed try-hards and their attempts to lead u astray. Especially those sporting orange coloured glasses.

Now if ur in the market to offload a first round pick, hit me up:D

• Like Like x 3
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is like saying Charles Ponzi or Bernie Madoff were only concerned with the greater public good. :p:D

• Like Like x 3
  12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Welcome :)
    You’ve inherited a good squad, it should be a fun side to play with. I hope you enjoy your time here in the FA.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. What's the future look like for Paddy McCartin?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Welcome @DaveH

You have been left with a great squad, I can say that now that @chris88 has parted ways with being a coach at least.

• Like Like x 2