NBA Draft Date and Draft Order

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Sep 29, 2015.

By Steve on Sep 29, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

There is now less than 30 days until the season starts. Teams have now assembled for training camp and the preseason games will commence towards the end of this week.

During the next week you should receive an email asking you to join your respective league. Please accept this invitation as soon as possible.

The draft for all leagues will be held on Sunday 25th of October at 10pm (AEDST).

This will give everyone an opportunity to assess the preseason games and take into account which players are injured at the time of the draft.

If you can't make the live draft, you can set up a pre draft list whereby the system will select the next available player on your list when it is your turn.

You can also participate in the mock drafts in the ESPN fantasy basketball site to get a feel as to how the draft works.

In regards to the draft, the following will apply:

There will be 60 seconds between each pick

Leading up to the draft, teams will be able to trade picks. I will set up the draft pick order in the ESPN site this weekend.

For those of you have not played ESPN fantasy basketball, feel free to ask any questions in the comments below and someone will be able to answer your question.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Sep 29, 2015.

1. stowie
      stowie
      Was a good game. Surprised the Hawks were able to hang around without Rhys Martin and Lisch.

Scored 459 with Chill and Lisch both on the court :(
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
    3. anthak
      anthak
      I sent you an offer a couple of days ago. Did you get it?

4. anthak
      anthak
      Sorry, ive only just seen this comment now.
      Ive just gone into your league and it looks like youve been able to sort it out now.

Are there any further issues?

5. crossy
      crossy
      yeah also wondering whats happening with it, hopefully trav sees our messages soon
    6. Jmulldihno
      Jmulldihno
      Any update on this lads?? Running out of time to organise a draft!
    7. stowie
      stowie
      Just got the league email from trav, keen to go around again.
    8. Pearcey47
      Pearcey47
      I will not be able to do the write-ups for Div 1 this year sorry. Someone else may want to volunteer?
    9. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Not long now until draft night. Hope all are getting their last minute research in. What do you think are my chances of AD sliding to 9th pick?

Just thought I'd let those in control know that the waiver order in Premier League still needs to be set prior to the draft.

See you at the draft lads!
    10. Rad_E_Cool
      Rad_E_Cool
      When is the latest that trades of draft picks be done and still get approved in time for the draft?
    11. Steve
      Steve
      I am sure Ant would be aware of it.

I see that both you and Ant have been very active with the trading of draft picks.

I watched a bit of the Celtics/Knicks game last night at a sports restaurant in New Orleans.

Sitting at the airport waiting for our flight to Orlando via Atlanta. Can't work out why airlines do not have direct flights here in the States.
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Hey mate, i hadnt seen this question, and i actually emailed everyone about this last night.

In years gone past, we've allowed trades to continue to be accepted and a LM has forced it through before the draft.

I think the latest that can happen is an hour before the draft.

Im not making firm promises on this though, because its all dependent on me actually getting online to do it. Which I'll probably be able to, but something may stop me.

13. anthak
      anthak
      I'll check this out now
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Hey, thanks for raising this L6. I actually wasnt aware of it.
      In previous seasons, I think the waiver order automatically set up in reverse order of the draft. It may have still done it when the draft generated, but Ive gone an adjusted them all manually just in case.

Should be all good now. Let me know if any issues...

15. anthak
      anthak
      Drafts are open!
      Pick 1 will be on the clock in about 36 minutes :)

After the drafts, I'll try and post the results in a new thread.

Good luck everyone :)

16. chris88
      chris88
      To those in Division 3 - everyone can be assured of a win when playing my mob. Clearly no time for any meaningful research means I'm just making up the numbers ... though if it helps the league have a full quota, that's OK as well.