2019 PS Auctions

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Oct 12, 2018.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I'm sorry mate. I don't follow that..
    I'm not asking for something that doesn't meet reserve.....I'm asking for something that does and a probable #16-18 pick in the MSD doesn't meet my reserve...
    It may meet the value you place on him but it doesn't meet mine.

2. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

@choppers That's not what you put in you auction blurb, "psd 2019 or msd 2019", perhaps you needed to say top 10 msd 2019 rather than just msd 2019, then bidders would know where to start?

I still think you're fishing!

3. choppers

@YAD69 OK fair enough. I didn't word my Auction notice correctly, is that what you're referring to.

Am I allowed to edit my original post or is that a no-no

4. choppers

@YAD69
    I've just checked the rules and Rule 5 says....

5. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary.

So I don't see where I've done anything wrong...

Am I right in saying that or am I reading the Rules wrong....truly cause I'm a tad confused here.

5. YAD69

@choppers nothing about rules bloke, just a waste of time.

6. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Serengeti offer up for auction Sam Wright

28 years old
    Defender
    Over his injuries and secured his place back in the team last year, playing every game after round 7.
    Averaged 72 in the 10 games after the Kangas bye with a 96 in round 23.

In all honesty he will probably get delisted or included in a trade elsewhere to make space for a fourth selection but this is your chance to lock him away early if your backline needs a boost.

A PSD pick anywhere in the top 50 would get the job done.
    Auction to close Sunday November 11, 10pm AEDST

7. choppers

This auction has now closed and Nuytsland's bid has been accepted so Nic Newman is off to @bryzza Nuytsland in exchange for Nuytsland's 1st Round 2019 MSD Pick.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  8. YAD69

What a croc of ..... @choppers you said that the bid didn't meet reserve.

9. choppers

At that time it hadn't met reserve as I was anticipating and wanting/needing a higher bid.
    That bid was not forthcoming so I have reluctantly accepted the last bid received.
    Whether you accept that or not is up to you....

10. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Off to the naughty corner you go .........

11. YAD69

@choppers you've just lost all respect mate

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I don't get how it could be the winning bid if it didn't meet reserve? I'm only raising it because I wasn't going to consider bidding my MSD round 1 unless you said this guy was on the market and definitely up for sale. I logged in tonight thinking he'd get passed in and I was going to send a PM to discuss some sort of trade.
    Anyway, Newman's off to Nuytsland now. I'm just saying that it wasn't clear to me sitting on the sidelines that there was an auction where a player was going to be on the move.

• Like Like x 2
  13. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Less eventful than his defensive counterpart being auctioned at the same time, Sam Wright is passed in.

14. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Can I make a suggestion about the Newman auction from an innocent bystander?

Regardless of what the rules state, if there are issues with an auction we should be adult enough to work through it. I can see both sides of the argument here and offer an alternative solution:

Open the auction again for a couple of days and declare the reserve has been met. That way if another coach wants to offer something higher, they have the option.

Apologies in advance to @bryzza if this is what happens, if it doesn't happen, then best of luck to you and we can move on.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Its not ideal how the Newman auction panned out. Even less ideal is people taking pot-shots at others.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

The auction itself found a conclusion when the auctioneer decided to accept a bid from a rival coach. It wasn't the most clear conclusion, by any stretch, and I do like Marty's suggestion (above) to help clear things up. Although there is no obligation to follow this suggestion.
    However I also see that if coaches really wanted to bid for a player, regardless of what other coaches were bidding, there was absolutely nothing stopping them.
    If an auctioneer says that a particular bid isn't sufficient, then either move on, or raise the bid - again, irrespective of what other coaches are bidding. The nature of our auctions is that they're not as binary as auctions in the real world. For a home auction, you don't bid a combination of your existing home, some cash, and some shares that can be accessed next year... you bid pure cash, and the one who bids the most, wins! Our auctions are more complex, where different players and different combinations of current and future picks can all be bid. Thus if someone bids an MSD R1 pick, there is no reason that another coach can't bid their own MSD R1 pick, then its up to the auctioneer to decide which one he believes will be worth more next year.

As far as I'm concerned, the auction itself was a success, as an auctioneer received a bid that he liked, and a bidder was successful in gaining the item up for auction. I will leave it up to these two coaches to decide between themselves if they'd like to reopen the auction bidding, or not.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Regarding the allegations of "fishing" - I see no problem with this practice. It can be annoying for the bidding coaches, yes, but an auctioneer is under no obligation to sell an item if he doesn't receive the kind of bid he is looking for.
    If you really want something, bid / offer more for it. If you think its overpriced, then walk away.

Finally, gentlemen, please be civil and respectful. If you're angry with a coach, tell them in private. If you're angry with a situation / outcome, tell me in private. We should all be "friends" here - with the common goal of making the 'FU the most enjoyable fantasy football experience possible. We're all here because we love the game of footy, and we love fantasy. Yeah, we're not all going to get along perfectly all the time (I'm not that delusional), but we can all respect eachother and the way we play the game, and hopefully do our best to make this more enjoyable for everyone involved.

• Like Like x 6
  16. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

There were 3 days for any coach to beat my offer and no one decided to bid, irrespective of what choppers wanted probably a much higher pick it wasn't forth coming he then accepted.

17. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

I missed it...spewing. My bad

18. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

From the Auction Rules thread;

7. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so.
    8. Once a reserve has been reached the player is on the market and will be sold.

Given that it was clearly stated that the bid did not meet reserve, I don't see how it can then be accepted under the current rules. I'm not claiming Choppers was intentionally misleading, as in doing so he's probably cost himself a better result, but it just doesn't seem right to me.

19. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Like any auction if a reserve is not met and no other bids are forthcoming the auctioneer still has the right to sell.

20. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

The Smugglers’ coach has returned to the Island and has quickly brought out the new broom gratefully received from his wife at Xmas.

Which means it’s everyone’s favourite time of year - “the Christmas Island pre-delistment auction of guys who are likely to be cut, but could be really good if you pick them up”. (Name needs some work).

So up for auction as separate lots are:
    • Bailey Dale
    • Daisy Thomas
    • Brad Scheer
    • Noah Balta
    • Brett Deledio
    What am I after?

For Dale, Thomas, Scheer or Balta a draft pick better than 85. 84 is good enough to meet reserve.

For Lids - a draft pick significantly better than 85 (call it a Richmond premium).

Auction closes at 2200 (Sydney time) Friday 11 January.