TS Fantasy NBA: Matchup 3 Results

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Nov 18, 2015.

By Steve on Nov 18, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

Please read over the break for the results for week 3 of the NBA season.

I am now back home from the States. It was awesome watching some NBA games while was over there and the highlight was the double OT game between the Magic and Thunder. I jumped out of my seat when Westbrook banked the 3 in the last second of regulation from way outside the 3 pt line. All the Magic fans were telling me to sit down, hahaha. But I did the same thing when Oladipo hit the 3 in the last second of the first OT period. Watching Durant and Westbrook live was incredible. The other game I went to was the Clippers/Suns but that was a letdown after the game in Orlando. The Amway Centre is far better to watch a game than the Staples Centre. They get the crowd more involved during the breaks in the game.

Over the course of the next few weeks I will endeavor to post some pics from the games in the round reviews once I get them off my phone.

Onto the review for this round.

The highest score for the round was the Fab 5 in Division Two with 1793.

The lowest score for the round was San Diego Anchormen in Division Two with 863

The biggest margin for the round was 492 pts where Nettin Blatche defeated San Diego Anchormen.

The smallest margin for the round was in Division Two where Team Short defeated Jimmy G Buckets by 14 points.

The highest scoring loser for the round was Ant hak in the Premier League with 1689.

The lowest scoring winner for the round was Fully Fledged Spuds in Division Three with 1301.

Premier League

TS Heaver (2-1) 1716 defeated The Ticking Time Bomb (0-3) 1476
    King of Karlos (1-2) 1547 defeated The Real MVP (1-2) 1103
    Ruddy's Cavaliers (1-2) 1392 defeated Day to Day (1-2) 1119
    Wade Machine (3-0) 1464 defeated Team Stowie (2-1) 1403
    Westside Hardcore (2-1) 1744 defeated Ant hak (2-1) 1689
    Hersey Hawkins Athletic Club (2-1) 1590 defeated Three Point Buzzer Beaters (1-2) 1157

Division One

Jasmine's Mob (2-1) 1486 defeated Run TMC (2-1) 1201
    Biggest Losers (1-2) 1453 defeated Oh Sixteen (0-3) 1260
    Crossy Crusaders (2-1) 1735 defeated El Bonanzas (2-1) 1536
    Wafty Boxes (2-1) 1455 defeated The Cripples (1-2) 1224
    Nahla vs Little Dee (2-1) 1709 defeated Paky Ballers (2-1) 1585
    CK Nicks (1-2) 1392 defeated The Raptors (1-2) 1117

Division Two

Fab 5 (5-0) 1793 defeated Harden the Interruption (2-1) 1510
    Hinrich Manouevre (2-1) 1458 defeated Travy's Boys (3-0) 1171
    Nettin Blatche (2-1) 1355 defeated San Diego Anchormen (0-3) 863
    Paul George John Ringos (2-1) 1370 defeated Heatnation (0-3) 1323
    Adelaide Maggots (2-1) 1637 defeated Broady Broncos (2-1) 1577
    Team Short (3-0) 1470 defeated Jimmy G Buckets (1-2) 1456

Division Three

The Delly of the Beast (1-2) 1714 defeated Dann's Stars (2-1) 1362
    Smokin Joe Misiti (3-0) 1547 defeated Morris Magic (0-3) 1123

Mr Pegasorearse (3-0) 1582 defeated Run T Mull C (0-3) 1477
    Laino's Nuggets (2-1) 1554 defeated Flying Kent's (1-2) 1312
    Hoop Hunters (1-2) 1591 defeated Wing Span (1-2) 1270
    Fully Fledged Spuds (3-0) 1301 defeated Larry Byrd Gang (1-2) 1089

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Steve, Nov 18, 2015.

1. anthak
      anthak
      Cool, thanks Steve. Good job.
      Bloody highest scoring loser. Was a good game Micka - well done.
    2. Steve
      Steve
      A mate of mine told me about this website

https://moneyball.com.au/#/lobby

You can spend as little as $2 to enter and you can put a NBA fantasy team together each day (9 players) and you can win money if your team does well.

You have a salary cap and you need to select 2 PG, 2 SG, 2 SF, 2 PF and 1 C. You get points for the various stats.

I entered the NBA monster comp for Thursday (cost $15) and top prize is $1,750 but it pays all the way down to 95th place ($30)
    3. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Yeh I've been on moneyball for a while. It's the Aussie version of DraftKings and FanDuel. You can actually make a decent return, much better than betting on NBA games. I liken it to playing poker, you're playing to win each other's money and not against the house. However, it is still gambling so as always, gamble responsibly.

If you use play Moneyball add me as a friend: LiQuid6
    4. Owen
      Owen
      I was struck down by a huge amount of D2D's this week just gone, where they hardly ever even played. In hindsight my team is a bit fragile with injury prone guys, luckily I got wins the first two weeks.
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Ive used all 5 acquisitions this week already, after i grabbed Robin Lopez off waivers this evening.
      Now i just gotta sit back in my recliner and see how the final 3 days go
    6. Steve
      Steve
      Well done L6 on Moneyball today.

7. chris88
      chris88
      Brandon Knight and a heap of waiver wire pick-ups have carried me this week - it looks like I am far enough ahead (400 points) to hold on, even with my opposition having 9 players to 3 today.

George and Giannis have been big as well, but Brandon Knight's 110 on the first day and 90-something a couple of days back have carried me. Of course at the moment he is -4 and can't hit the side of a barn, but swings and roundabouts I guess.

2-2 with only 40% of my original team remaining and a batch of waiver wire types - Crowder, Morris, Thompson, Hood, Mahinmi - doing OK. Can't keep going forever but it is fun while it continues.

And of course Kyrie is still to return.
    8. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Yeh thanks mate! Brandon Knight was my hero!

A Mason Plumlee rebound on the last shot of the day was the difference between a 2nd and 5th place today.
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Lot of love for Brandon Knight in these parts. :D The shining hero got me my first win for the season. <3
    10. Ruddy
      Ruddy
      I think i may have held on by just 5 points! Bloody hell that is way too close for comfort
    11. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      I'm thinking that forever starts tomorrow Chris.
      Surely Knight can't keep up that sort of form?

Anyways, best of luck for a tight contest.

Reckon the loser will be whoever uses up their acquisitions first
    12. chris88
      chris88
      Definitely grav - good luck.

I note Mr McConnell has floated into your team after I (reluctantly) cut him for Tristian Thompson a couple of days back.

Hope he goes well, but not too well. :)

There were about 3-4 guys picked up off the waiver wire that I was considering, but each time people beat me to it. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to devote the time necessary to scour that waiver wire as I've done previously.

I was sorta hopeful that that wouldn't be an issue this time around, alas ....
    13. chris88
      chris88
      Actually, just having a look at the scoring from my team last week, 7 guys scoring 110+ in either 3 or four games, while two guys that only had two games for the week averaged over 30 a game.

Thing with that though is that of the guys scoring over 100 for the week, only 4 are players I drafted - Knight, George, Walker and Giannis. Two guys are waiver wire - Crowder and Morris - 1 was a trade - H Barnes.

Kyrie hasn't played a game, Rudy Gobert only played two this week and the rest of the guys scrapped together points where they could find them I guess.
    14. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      And you grab Harris in a heartbeat.

Hope he doesn't burn me.

And no need to worry about Knight dropping form...Hello Walker :(
    15. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Steve, your moneyball lineup looks like its on the money today!!
    16. Steve
      Steve
      Thanks mate, ended up finishing 1st which which paid $1.2k.

Thankfully the Lakers are so crap which meant that Curry, Thompson and Russell sat on the bench in the last qtr which would have affected a lot of teams.

I already have people at work who want to buy into future teams that I create, lol.
    17. Steve
      Steve
      I just accepted your friends request on Moneyball.