2019 PreSeason Discussions and Tabling of Wares

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jan 2, 2019.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I see that our new coach @DaveH has just as much of a St Kilda bias as @Len has for the Giants !!

• Like Like x 2
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

If I didn’t need a ruck so badly, I wouldn’t have done that trade. I think Ed Phillips at 41 is a steal.

I was desperate for a ruck and they were dropping like flies!
    There’s still a few players left on my short list of rucks, but they’re very speculative!

Zac Clarke is a good option for me with Bellchambers on my list.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Definitely makes sense for you, classic example of an unbalanced trade working for both parties

• Like Like x 1
  4. DaveH

DaveH Member

I appreciated the opportunity to take another quality Saint, my bias may be a little more irrational than Lens!

• Like Like x 3
  5. TheTassieHawk

Always happy for you to make me offers for the 3 quality Sainters in Geary, Hanneberry and Kent all at the Nuffers and any I may bring in with my remaining picks @DaveH !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Len

I believe Terry is home, but it's 6.40am on Sunday there, will leave pick this for him to take atm

• Like Like x 3
  7. TheTassieHawk

The FA draft has been smashing along (31 picks in the first 24 hours and then another dozen by midnight). Incredible.

A well earned chance for some of us to put the laptop/phone away for a brief time.

• Like Like x 3
  8. anthak

Welcome :)

9. anthak

@Len
    The draft table says pick 58 is with Nowhere Else Wanderers, however that pick wasn’t involved in the trade. It should still be with Gariwerd.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Len

Fixed mate, apologies I think I may have been a cup deeper than I should have been whilst driving :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Len

12. Len

Well Marshall went, no longer quite so interested

• Like Like x 2
  13. anthak

I'm going to be out of action for the next 4 hours or so, so if my pick #58 comes up in that time, you know that I'll be away for a bit.

I considered sending a shortlist to someone, however given there are still 4 picks to go until then and that we are travelling quite slowly atm, there's every chance I'll be back by the time my pick comes up anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Len

I've sms'd @bama am assuming he can't get online atm

• Like Like x 2
  15. anthak

I reckon one of these comments might’ve jinxed us! :p:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

@That KI Guy , have pm'd you with picks for #71 as it is late here

• Like Like x 2
  17. Len

I'll fix up the lists soon sorry guys, multi tasking atm

18. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@ChiefRussell, you are very unlucky to have me choose Rowan Marshall and Daisy Thomas one pick before you with successive draft picks especially as with both selections I made late decisions to divert from my pre-draft plan. With my first three selections at the 2019 PSD I had planned to pick one forward, one ruck to take the place of the traded out Jordan Roughead and a young defender. With my final pick at the PSD I was going to select an experienced defender. I wasn’t sure if I was going to select a young forward or experienced forward, however I thought Marshall although currently a forward was a better future ruck prospect than the rucks available so opted to take him at pick 48 instead of selecting a player eligible to play in the ruck in 2019. Marshall might be able to challenge for a spot in the Devils forward line this season and hopefully he will be a R/F in 2020. So I ended up taking a teenage forward in Sam Sturt followed by another forward in Marshall with 13 games AFL experience with my back to back selections at 47 and 48.

Before Jen selected Daniel Butler at pick 60 I had actually pre-typed young defender Jen McLennan as my pick at 61 but at the last minute changed tack and brought Daisy back to the Devils after a five season absence as he will be in the mix for a spot in the CMD four-man backline this season. CR feel free to use @Bandit’s trademark saying and give me a ‘get stuffed’. On the flip side @Bandit would be pleased that I changed my mind and selected Daisy as four picks later he selected Jez, I will watch McLennan’s progress with interest at fellow Tassie club Charlies Opening.

CR, the good news for you is that my fourth and final selection at the PSD is at pick 108 after you have finished at pick 85 so you are safe from me selecting a player you want for the rest of the PSD. CR you also are safe with pick 85 as it is your second pick in a row after pick 83, hopefully JC doesn't select a player you want with pick 81.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Len

Comfortably best 22

Easily best 22 , for 12 games

A light that will take a while to shine, but will shine brightly when he does

• Like Like x 3
  20. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I thought about redrafting both of hose guys, so I hope for your sakes @JC & @That KI Guy they go well for you, from a Spelunkers perspective I hope they are just as shit for you as they were for me.

You can both get stuffed