Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Owen
      Owen
      If you wanted to only start with one, who would it be?
      :1: Gawn
      :2: Grundy
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 7
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 4
    2. Len
      Len
      Here is where I am at today, it's only version 182, so at least another 68 to go befre round 1.

upload_2019-3-12_20-45-9.png
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Very interesting Len.

F3 and F4 are just a bit tricky to choose this year. Not many obvious candidates.

I take it you've seen enough from Greene to back him in to start. I wasn't convinced, but I did take a long look at him at F4 in my team.

If Lobb didn't have DPP, would you still choose him in your starting lineup?

Think Cousins is overpriced for the value he presents. Collins likewise now that he probably has to play KPD tall rather than intercept defender. Reckon you could get better value from these two spots in particular.

What's your bye structure look like?
    4. JC
      JC
      Smith is an interesting one. At 330k, what do you think he needs to avg to be a successful pick? I can see why people are interested but he's only really had one decent scoring season (I'm omitting last year as he only played 2 games).
    5. Jason
      Jason
      I think he is priced at a starting average of 61, so 80-85 would be a success and he is potentially capable of 90.
    6. Len
      Len
      At the moment I think Greene will be up and going from round 1, at that price and his likely scoring output I find the value hard to ignore.
      I found the Fwds really tough to pick, Lobb is underpriced considering he will play a reasonable amount of ruck time, so selected because of the ruck status but would possibly still select without it.
      Agree on Collins for sure, Cousins I think has some good chance to play extended mid minutes, haven't really nailed rookies yet, not sure I want to keep running both TT and Sheed which if one goes to rookie there is a switchup required.
      Bye week 2 is pretty dodgy at the moment and may end up a catalyst for change.
    7. JC
      JC
      Fair enough. I probably view the pass mark a bit differently. At $330k, an 80 avg sees him go up about 60k by round 13. Ideally, I'd like to be able swap him for a bonafide premium who's cycling a bad score or 2 out of their price. Not sure $390k let's you do that on its own? The 88 avg currently in the Stats page certainly gets you closer to that. He has looked good in the preseason, though.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. stripey
      stripey
      @Jason why did you get rid of Caleb Daniel... You convinced me to put him in my team now I see he has gone from yours!
    9. Jason
      Jason
      I went to Ballarat to watch him in JLT2 and just wasn't impressed. Could still be a good choice, but unlikely that I'll be choosing him in my starting lineup.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Owen
      Owen
      Anyone think Westhoff will be top 8 forward at end of year?
    11. TheSpaniard
      TheSpaniard
      I have played around with my defense a handful of times now. I had Laird (Upgraded Witherden) and downgraded Roberton (X. Dursma).

I just think both Witherden and Roberton will get a lot of footy this year.
    12. Len
      Len
      I had him as my R2 up until last night, I think he is as good a chance as most
    13. churchboy
      churchboy

i dont know about you guys, but i'd really like them to play at least one more JLT. im still confused and have 90% of my team not a 'lock'. anyways im getting off topic, surprised that so many still have Lloyd. i'm not 100% sold on him to back up last year, considering it was a huge jump in his 'normal' scoring and feel like his starting price is max'd. His JLT wasn't convincing me either (1 game, 75 points). I think Lobb is the stand out 'smokey' in your line up but i think previous comments have already covered him and I'm sure you'll ensure all your rookies are playing round 1, so looks pretty solid!
    14. Owen
      Owen
      Yeah that's what I'm considering, opens up a bunch of possibilities by starting him there.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Nick
      Nick
      I am toying with him at F3, with Darling and Greene. Hard to ignore Toby at that priced if named.

Menegola/Kelly/Dahlhaus/Dunkley all too hard basket for me. Going to wait until upgrade season and just grab the best performing ones rather than guess which will have more mid minutes.
    16. Len
      Len
      I had Dunkley as pretty much welded in until he played his 1st half 2018 role in JLT, can't be selected if he plays that 2019, leaving him out will look silly if he instead plays "the other role", but I'm content with that for now
      • Like Like x 1
    17. dabombers
      dabombers
      If I had the Balls this would be my team!!! If I had the Balls.JPG
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Nick
      Nick
      One for the thumbs:
      TU: Sheed
      TD: Rocky
      • Like Like x 6
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    19. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      THANKS JASON FOR YOUR TIME ILE TAKE A LOOK MATEY CHEERS
    20. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Not sure why there's such a groundswell of teams picking Darling. I'd much rather back someone like Toby Greene if he's fit. Backline looks like the place to find value defenders.

Really don't like that Grundy and Gawn as two of the most expensive players, history says that is never a good thing with rucks but who's going to do better than them this year? You're backing on Goldie or someone randomly stepping up.