Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. IPOD
      IPOD
      Ok again it will obviously depend on rookies named etc

Backs - Lloyd, Whitfield, B.Smith, Schrimshaw, Collins, Duursmah, Hore, J.Clark
      Mids - Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Angus Brayshaw, Sheed, Libba, Butters, Constable, B.Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
      Rucks -Gawn, Goldy, Schlensog
      Fwds - Danger, D.Smith, Heeney, Greene, Setterfield, Drew, Parker, Burgess
      66k left over
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Question for Sheed owners:

How long will Sheed score like JLT once Gaff returns in a couple of weeks?
    3. stripey
      stripey
      Gaff didn’t affect him in JLT2

Gaff’s game became more contested last year but maybe Sheed takes over that role allowing him to play the outside role he has previously played...

I don’t have confidence this scoring will continue.. after all, he still only averaged 117 over the finals when ‘on fire’ including a match winning GF goal worth a lot of points
      Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Nick
      Nick
      Solid team, same structure as mine. Now we are at the pointy end I think we really need to nail our rookies.
      No Walsh is an interesting POD - are you sure you want to take that risk?
      Clarkson had some discouraging words about Schrimshaw yesterday - makes sure you have a Plan B if he doesn't get named.
      I'm also not convinced on Sheed. Having him, Libba, Greene and Smith all in one team does seem to carry a bit of risk.
    5. Len
      Len
      Not having Smith becoming my most significant pod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6. stripey
      stripey
      upload_2019-3-19_10-2-22.png

Current setup - full of risk with a wild ride ahead... hoping not to have too many that I would regret holding. $3,400 in cash

As promised I've thrown the Hoff in for Ruck cover.

Heard Beveridge say this morning that the Mid position is Dunkleys at this stage - doesn't mean it stays that way but that is how he has planned for the season at this stage.

Duursma could come in for Scrimshaw if not named.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    7. Penske file
      Penske file
      Just to clarify, can we still make unlimited changes to our teams when selections for remaining games drop Thursday for R1.?
    8. stripey
      stripey
      Players only get locked once their games start.... obviously you lose the ability to bring someone in whose team has already played
    9. Owen
      Owen
      @ Stripey, that's the most riskiest risky team I've seen yet, and I love it because of the risks. If anything I would suggest having a little bit more cash to start with. You could do that with Heeney to Greene for even more risk?
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Penske file
      Penske file
      Thanks, my other quandary is deciding between Dusty, Cogs or Neale. Have had Neale from the start now starting to question choice.
    11. stripey
      stripey
      Gee Cogs has looked good but the Neale selection is not bad either
    12. Nick
      Nick
      Have faced the same dilemma. Have split them by thinking:

Cogs - question marks around if he will score as well as he did in JLT when J Kelly is back - upgrade target
      Dusty - underpriced but maybe priced at what he is capable of consistently and 2017 was a freak year and that's in
      Neale - Zorko should always get the tag and will attend every centre bounce, can accumulate and Brisbane seem poised for a bigger year

Neale just for me, at this stage.

I found it harder to split Neale v Fyfe to be honest...
      • Like Like x 2
    13. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      THIS IS THE LAST TIME IM HOPEFULLY GOING THROUGH THIS SIDE UNTIL IT STARTS LOL THX TO ALL THE HELP AND GOOD LUCK 2 ALL "RATE PLEASE" 55500804_10212622752477952_5289545244872802304_n (2).jpg
    14. cjd7769
      cjd7769
      i think its got potential matey good luck
    15. Jason
      Jason
      Nailed it mate. My thoughts on those guys exactly, which is why I also have chosen Neale.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Sean K
      Sean K
      Great team. Only risks may be Hanley and Rocky. Or, Rocky could be gold.
    17. Sean K
      Sean K
      Is Mosquito your roving donut? I doubt he'll bet a run this year.
    18. Jason
      Jason
      I like it stripey. I encourage you to back yourself in on some of the more unique selections that obviously appeal to you.

You've obviously assessed the most expensive defenders as suspect about being able to maintain their starting price and spent your money in the MID line instead. Chances are good that you'll initially score slightly better than a lot of other teams based on your extra expenditure in the MID line.

But you are missing out on a few decent MID rookies by only taking 3 cheap MID options under $150k. My expectation is that MID rookies have a slightly higher ceiling than DEF or FWD rookies and can potentially generate a bit more cash. You won't have access to as much of that cash generation with your structure unfortunately.

If you nail ALL your midpricers, you'll be in great shape. But if some of the don't come good and need to be upgraded, you might struggle with a bit less cash generation compared to others with a purer GunsNRookies structure or simply with more money from extra MID rookies.
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Jason
      Jason
      No major issues with this lineup, plenty of solid choices in there. Enough cash to splash on last minute changes depending on how teams drop.

I'm concerned about D.Smith's low JLT scoring and the introduction of Shiel to the mix at Essendon. Greene obviously could be great but we have no data on whether he will be straight back to his best scoring form or not.
    20. Jason
      Jason
      For your rookies, both Watsons and Mosquito aren't exactly likely starters for round 1. Everyone's still a chance I guess, but I'm not expecting any of these guys to be playing yet. Make sure you have done some research on a few backup options in case you need to switch some of these guys for alternatives at the last minute.

Have you looked at your bye structure? How many players do you have missing from each of the rounds 12-13-14? It is good to have a balance across the three rounds, so as to avoid one particular round where you aren't able to field 18 players due to byes.

You should be able to check which of your players has a bye in which round from an option just above your team graphic. Recommend you give it a go. If you have more than 12 players with a bye in the same round, you obviously won't be able to field 18 starters for that round, and that's before you have any injuries or perhaps a floating :donut: at R3.

A caveat on all of the above about byes is that obviously you'll make some trades between the start and round 12 and your mix of byes will certainly be different by then. But during the year, sometimes the trade-down targets that we get to choose from don't give much flexibility to change our bye structure so it's good to start with a bye structure that is decent from the outset.