Rate My Team 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

By Jason on Jan 22, 2019 at 12:35 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2019!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

To kick things off, here is my 2019 team. "I can't see us losing a game in 2019".

Version 1 (January 2019)
    Capture.JPG

Version 2 (after JLT1)

Capture.JPG

Version 3 (after JLT2)

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Jason
      Jason
      [​IMG]
      • Like Like x 3
    2. anthak
      anthak
      Thumbs please

Up: Hurn & Moore
      Down: Laird & Petracelli
      • Dislike Dislike x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Penske file
      Penske file
      I suffered the Balta curse, put him on the ground after much consideration other 2 bench players playing pulled him out of a 'hat', so much for the scientific approach.
    4. Nick
      Nick
      I wish, made some tweaks to get both Dunkley and Darling in fwds, but that means I'm $1,000 short to have both Clark and Scrimshaw...really frustrating.
    5. choppers
      choppers

+1
    6. anthak
      anthak
      Ok, its very late notice, and I hope not to make any further changes, however would appreciate a RMT please if anyone sees any glaring problems.

D: Laird, Sicily, Whitfield, Williams, Collins, Clark (Duursma, Hore)
      M: Cripps, Fyfe, Martin, M.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Hately, Constable (Scott, Atkins, Gibbons)
      R: Grundy, Gawn (Meek)
      F: Dangerfield, Heeney, Dunkley, Setterfield, Burgess, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

Ive got $94,900 in the bank.
    7. benny01
      benny01
      Instant thought is are you confident enough that Sicily will play close to 22 games? If he does you've got a great player but he can really hurt you during bye rounds with a silly suspension or niggle.

Are you happy having both Whitfield and Williams in your backline? I would love to have both but I didn't like the make up of my side with them both in it.

Apart from that I really like the make up of your side. My points are just nitpicking. I'm loving the selection of Hately.
      I have picked 25 players the same as you.
      • Like Like x 2
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I’m happy to back those guys in. Sicily was one of my first picked players. Yeah he’s a risk, but I just gotta hope he stays under control. He was much more sensible as the season went on last year.

I don’t see a problem with having both Whitfield and Williams. Individually I have questions on them both, especially Williams but both worth a go I think.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. IPOD
      IPOD
      Last 2 choices
      TU - Hoff
      TD - D Smith
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    10. IPOD
      IPOD
      Final
      TU- Libba
      TD - sheed
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    11. IPOD
      IPOD
      @Jason what with option 3....?
    12. Jason
      Jason
      I'd suggest Darling ahead of either of those options.
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Hately probably needs to change, he didn't get picked. I have Valente in that spot. You could take Chayce Jones from Adelaide with your cash in hand, or switch Drew to MID and take Blakey as a FWD - not sure there are lot of other outstanding alternatives given the names you already have.
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah, I’m a bit stuck with the Hately news.

I’m considering moving Duursma into the mids and starting with either Moore or Scrimshaw down back
    15. benny01
      benny01
      I've moved Duursma mid and brought in Wilkie for my bench.
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Did you see Wilkie's JLT scores? They were pretty appalling.
      If that's all we have to go with, I just can't bring myself to pick a buy with that sort of recent track record.
    17. benny01
      benny01
      No. Where can I find them?
    18. Jason
      Jason
      This isn't my work, but it has what you are looking for

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    19. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Team :1:

team1.png
      or

Team :2:
      team2.png
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 4
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    20. benny01
      benny01
      I might just take Joyce instead. My thoughts were based on them at least getting a game with Carlisle injured. and moving someone like Drew mid weakens my fwd line scoring in the early rounds.

Blakey could be a great pickup but it's hard to tell.