2019 Round Review: Round 3

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Apr 7, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on Apr 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

Here we go. We’re now playing for cash and keeps.

How did your moves, trades and Captains go?

A lot traded Rocky IN. Will he be back?

On the up side, The Speckey is Back!

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Apr 7, 2019.

• Tags:
    1. insider
      insider
      2214 but with some big individual scores around I’d suspect that would be quite below par
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      2249 for my lot, currently ranked really low so should hopefully rise into the top 50k
    3. JPK
      JPK
      2425 with Captain L Neale.
      Can't complain too much about that!
      • Like Like x 6
    4. anthak
      anthak
      I’m doing terribly.
      Only scored 2088 this week.

Had Fyfe & Rocky dragging my score down.

Laird & Dunkley also somewhat disappointing.

A few rookie scores were down, but can’t complain about that too much.

The rest of my team did ok, but not having Libba, Neale, Lloyd et al hurts a lot.
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      2175 disappointing considering Cripps as Cpt. Rocky came in this week. Maybe out a week later. Constable on the bench sucked.
      We move on!
    6. walesy
      walesy
      After the Captain Ridley debarcle, I ended up losing my cash league game by 19 points. I don't even want to look at this game right now!!

On the plus side though, stats are up though.
      • Like Like x 4
    7. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Brave move - put the C on Whitfield. Then Rocky and Fyfe went down :(
    8. bunza52
      bunza52
      2169. Decided to play it safe and take Dangers score, which cost me a few points, as I was going to go with Neale again. Few poor rooks scores, along with Darling, Hoff and Crisp. Had the added bonus of trading Heeney out for Kelly, so hope Kelly's ankle is not too bad. Maybe Heeney comes back in this week for either Hoff or Darling....oh well, at the Dons finally had a win!
    9. Ingall
      Ingall
      Kept Dangerfield's score which, while it cost me points, I still think was the correct decision. Not so correct were some of the rookies played :(

ps: Is there a way in TS to trade players in and out of my team, or do I need to do the hax0r thing again?
    10. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      2234 bought in Libba and Rozee so happy but have Rocky and Fyffe so par score at best (took Dangers C )
    11. Nick
      Nick
      2290 which I was happy about seeing as I copped Rocky and had Drew on the field. Moved up in rankings.

SC such a cruel mistress - trade Heeney for Rocky and of course there are no signs of ankles complaints and he rips out a 130+, while Rocky gets concussed....
      • Like Like x 1
    12. stripey
      stripey
      2328 for me which sees a jump of 15,005 places to 14,034 overall... hopefully a trend that will continue after a disappointing start....
      Heeney & Mills it turns out was not the wisest move (based on one weekend) but time will tell... Lloyd and Moore did not disappoint either

on another note, how good was Sydney Stack.. have heard he was a real talent but big questions on if he would fit in an AFL environment.... Tigers may have got an absolute steal
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Penske file
      Penske file
      2486 this week with Drew on field, kept C on Neale from last week, jumped substantially in rakings. Long way to go however.
      • Like Like x 6
    14. stripey
      stripey
      ;) @walesy
      • Like Like x 1
    15. DanJS
      DanJS
      2319, lost my cash league by 9. Couple of tactical errors - took Danger's VC score instead of going into Macrae. Passed on bringing in Rozee, to my great regret. Had Collins on the bench, Drew and Setterfield on the field. But generally happy with how my team's tracking. 11 tonnes. A few rookies looking dodgy but mostly set to make lots of cash. Plenty in the bank. Premiums all doing well. Resisted the Rocky temptation and held on to Heeney.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Len
      Len
      2338 and (I think) first ever 10/10 league wins.
      Shouldn't have to trade this week which is a bonus
      • Like Like x 3
    17. ike2112
      ike2112
      2185, but scraped wins in my two main leagues both by less than 20 points (just as well I put the C on Macrae).

Had felt smug last week having Lycett as R2, all the main rookies except Moore, my POD Josh Bruce doing well. Was in the top 4,000 despite a sketchy Round 1.

Then I trade Ridley and Heeney for Rocky and Caleb Daniel.
      I originally had Neale being traded in, then Sheed and Boak but at the last second I thought everyone is going for Rocky and if he scores 130+ I'll get left behind...
      And I didn't have Rozee because a week ago he looked like too expensive for a rookie so not as likely to make $$$.

So now I have a few issues, yet don't really want to burn a trade this week. All of my rookies still have cash to make. But what am I missing out on...
      Should I have Rozee or Sheed in to make sure I get the profit on them. Do I trade Rocky out if he's missing more than a week (and risk him being a top-6 Mid and ultimately using 3 trades on him during the year)?
      Lycett I was hoping would get me to the byes or possibly even justify F-6 slot and be a great DPP option to cover ruck in case of emergency. Worpel isn't looking like a top 6 forward, neither is Dunkley (wish I'd moved him and not Heeney now).

Do I need to get Neale in asap? I don't have Bont, or Sheed, or any of the Crows Mids. Is Rowan Marshall a must-have? (I'm a Saints fan and I don't know what's going to happen for him - one injury to Bruce or Membrey and I think Marshall will be dumped at FF and it'll be Longer or Pierce in the ruck).

Think this has been a defining week for me, trades not coming off and the cash generation missed. Will probably end up doing nothing this week, but still a lot to consider.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. JPK
      JPK
      All of a sudden I feel like a pastry chef... very cookie-cutter.
      upload_2019-4-8_10-51-13.png

Of the top 8 most popular selections, I have all 8 of them.
      • Like Like x 3
    19. headmandude
      headmandude
      Can someone shed any light on Rowan Marshall??????

I feel I need to move Robbie Gray on sooner rather than later. Boak seems to be the obvious person but then Marshall jumps out as a potential replacement