Trading Games 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

By Jason on Mar 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2019 Trading Games league!

What's it all about? Basically every year the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. We usually go with a "cookie cutter" team with the most popular selections on every line, as far as practicable. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:

1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather, etc. to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=177853

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! The correct team is shown here just below.
    TG1.JPG

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can rearrange the 30 players to have different players onfield and on the bench before the start of R1. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Step 5: If you wish, you can join the Trading Games League. We will set up multiple leagues as required.
    TS Trading Games 1: 945889

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

• Tags:
    1. Jason
      Jason
      Setterfield just got rubbed out by the MRO for two matches, so you might not be the only coach to jettison him in the coming weeks.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Len
      Len
      Round 5 double trade, went backwards 5k spots last week so hoping these are corrective moves
      upload_2019-4-19_14-53-43.png
    3. anthak
      anthak
      no trades for me this week for the first time this season.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Jason
      Jason
      I opted to secure a bit more cash generation, will hopefully take a break from trading for a bit after these.

Capture.JPG
      • Like Like x 1
    5. bunza52
      bunza52
      Did my wifes team (2 Good 4 U ) get kicked out of the TG group? I know I had the right start up team. Can paste in a reconcilation if required. I just add myself back in.
    6. Jason
      Jason
      I just went back to check my earlier post on page 3, because the only teams I removed for the incorrect starting lineup are listed there. Not sure what happend bunza52, but I would have listed your team at the time if I was about to remove it.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Jason
      Jason
      After a week of no trades in Round 6, I'm back at it in Round 7. Had about $170k in hand and decided to spend it.

First upgrade for me this week, time to get Neale I have decided.

Capture.JPG
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Len
      Len
      They look good.

I'm still burning mine, 10 down already so will need to back off for a week or 2
      upload_2019-5-4_8-12-33.png
      • Like Like x 2
    9. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Pretty sure I’m taking this trading games thing way too literally.
      Burnt 12 and upgraded 2.
      Not a good ratio it seems.

Clark > Answerth
      Constable > Fyfe

And sfa funds left.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. stripey
      stripey
      Yeah I’m down to 19...

This week was Constable going back to Fyfe... the madness has to stop!
      upload_2019-5-4_9-56-0.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    11. Jason
      Jason
      What do you count as your two upgrades thus far? Fyfe and?
    12. anthak
      anthak
      17DDDF4E-A27B-44B4-9587-F12653D11CFB.jpeg

I’ve used 8 trades. Most have been poor.

Can’t believe I traded Sam Walsh out! :(
      • Like Like x 1
    13. stripey
      stripey
      Pretty annoyed.. for a reason completely unknown to me I jumped on last night and found Hore had the C... an 88 is not a complete disaster but it certainly wasn’t intended.. Grundy with 107 was the VC and would’ve gone with Neale so it’s really only cost me 20 points - I manage to do something stupid like this a couple of times a season so I guess I should be happy it’s only cost me 20 points

EDIT: I prob had the C on Jordan Clark last week as the floating donut and prob never shifted it when I subbed in Hore this week
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Happy enough with my trades this week. How'd everybody else go?

Capture.JPG

Pretty low score for me this week, barely scraped over 2000. Quite a few candidates putting their hand up to get traded out of my team next week!

Hopefully my strategy of going for some cash generation in my early trades will pay off in the long run. It's a marathon, not a sprint and all that.
    15. anthak
      anthak
      I went for a bit of cash generation this week, bringing in both Answerth & Corbett.
      I’ve now got $337k in the bank.... and, like you Jase, there’s some players I really want to trade out!
    16. stripey
      stripey
      upload_2019-5-17_12-38-20.png
      likely trades this week... could turn into Drew out instead of Petrol but that doesnt help my bye situation - will be 7/9/14 with the proposed trade, 7/8/15 if Drew gets traded

Burgess and Scott the current donuts - both Rd 14 byes so really a 9/11/14 setup if they dont get traded - Hately another that might be a donut come the byes
    17. Jason
      Jason
      This week is pretty horrible for rookies on the bubble, with Hately a good average but clearly terrible job security and the rest have a terrible average across their first 2 matches.
    18. stripey
      stripey
      Yeah thats why I'm going Larkey - looks pretty secure, has had one price rise but scoring better than the bubble boys - hopefully keeps his spot over the byes
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Pleasingly there were a whole bunch of new players named for their debuts this week though, so the possibility of multiple trades closer to the byes looks a bit better at least.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. anthak
      anthak
      Happy with my VC choice of Shannon Hurn ;)
      Wish I had've done the same in my real team!
      • Like Like x 1