Trading Games 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

By Jason on Mar 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2019 Trading Games league!

What's it all about? Basically every year the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. We usually go with a "cookie cutter" team with the most popular selections on every line, as far as practicable. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:

1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather, etc. to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=177853

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! The correct team is shown here just below.
    TG1.JPG

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can rearrange the 30 players to have different players onfield and on the bench before the start of R1. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Step 5: If you wish, you can join the Trading Games League. We will set up multiple leagues as required.
    TS Trading Games 1: 945889

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

• Tags:
    1. stripey
      stripey
      Gawn VC in both of mine.. now to figure out how to make it work.. Bines is not my friend this week
    2. anthak
      anthak
      Should’ve went Meek!
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Tough week coming up. Still no particularly good rookies on the bubble to turn to and holes starting to appear all over the place.
    4. stripey
      • Like Like x 3
    5. stripey
      stripey
      upload_2019-5-27_10-30-36.png
      My likely trades this weeks... leaves $720k for trading through byes. finally time to cash in ROB, never used his score once.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    6. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Well done mate.
      I slid a little (3rd) on back of Young and new acquisition Ziebell. Thanks for that parting gift Scott!
      Possibly Gibbons to Hinge and Stack to Sloane here.

So @stripey did you trade out Fort and now bringing him back?
      • Like Like x 1
    7. stripey
      stripey
      @That KI Guy yes, hadnt realised he was returning to the fold but yes I traded ROB in Round 5 as I wanted playing backup for Grundy and Gawn - the cash gen also looked good as the other rookies hadnt really hit their straps by that stage

I've traded hard so once the byes are done it will be 'hold onto your seat' stuff as I really won't be leaving many trades for injuries
      • Like Like x 2
    8. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah ur no orphan in ruck shuffle. I’ve moved Gawn to Goldy to OBrien. For what gain? I’m not sure.
      Trading like madman too. Good chances we’l both get overrun post byes:rolleyes:
      • Like Like x 1
    9. stripey
      stripey
      This move doesn’t seem as wise as it did on Monday... reverse reverse reverse!!!
      • Like Like x 2
    10. stripey
      stripey
      upload_2019-5-31_14-13-54.png

Not sure if I'm happy with this - Gibbons & Petrol to Baker & Cameron.... :)

Leaves me with ROB, Rocky & Williams on the bench. Week 1 of the byes should be no problems.. will reassess from there!
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Jason
      Jason
      I'm looking at bringing in a GWS player this week too, just on a different line to Cameron...
    12. stripey
      stripey
      I wasnt looking at Cameron but he does seem to have a fairly soft draw coming up and is good value if he stays fit
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Luckily I didn't bring in Sloane, because I was definitely tempted this week.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. stripey
      stripey
      1881/17 + C

Need Doggies to have a good day... Daniel, Macrae, Dunkley, Cripps & Walsh to come.. left a few points out there with Neale as C
    15. Jason
      Jason
      Got my first donut for the year onfield courtesy of Hore being a late out.

Still happy with 2345 playing one short.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. stripey
      • Like Like x 2
    17. stripey
      stripey
      upload_2019-6-3_12-53-47.png

who is this? impressive result, 76th for the week!
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Jason
      Jason
      These bye rounds will sort out a few teams!

In Round 12, I should have 20 players to choose from, but without trades will only have 16, because 3 of those were missing this week and one will be stuck on my RUC bench
      In Round 13, I should have 19 players to choose from, but without trades will only have 18, because 1 of those was missing this week
      In Round 14, I should have 21 players to choose from, but without trades will only have 18 because 3 of those were missing this week
      • Like Like x 2
    19. stripey
      stripey
      I'm as follows:

12: 6 bye players only but 4 also didnt play last week - 19 on field and 1 stuck on bench (ROB)
      13: 10 bye players plus 3 non players - 17 on field
      14: 14 bye players plus 1 non player - 15 on field

And that is not allowing for Whitfield potentially missing in 12 & 13... at least one trade likely this week to get some cash (ROB to Bines) for the next couple of weeks
      • Like Like x 3
    20. Len
      Len
      12 - 7 bye players, with Whitfield likely out and Hore a ? mark but will do 18 without trades I think
      13 - 19 on field, but 2 or 3 likely to be traded
      14 - 18 on field, 3 are non players so will be working to address that in 12 and 13.
      Only holding 12 trades though and with 4 or 5 upgrades required it will be a balancing act
      • Like Like x 1