2019 AFL Rnd 10: Teams, Discussions & Trades

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 23, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on May 23, 2019 at 1:13 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

Round 10 is your last round (IMO) to prepare for the Byes.

Your either trading to make sure you have enough on-field cover or your looking to build a war chest to spend during the byes. Problem I see, and I'm completely Jack-of-it this year (pun completely intended), is still the availability of decent rookies on the bubble or rookies with poor job security (or both) - get these wrong and your byes will be disastrous. (Byes Thread - Click Here)

I have put together are few familiar rookies which most would have or at least a few to discuss your thoughts around what to do with them this week (Trade / Hold) and why. If there are others your jack-of then post and get some input from all.

upload_2019-5-23_12-53-28.png

Some Early News:
    Question: Do you think the Mid Season rookies will play?
    Teams Have Dropped - Over to you !

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 23, 2019.

1. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      No links atm Captain but could still prove useful when trading I suppose.
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      How lucky we are to be able to use the scores of Stocker, Parker & Answerth, their collective 75 approx. points is better than 000.
    3. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      I'd like to express my thoughts on team selections with the word from the big fella upstairs !!

upload_2019-5-24_17-45-22.png

Fair dinkum, plans are out the window (must stick to byes strategy - maybe, hopefully, well maybe not)
    4. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Keep all warm bodies you can.. remember we all have the same challenges this week. So better to stick to structures if you can.

If your in any cash leagues, go hard.

R. Young is a popular trade in and with Parker keeping his spot give most two Fwd options this week.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Spoilt for options, I almost feel bad.
    6. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Answerth (D/M) seems to have JS and still under $200K. Always named on field so suggests Fages likes this kid.
    7. choppers
      choppers
      Not sure who I should put on the field....any suggestions?.....

TU.....Stocker
      TD.....Burgess
      • Like Like x 3
    8. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Trade out :1:C.Constable , :2:W.Hayes or :3:B.Scott?
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    9. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      So looks like it -
      Constable & Drew (OUT) > Young and Whitfield (IN).
      Gives me 22 to on field with two x DEF cover, one x MID cover & zero FWD cover):

upload_2019-5-24_18-27-22.png

Think I'll put my trades back in the box till tomorrow, just in case there's a late change.
      Byes: Including the outs this week, that leaves me with 18, 19 & 20 on-field respectively for the byes.
    10. TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      With Brad Scott out the door, new coach gets a free swing at playing the rookies to see what they've got. So could be good for Scott.
      Hayes is a goer, but the polish of the Bailey's and Lipinski are back and Lin Jong is only a few weeks away. I don't see Hayes getting ahead of them.
      Constable is the "?", he's got enough coin to trade and is just likely to be a late in tomorrow. Though he's named in the VFL team (did he travel to the GC as an emergency ?). That said, I'd go Constable - he was a stepping stone anyway.

upload_2019-5-24_18-44-9.png
      • Like Like x 2
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Strewth, didn't realise Scott the coach was gone. I don't think I can hold too many donuts at the moment in the rookies department with vyes coming up but can kick that can down the road I guess.

Your post before actually helped me out a bit. I could go:
      Constable, Moore -> Neale, Young (~$20k)
      Or stick with original plan:
      Constable, Moore -> Boak/Cameron, J.Atley ($120k+)
      • Like Like x 2
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 2
    14. IPOD
      IPOD
      Now setterfield out now going to be 1 short in the fwd line or trade him for young instead of parker
      • Like Like x 1
    15. choppers
      choppers
      2 thumbs up, that's good enough for me.....Stocker it is...
      • Like Like x 2
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Setterfield is just on the cusp of making enough that you can think about trading him if desperate, especially if you need on field players but I gave up on him ages ago.
      Well you'd hope the 2019 #1 pick would score more than a rookie kpp but watch this go reverse now :p
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I think Atley was dropped, has there been a Friday late change @port_leschenault ??
      • Like Like x 1
    18. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      You're right and how many times had I scrolled through team sheets tonight? :spud:
      • Like Like x 1
    19. choppers
      choppers
      I actually think Burgess will do a lot better this round as he's down back, replacing Collins, and he's going to get a heap of work playing Geelong, but I also think Carlton players got a huge rev up after last week's effort and Stocker just might be more settled now, and go huge in his 4th game, so I'm happy with him on the field.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Take a bow Mr Grundy!

165pts
      will be Shazammed in 330pts if you had the VC on him and if you have a spare loophole option. ;)

Many will be Resting easy this weekend.
      • Like Like x 3