2019 AFL Rnd 10: Teams, Discussions & Trades

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 23, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on May 23, 2019 at 1:13 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

Round 10 is your last round (IMO) to prepare for the Byes.

Your either trading to make sure you have enough on-field cover or your looking to build a war chest to spend during the byes. Problem I see, and I'm completely Jack-of-it this year (pun completely intended), is still the availability of decent rookies on the bubble or rookies with poor job security (or both) - get these wrong and your byes will be disastrous. (Byes Thread - Click Here)

I have put together are few familiar rookies which most would have or at least a few to discuss your thoughts around what to do with them this week (Trade / Hold) and why. If there are others your jack-of then post and get some input from all.

upload_2019-5-23_12-53-28.png

Some Early News:
    Question: Do you think the Mid Season rookies will play?
    Teams Have Dropped - Over to you !

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 23, 2019.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Constable, while not in favour with his coach, might be able to get back in the 22.
      Hayes, is no chance to be back in the 22 in the short term. Had a few games and did not do enough, finishing with a stinker before getting himself dropped. Not even an emergency confirms he is done for the short to medium term.
      Scott is probably more of a chance than Hayes to play again soon, but less of a chance than Constable.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Jason
      Jason
      @Bearfly what is the deal with Joel Garner - thought he was good enough to stay in the 22 based on his debut - any info?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. TheTassieHawk
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Yes, its so very nice when a VC does this well so early in the round!

With Grundy doubled as captain, Im doing alright so far this round. However I think most would be with lots of popular players scoring well so far.

Saturday night, Im on 1433 from 12 (Grundy Cap)
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      1143pts with 10 played. 7 Premo’s to play.

Stuck with no way to get Duursma’s 108pts on field. Any other line wouldn’t have been an issue. At least it should give him a nice $ bump.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      1323 with 9 to come. 7 premo's to come (that is if Gus Brayshaw counts a premo these days...) Dont have Grundy. VC was on Macrae, so tossing up between Cripps, Fyfe and Neale. Thinking Freo will be given Neale a 'warm' welcome home. Blues would want to show something this week, so thinking Fyfe slightly ahead of Cripps. No trades this week.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. IPOD
      IPOD
      I have also don’t have Grundy so I also put the VC on Macrae and I only had danger or Bailey Scott to use as loophole so now a decision
      Option 1 - J.Kelly
      Option 2 - Fyfe
      Option 3 - Neale
      Option 4 - Cripps
      Option 5 - Gawn
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    8. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Fyfe and Neil head to head. Master v’s the Apprentice.
    9. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      All reliable!

Cripps might get the Steele tag?
      Giants at the G are a box of chocolates?
      Gawn V’s Mummy - Gawn dominates!
      Fyfe and Neil head to head is the juicy option - toss a coin.

Selection: Fyfe at home or Gawn if the G is wet.
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Seeing lots of scores over 2400!

I finished with 2378 which isn’t too shabby.

Won 9/10 leagues, with only loss to @Bearfly :)
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Early Thoughts. If Injury Confirmed As More Than 2 Weeks.

upload_2019-5-26_20-54-6.png
      • Like Like x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      I've had a rough run in my cash league of late.

Round 7: lost by 9
      Round 8: lost by 90
      Round 9: lost by 19
      This week: Won by 6!

Wooo!!!

+Stats are up.
      • Like Like x 5
    13. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Apologies Jason, only just noticed your comment this morning.
      That's a question pretty much all Port supporters have been asking, because "Big Bird" was superb in his debut and merited a decent run of games.
      Pretty much what happened was coach "Numbnuts" happened - he thought it was more important to rush back an underdone co-captain and upset the team balance rather than reward a debutant that done more than was asked of him in his debut.
      That selection really worked out.....NOT!!!!
      Jonas showed that he was underdone by constantly being 10-15 metres behind Gunston and letting him off the leash to set up the Hawks lead - got 5 kicked on him before useless Hinkley stopped sipping his sugar free Coke long enough to make a change!!!
      There is growing unrest amongst the "rusted on" long time Port supporters with Hinkley's acceptance of mediocrity and handing games to players because of who they are rather than based on form. Case in point is Jack Trengove - averaging nearly 40 quality disposals a game in SANFL and gets overlooked week in, week out simply because Ken has already pigeon-holed him as being only a depth player to provide leadership and mentor younger players in the magoos, despite showing in his 3 AFL games last season that he can still contribute at the top level. Trengove would, at present, be the clear leader in the SANFL Magarey Medal.
      This week, I am half expecting Ken to make Frampton the scapegoat and drop him, despite the fact that he competed hard in conditions not favourable to tall forwards, and despite the fact that the delivery into the forward line being absolutely deplorable once again.
      • Like Like x 3