2019 AFL Round 11: Teams, Discussions & Trades

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 30, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on May 30, 2019 at 9:23 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

Round 11 Teams have dropped.

Some key players are back - Cotchin, Danger, Moore, De Goey & Gibbs. Some key personnel out or back out - Rioli, Rockliff, Ablett, JPK, Shiel, Stringer and Simpson.

5 new faces, none more exciting than the mosquito. And some recent rookies, some of who just came in are now out, presenting further problems for the already disturbed coaches out there.

Burning Questions:
    • Do you trade or hold this week?
    • Are you looking at any donuts this Wk?
    • What’s your plan for the byes?
    • How many on-field for the byes?
    • Will you trade Rockliff or M.Crouch?
    Fingers crossed mosquito plays his first game?

1ADDEC8E-53E1-4DE6-97DF-5B4A2B9065DA.jpeg
    Good Luck

Last edited: May 30, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 30, 2019.

1. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I hate this year with a vengeance. Trying to pick the right downgrade rookies as been all but impossible. Apart from the Richmond trio (Baker, Bolton, Stack) has there been anyone that's come in and gone up a decent amount in price?
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Can only think of Hore who now looks like he could keep his place in my team or at least be my very last upgrade (if I can make it to a full premo side this year).
    3. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      Is it just me, or has the supercoach site got a bug where it doesn't let you trade any player
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      ROB ?
      Last edited: May 31, 2019
    5. stripey
      stripey
      yes i was thinking ROB also but maybe he was a bit early to be considered a downgrade rookie... perhaps more of a correction
    6. Penske file
      Penske file
      I have to make a decision between Mrouch and Rockliff, 1 has to go. I'm leaning toward the former then I can get J Kelly. then Rocky has bye next week...... I have Scrimshaw and Williams on backline 1 to go.Looks like the cheap Hore is there to stay.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Yeah with Hore, a lot of us started with him and he played R1. Been a godsend shoring up the backline. ROB is a good call but being a ruck is a bit of an exception, if you can afford to cull him before byes it's handy.
    8. ike2112
      ike2112
      Anyone else found themselves plodding along with a midfield bench of Constable, Scott and Hately?
      Each of the last 3 weeks I've had to bring in defender or forwards just to get 22 on the field, so haven't been able to fix this issue, and it hasn't fixed itself with them being named.

I went early on Hately as he seemed a sure thing in a thin list of options which allowed me to upgrade somewhere else that week. Bailey Scott I had from the start and looked a good pick, but has barely been seen since round 3, I'd figured he'd get a run under the new coach but he's not even an emergency.
      I have Wills now too which just exacerbates the problem (a last second change from Oskar Baker).

And now with Rocky probably out I'm stuck... I wanted to go Constable and Drew for Dunkley (as MF) and Cameron. I'd then potentially be able to get in Bewley next week whilst moving Dunkley forward and perhaps completing my forward 6 (Kelly, Danger, Daniel, Dunkley, Marshall, Cameron - eventually Marshall to Boak or Mundy if I don't run out of trades).
      But now I'm really stuck and going to have to probably trade Constable and Scott or Wills despite them having plenty to rise.

I didn't even get any of them...
      So yeah it's been a disaster!
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      It must have. Keeps telling me I don’t have enough cash to make my trades!
    10. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      If you don’t have ROB then I wouldn’t trade him in. He will only cover one round, assuming you have both G & G, and waste a trade for a player that won’t play on field again.

Better to select a player on another line during the byes. At least they will play two games during the byes. Look at your lines to figure out where you have the most pain.

Remember, it’s more than likely that most have G & G and all face a collective donut in Rnd 13.

Idea: Cameron plays the Suns twice and importantly again in Rnd 23. He’s cheap as chips too. Has Rnd 14 bye. Point of interest: Burgess had 1 kick last week against Hawkins who had 7 marks and kicked 4.3.

Look at your bye structures.
    11. Jason
      Jason
      Of the rookies who didn't play R1, in decreasing order of overall price rise:

O'Brien (265k)
      Stack (233k)
      Baker (183k)
      Bolton (165k)
      Lockhart (157k)
      Thomas (136k)
      Ross (134k)
      Larkey (120k)

None of the other post-R1 rookies has made more than $100k to date
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Anyone willing to offer their Prediction of a player that will score big this week?

Here’s mine:

E8D98265-922A-4A3C-BF38-5B1B9F026362.jpeg
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Do we target reliability and warm bodies that play each week? With lack of rookies with JS it’s difficult. Only hope is our upgrades play the rest of the season (which never happens) and play well.
    14. stripey
      stripey
      and this just adds to my belief that whoever you do upgrade to also has to provide value. no point bringing in a bloke who is over valued and undoing the cash gen you've achieved from your rookies

if only I hadnt started with Oliver, Danger & Macrae I know where my money would be going now...
      • Like Like x 1
    15. stripey
      stripey
      no I wasnt talking about bringing in ROB, I actually did get him in when he was on the bubble... we were talking about which of the downgrade targets have been good ones, ROB was on the bubble after Round 5 which was a bit too early for most downgrades given the lack of mooing from most of the popular rookies
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Seriously considering no trades this week. No options makes me very nervous
      • Like Like x 1
    17. stripey
      stripey
      im doing one trade due to having Mouch, Rocky, Hately and Scott in the mids...
    18. Penske file
      Penske file
      Every time I trade in a rookie and the reverse trade time passes coaches have me on a RED alert immediately put that player on the never to be picked again list...... or maybe I'm paranoid.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. IPOD
      IPOD
      Nothing really jumping out at me this week in regard to trades i thought about gus brayshaw but i only have 50k nowhere really to go to, so i think i will sit set JKelly as VC and let her rip
      • Like Like x 1