2019 AFL Round 11: Reviews, Discussions

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Jun 2, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on Jun 2, 2019 at 8:11 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

And that’s a wrap!

We should discuss scores, rank and concerns...

BUT ...

C3675100-7703-467E-9A08-D86DAE4D3799.jpeg

How’s your team structures looking?
    How many will you have playing?
    Who is are your main trade targets?

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Jun 2, 2019.

1. choppers
      choppers
      Any news on Williams, Len
    2. stripey
      stripey
      So does this just mean 2 games he will actually miss... or more... o_O
    3. Len
      Len
      Was fit to play last week, gave him an extra as a precaution, he will play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      • Like Like x 4
    4. Len
      Len
      I understand it to be 3-4 weeks total so hopefully just 2 games

5. Len
      Len
      Actually 4-6 weeks now from Leon so my original source was out a bit

• Like Like x 2
    6. stripey
      stripey
      Well that’s definitely a trade then... Ryan I guess depending on bye structure
      • Like Like x 1
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Whitfield's injury has me scrambling to revise my bye planning.

I am not sure whether to trade to a defender such as Lloyd, Hurn or Houli or to a midfielder or forward via Answerth shifting back.

Here is hoping that at least one decent downgrade option presents on Thursday night so we can build our cash and fund upgrades this week or in later bye weeks.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Len
      Len
      I'm a hoping for a Hately
      • Like Like x 1
    9. stripey
      stripey
      You and 300,000 other people
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      On the Cpt's ship you would have definitely walked the plank - cant have bad omens and luck on the boat.

OR

$50 bucks in everyone's account should see us all forget your poor decisions.
    11. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      upload_2019-6-4_15-16-20.png
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Penske file
      Penske file
      The Czech is in the male.....
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      It just got worse!

D9E2AD2A-1E5A-465F-A9AA-1C3D5228A75B.jpeg
    14. bunza52
      bunza52
      Well, after a season' best of 2,406 last week with no trades, I traded out ROB and Gibbons and brought in J Kelly, so one would think that the score should increase......but could only manage 2,246.
      With my recent trading, I have been keeping bye structure in mind, so I should have 23 available. But with Whitfield and Hurn gone + Hore and William needing to come back from injury + Bines and B Scott on the pine I only have potential 17 available. Thinking Ill be going Whitfield to Laird, not Lloyd, as I have 13 missing next week, so lots of fun and games ahead......
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      We’re robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Trade this week, feel the pain next week.
      Trade next week, 2 becomes 4 and loose rank.

Oh the insanity of it all.
      Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      This weeks news: nope.

[​IMG]
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Pretty quiet out there! Everyone holding their collective breath and waiting for teams to drop?

ANY WHISPERS DOING THE ROUNDS?
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Penske file
      Penske file
      Maybe they could have a 3 week hiatus in super coach to let all our payers rest and convalesce, starting afresh in round 15 all those in favour..... otherwise there will be a new Krispy Kreme outlet or many burnt trades.
    19. dabombers
      dabombers
      Everyone is quiet as the proverbial has hit the fan!!!
      Hurn, Whitfield, no Hately……. At least M.Crouch, Z.Williams and Hore are back.

For me now that teams have dropped I have two decisions: Cop it now or Cop it later.

I could do one prep trade to bank a little bit of cash then use two less trades through the byes. It means holding 4 rookies for the rest of the year and use them as swingmen cover for injuries (Duursma, Rozee, Answorth and get in Gardner) which with Whitfield is now!!
      It would mean keeping Rozee or Hore as D6 and B.Smith at D5 for the run home

The Original Plan was a triple downgrade this week of 3 Port Rookies that plan is now dead.

Next was a 2 Down 1 Up to complete Mids. Problem is the only downgrade targets I like, both have only played one game and both have the bye this week. Bad Risk management with only a little upside. Also the Targets I like have R13 or R14 byes just making more problems in the weeks to come....

So instead of treating these byes like Xmas has come, with all this extra 'Tradey Goodness', I think I am going to be really conservative and hold on to some of the better rookies, Trades and ride this season out carefully.
    20. Cpt Pugwash
      • Like Like x 1