2019 AFL Round 12 (Bye #1): Teams, Trades, Bleeding & Donuts

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Jun 6, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on Jun 6, 2019 at 8:20 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

The Round 12 Teams have dropped (and just like that 18 becomes 14).

I have no words to describe the feeling that we have all been hoodwinked by the Coaches. What a pickle were in, trade to even up the ledger and it hurts you in round 13 & 14. Do nothing and season over.

OUTS - Shai Bolton (BE 95), Liam Stocker (BE 2), Shannon Hurn (BE 166) & Lachie Whitfield (BE 162)
    INS - Daniel Rioli (BE 95), Gary Ablett (BE 146), Kade Simpson (BE 15), Matt Crouch (BE 158), Zac Williams (BE 149),

NEW:
    • Rotham (BE -79) Est. Price Rise $52K - Note currently on extended bench
    • Naish (Def) $123, 900 - Rate this guy. Killing it in VFL.
    • Quaynor (Def) $153, 300. Consistent in VFL. Note currently on extended bench
    • But do we need more defenders with questionable JS?
    BUBBLE BOYS:
    • Hately (Emergency) - where not falling for that again.
    • Pruess (Emergency) - will Gawn be a late out?
    Emergency-Men (keep an eye on): Kyron Hayden (M/F) $102, 400

Never has trade planning, selections and captains choice been so important!
    What are you going to do this week?

Just so you know -

upload_2019-6-6_20-20-5.png
    Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Jun 6, 2019.

1. dabombers
      dabombers
      [/QUOTE]

Everyone is quiet as the proverbial has hit the fan!!!
      Hurn, Whitfield, no Hately……. At least M.Crouch, Z.Williams and Hore are back.

For me now that teams have dropped I have two decisions: Cop it now or Cop it later.

I could do one prep trade to bank a little bit of cash then use two less trades through the byes. It means holding 4 rookies for the rest of the year and use them as swingmen cover for injuries (Duursma, Rozee, Answorth and get in Gardner) which with Whitfield is now!!
      It would mean keeping Rozee or Hore as D6 and B.Smith at D5 for the run home

The Original Plan was a triple downgrade this week of 3 Port Rookies that plan is now dead.

Next was a 2 Down 1 Up to complete Mids. Problem is the only downgrade targets I like, both have only played one game and both have the bye this week. Bad Risk management with only a little upside. Also the Targets I like have R13 or R14 byes just making more problems in the weeks to come....

So instead of treating these byes like Xmas has come, with all this extra 'Tradey Goodness', I think I am going to be really conservative and hold on to some of the better rookies, Trades and ride this season out carefully.
    2. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Smart choices -
    3. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      I was going to do the downgrades like @dabombers but I need a player with a round 14 bye to cover for Whitfield. I have tossed up between Laird and Finlayson which will give me between $60000 and $70000 in cash and I think I am leaning toward Laird. It will give me 19 on the field and good cover for Rd 13. What's wrong with Gawn - is he really a possible late out?
      Thumbs up Laird
      Thumbs down Finlayson
      • Like Like x 3
    4. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Would love a defensive dg target.
      Not essential. As holding $350k.
      Will wait a week and turn Lockhart into Gardner.
      This week it’s Whitfield > Andrews for me and pocket $100k.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Gawn - only noted due to Preuss on Emergency list.
    6. dabombers
      dabombers
      After messing around with the numbers and possible teams Rounds 12, 13, 14 and then from that point.
      I can not see holding onto Whitfield for 6-8 weeks a viable option..
      I don't trust info saying he will be back in 4 weeks after surgery. (Had a hairline fracture in my collarbone and had not much confidence in it for 8 weeks.)
      So will wait till 6:30pm Friday, but I think he will be gonski and turn into a 600k midfielder.....
      May also go Rotham and Gardner early and don't care if they play going fwd as just get rid of Parker and Butters and open up some DPP swings for injuries....
      Next week cull Hore and either Clark or Baker to Dunkley/Mundy/Waters/???? and ???? and Good cover on all lines bar rucks with Duursma and Rozee able to swing freely...

I reckon after another 10k permutations I may make a decision.. or not!!
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      If Roth and Gardner are fillers that’s good. WC and WBD have the most Sunday games. Perfect for Looping (assuming they don’t hold their spots).

Dunkley my pick of those.
      Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    8. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Thoughts?

Whitfield > Rotham (Loop)
      Butters > Cogniglio or Cunnington
      Bolton > Laird

Puts 19 on field this week.

TU - Cogd
      TD - Cunn
      • Like Like x 3
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    9. bunza52
      bunza52
      Thank the SC gods that Williams and Hore are back this week. Gives me 19 onfield. Shame Hurn is out, but no point trading him. Think I might also hold Whitfield this week and trade him to Ryan next week. Would like to get Rotham if named, but thinking he will likely be in and out.
    10. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Rotham might be in and out but going into finals he could be a great non-playing bench option considering he plays a lot of Sunday games.
    11. Penske file
      Penske file
      What do we think of Naish's js .. is he worth the punt? The sooner Jackson hately changes his name to Jackson lovely it could improve his chances,.. meantime.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I would much rather bring Naish in next week or in Round 15 than before he plays an AFL game.

For those with very strong D6 and D7 then it might be worth the risk this week to get a full 18 on the park.
    13. dunny29
      dunny29
      Currently facing 2 donuts thanks to Whitfield/Bolton and not loving who to bring in (Rotham if named probably doesn't help for next week), Naish may not have the best JS but suits my bye structure (Ellis and Astbury expected to miss 1 week plus Broad could come back in next). I am prepared to not trade for the sole purpose of avoiding donuts.

I was thinking of trading with an eye to next week, Drew and Bolton to either Daniel or Cameron and a rookie likely to score the next 2 rounds ideally. Are there any good options? I might be forced to take a risk with Naish

I was thinking Daniel over Cameron due to games played in previous seasons and seems to be a bit more consistent (20/20/20 vs 16/18/18 games), Cameron has played sore (bye could help him) and may cop more attention etc as a key fwd, but his ceiling is obviously much higher. I think Daniel could easily be shut down, but I don't see him as a damaging player so think this is unlikely to occur. Cameron has the last bye but think I can cover. GWS looks to have the soft draw home, could be good for scoring, but this may allow a rest.

I don't want to make the choice lol, both currently in 10.1% of teams, perhaps I'm leaning toward Cameron

TU Daniel
      TD Cameron
      Best rookie to bring in this week likely to play the next 2? Are there any other options I'm not seeing?
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    14. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Such is my predicament that I think I am trading in a fallen Sicily (bye) for Whitfield this week in order to trade Beams up to Cogs. Has obvious risk attached but gives me another body for next week and I wouldn't be able to get 18 out even with 3 trades so think it's not a bad plan. Feel free to tell me otherwise though.
      • Like Like x 2
    15. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Not sure on your current rookie situation Captain but I have put a line through Rotham as I already have the likes of Hayes and Scott wasting away on the bench. Most likely scenario imo is that he's in this week and straight back out for Hurn after their bye. I also have Bines as a loophole though so would not derive any benefit from Rotham in that regard.
    16. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Rotham and Rose ($165k FWD) have both made the 22 for WCE and the Swans respectively
    17. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      I’m pulling him in.
    18. TheTassieHawk
    19. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Haha, even Stocker's out. RIP my ranking this season. It's shit now, going to get WRECKED.