2019 AFL Round 12 (Bye #1): Teams, Trades, Bleeding & Donuts

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Jun 6, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on Jun 6, 2019 at 8:20 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

The Round 12 Teams have dropped (and just like that 18 becomes 14).

I have no words to describe the feeling that we have all been hoodwinked by the Coaches. What a pickle were in, trade to even up the ledger and it hurts you in round 13 & 14. Do nothing and season over.

OUTS - Shai Bolton (BE 95), Liam Stocker (BE 2), Shannon Hurn (BE 166) & Lachie Whitfield (BE 162)
    INS - Daniel Rioli (BE 95), Gary Ablett (BE 146), Kade Simpson (BE 15), Matt Crouch (BE 158), Zac Williams (BE 149),

NEW:
    • Rotham (BE -79) Est. Price Rise $52K - Note currently on extended bench
    • Naish (Def) $123, 900 - Rate this guy. Killing it in VFL.
    • Quaynor (Def) $153, 300. Consistent in VFL. Note currently on extended bench
    • But do we need more defenders with questionable JS?
    BUBBLE BOYS:
    • Hately (Emergency) - where not falling for that again.
    • Pruess (Emergency) - will Gawn be a late out?
    Emergency-Men (keep an eye on): Kyron Hayden (M/F) $102, 400

Never has trade planning, selections and captains choice been so important!
    What are you going to do this week?

Just so you know -

upload_2019-6-6_20-20-5.png
    Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Rookies:

Def: Clarke, Hore (Rotham)
      Mid: Duursma, Stocker Answerth
      Ruc: Sweet
      Fwd: Baker, Parker, Setters, Young, Gardner
      • Like Like x 1
    2. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      18 playing, but I've had to say goodbye to O'Brien. Leaves a warchest for next week too which looks to be another bloodbath but will be able to get players like Boak types and rookies like Bewley or Gardner.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      For those of you who can afford a non bottom priced rookie then Oscar Baker is mid $160's and named onfield (wing) for the Queens Birthday.

Is anyone considering him this week ?
    4. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Whitfield replacement...

:thumbsu: Sicily
      :thumbsd: JJ
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Not considering but agree with your point.
    6. ike2112
      ike2112
      What a mess.

Firstly I think Preuss is on bench as Demons are considering doubling up against Grundy, so it's not to replace Gawn it's to play alongside.

I am now focusing more I think on my Trading Games team as it just scored 2566 and is top 2000.
      I only have 17 available though due to Whitfield out. I think given its a hamstring, I'm going to trade him. Had thought to Hurn, but he's out too, so now thinking hold to next week and bring in Ryan.
      That means I need to find someone elsewhere. Bailey Scott to Ben Cunnigton?
      He's not a popular person, so not a popular pick, but I don't see how he can be ignored any more. He's in the top 6 mids I think for avg, being tagged is irrelevant as he himself is a run-with player, he scores with touches and tackles, I think I will have to do it.

But also looking at Boak, Mundy and Walters all cheap next week/week after.
      Lachie Neale has a huge BE then bye, but will be at his cheapest round 14.
      If I can get Ryan, Boak and Neale in over next 3 weeks I think I'm good, close to premo.

But the worry is who to downgrade to. I might even need to do one this week to allow 3 next week.
      Bewley, Clarke, Gardner, others? Any worth taking the risk on?
      • Like Like x 1
    7. bunza52
      bunza52
      If you have to go early, I'd go with Gardner. Straight into the side after the draft & dogs need some big boys. Im thinking the same, with Cunnington in my TG, as I dropped outside 4k last week, so need a POD & he ticks enough of the boxes for me, especially with GC this week and a nice cold & dirty day at Blundstone Arena against GWS, so perfect for him.
    8. TheTassieHawk
    9. TheTassieHawk
    10. TheTassieHawk
    11. TheTassieHawk
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Note Yeo was already a late change on Saturday afternoon

13. tk
      tk
      ... and now Lobb will be an extended out with a stress fracture. :(

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/fr...ed-period-with-stress-fracture-ng-b881225195z

I'm thinking of using an extra trade this round to replace him to give me more flexibility for best using my 3 trades next round.

:1: Robbie Gray - seriously underpriced and might be the best value going given his hand fracture is (surely) better now
      :2: C.Daniels - very consistent
      :3: R.Gardner - super low price, can build war-chest and stay flexible for next week... but a bit worried about J/S

Thoughts?!?

PS - I had one out of the bag in round 10 and collected 3rd prize overall! Crazy!! I'm a long-time TS lurker, so thanks all...! The $250 prize probably means I've been earning about 5c per hour since first tumbling into the supercoach vortex addiction... but still worth it. :p
      • Like Like x 3
    14. benny01
      benny01
      If it makes you feel any better I did the same thing. I traded Whitfield to Ryan (Fre) for the sake of the next two weeks.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. ike2112
      ike2112
      I wonder how Lobb being out affects other Freo players - he was already having to play full time ruck as all their other rucks are injured. If they end up having to stop-gap for a week or two until Darcy is fit, will Walters, Mundy, Fyfe see a drop-off?
    16. stripey
      stripey
      I can’t see Lobb out along with Pearce having a positive impact that’s for sure

EDIT: It’s hard to know tho, Fyfe will continue to be Fyfe but surely the team will struggle a bit which means less points to Freo players? If Walters & Mundy are playing more forward then there scores should be impacted
      Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    17. insider
      insider
      What does par look like Gents? I cracked 2,000 but not sure if that’s any good?
    18. HargyBear
      HargyBear
      I saw there was a 2248 in one of my leagues!
    19. choppers
      choppers
      A miserly 1908 for me...
      Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    20. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      For those teams with 18 or more players and a reasonable number of premos playing 2000 would be a good round score. Given some high scores to the likes of Lloyd, Danger, Gawn and Cripps there might be some hurting if they copped a sub 110 captains score (Neale, Grundy).

My 2015 was enough for 3 wins out of 4 leagues.
      • Like Like x 1