Trading Games 2019

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

By Jason on Mar 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2019 Trading Games league!

What's it all about? Basically every year the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. We usually go with a "cookie cutter" team with the most popular selections on every line, as far as practicable. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:

1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather, etc. to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    https://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/afl/classic/#/?action=join-group&code=177853

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! The correct team is shown here just below.
    TG1.JPG

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can rearrange the 30 players to have different players onfield and on the bench before the start of R1. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Step 5: If you wish, you can join the Trading Games League. We will set up multiple leagues as required.
    TS Trading Games 1: 945889

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 12, 2019.

• Tags:
    1. Jason
      Jason
      18 on field this week plus O'Brien with the E on my RUC bench as my 19th player.

How did everybody else fare?
      • Like Like x 1
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      19 this week then 20 and 20 after planned trades. Hoping to come out the other side with one fwd left to upgrade. Will be getting skinny on trades by then.:eek:
      • Like Like x 1
    3. stripey
      stripey
      19 starters, ROB an E and deciding what to do with Whitfield.. possibly move to Sicily or Ryan which will help the next two weeks
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Len
      Len
      19 for me
      • Like Like x 1
    5. stripey
      stripey
      Currently 1270/13 with 1966 projected - C on Grundy

No trades this week. Whitfield likely to go next week.
    6. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Sitting ok on 1473/13 Danger C and Answerth 33 dropped out.
      I didn’t plan for more than 18 on field this week but can see the benefits when a swag of rookie junk scores roll around like this weekend.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. Jason
      Jason
      The decision to make Reilly O'Brien my vice-captain this week was a good one!
      • Like Like x 3
    8. Len
      Len
      This weeks trades for Kelli's lot
      upload_2019-6-13_22-21-16.png
      VC on Fyfe, C on Kelly
    9. stripey
      stripey
      Whitfield to Ryan
      Moore to Naish
      Scott to Marshall
      VC/C undetermined at this stage - expected ROB to have a good night against Tigers rucks but wow.. funnily enough it’s the first time I’ve been able to use his score too!
      • Like Like x 1
    10. stripey
      stripey
      6/675 with 2027 projected atm
      • Like Like x 1
    11. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Well done. Was my plan but reversed trades when teams named as needed to rethink. Unf didn’t go back and reset my vc. Oh well, will prob go Fyfe into Cripps.
      Gotten tight at top of leader board after last week.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. stripey
      stripey
      I daresay this will be the most popular choice this week, it's certainly what me and my daughter are both doing!
    13. Jason
      Jason
      3/557 incl. VC
      (Neale is my non-playing captain)
      • Like Like x 1
    14. stripey
      stripey
      14/1708

Unfortunately I’m one short this week with only Cameron, Williams and Larkey to come
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Jason
      Jason
      15/1662 with Kelly, Williams and Cameron to finish.
      Hoping to claw back some points on the teams ahead of me this week.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Jason
      Jason
      1987 for me.

Good year too, remember it well.

• Like Like x 1
    17. anthak
      anthak
      I had a terrible round this week, with only 14 players playing. Got smashed at selection this week unfortunately with heaps of players out who I hoped would play this week
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Len
      Len
      1560 for me, about what I expected after selections were made
    19. stripey
      stripey
      1945 I ended up with including the donut.... had the opportunity to get rid of the donut but opted to make next weeks options look better.. before my last trade this week I only had 16 definite starters, ended up doing a sideways trade to make that 17 - Rocky, Burgess and to a smaller extent Young is where my planning went wrong
      • Like Like x 1
    20. stripey
      stripey
      Had to do 3 trades this week to get 18 on the park... a few rookies in there too so this could be where my bye planning really comes unstuck... that and 6 trades left with ROB (and his cash) stuck on the bench for another week with 2 upgrades left. If not for Rocky out this week I could've cashed ROB and been ready for final upgrades last week (or maybe only had 1 upgrade left).. aaahhh Rocky...
      [​IMG]